| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Douchy sounding question: Lg G2 or Samsung Galaxy s4 phone?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:54 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I feel like a tool asking about cell phones. I don't know why. I'm just a self-hating smart phone user, I guess.
I'm getting a new phone on T-Mobile. I hate how big all the damn phones are these days, but it's important to me to have a decent camera, so most of the smaller ones are ruled out. I can get a refurbished galaxy s4 for the same price as a new g2 and their specs are about the same. Does anyone have a preference?

I know there are newer version of both of these phones out, but they are crazy expensive.

Post subject: Re: Douchy sounding question: Lg G2 or Samsung Galaxy s4 pho
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:40 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I'm no help, but let me know how terrible it is being forced to give up your keyboard for a touch screen so I can prepare myself.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:01 pm 

I really don't want to give up my keyboard, but the only keyboard phone seems pretty crappy!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:03 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I just checked and they don't even give me the option to filter by having a keyboard anymore, and the last time they did it was two refurbs that are just as old as the HTC.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:18 pm 
Chip Strong

For what it's worth, I'm typing this right now on a galaxy s5. I really like it, though it's my first smart phone so I don't have a lot to compare it to. But I will say that I was considering getting an s4 because I didn't want a huge screen (I was used to an ipod and I wanted it to fit in my pocket), but now that I have it the screen doesn't seem so huge after all. I have Verizon and they were running a promotion that made it pretty reasonable- the same as the s4, at least. Plus I plan on keeping this phone for at least a few years or as long as it continues to work, so I wanted the latest model (for some reason I feel like I need to justify my fancy phone).

That was super rambling, but feel free to ask questions if there's anything you want to know from a galaxy user.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:14 am 

thanks! the way tmobile works now, there are no deals on phones, so the newer models are wayyyyy expensive, so i'd definitely have to get an s4. i don't have any specific questions. i should just pick one of those phones. i'm sure they will both be fine.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:32 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Matt works for a cellular company and says that the G2 has a better screen, but has way more glitches and complaints. He recommends the s4.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:48 am 
Seagull of the PPK

i don't think it's douchey to ask!

i bought myself a galaxy mini (which i don't think is common in the US, i had to order it internationally, but i wanted the smaller version) when i was in the US last year, and it has worked out great. Now the galaxy has been through a few generations and the 4 or 5 have much fewer glitches. I imagine the LG is going through that process now.

As for the screen, I always have a really hard time with touchscreens and tablets (not sure if it's because my fingers are always cold or whatever but even using bank machines or anything that uses a fingerprint, it can never get my "touch", it gets annoying) so i was dreading moving to the smartphone, but let me tell you, it was just fine after only a few days of total feel-like-an-idiot misery.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:55 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

I use a Samsung Galaxy S4 or maybe s5 at work. I only make calls on it, so I don't know about functions, but I think it's too big. I have small hands, and it's too large to hold comfortably.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:23 pm 

Thank you guys! I'll go for the galaxy!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:26 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

I'm probably too late to chime in here, but I wouldn't buy a phone from T-mobile. I bought a Moto G from Motorola and a T-Mobile sim card. I can use the phone with any carrier by getting a new sim card, so I'm not stuck with T-mobile if their service gets crappy or another phone company has a cheaper plan. I am also on a no contract account with them. I've heard from friends that phones purchased from phone companies get Android updates later than the phones that aren't tied to a phone company so that's another reason not to get a phone through a phone company.

I have put my mouth, this is the best sandwich. Since. I agree Araya monkeytoes too much, especially the lunch buffet. I have no idea of ​​the city center. I mean try headstrong, but I have not made there. --spam!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:34 pm 

Thanks, kj, but I've already had to t mobile for years already and I like it. I'm typing on my new phone now and trying to get used to swype. This phone is huge!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:35 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

ijustdiedinside wrote:
Thanks, kj, but I've already had to t mobile for years already and I like it. I'm typing on my new phone now and trying to get used to swype. This phone is huge!

Ha! I do not like swype. Good luck with that! Yay new phone!!

I have put my mouth, this is the best sandwich. Since. I agree Araya monkeytoes too much, especially the lunch buffet. I have no idea of ​​the city center. I mean try headstrong, but I have not made there. --spam!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:37 pm 

Oh and it's also financed through t mobile so I just pay it all on one bill.
Yay! We'll see how it goes!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:43 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

torque wrote:
As for the screen, I always have a really hard time with touchscreens and tablets (not sure if it's because my fingers are always cold or whatever but even using bank machines or anything that uses a fingerprint, it can never get my "touch", it gets annoying) so i was dreading moving to the smartphone, but let me tell you, it was just fine after only a few days of total feel-like-an-idiot misery.

Oh yes. Touchscreens are better these days, but man is it annoying for those of us with cold fingers. Experiments with friends phones tells me that Samsung responds better than the iPhone. The ginormous size is super off-putting for me in getting a new phone, but the situation is approaching critical. Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (mini? You're joking!) was a contender. It's pretty old by now I guess... and I'm unlikely to switch phones as long as the old one is working. I don't make calls (that's why texts were invented) so I don't care about that. I just want something that fits in a pocket and has a decent battery life but that doesn't exist anymore. Everything here is migrating to apps so if I get a phone there's no point in not getting a smartphone. If you're gonna stick a camera on it make it decent or don't bother... OK I'm done ranting now but the phone situation really frustrates me.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:41 am 
Seagull of the PPK

fruitbat wrote:
[ Experiments with friends phones tells me that Samsung responds better than the iPhone. .

Oh no kidding! I brought an iphone back with me thinking i could use that instead but it is SO FRIGGING USELESS. I use it like an expensive ipod for when i go to the gym, drive, and listen to the radio while i cook (small upgrade there from the ipod but not much). every swipe requires multiple taps, smacks and smears, it's totally a waste of my time.