| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Want To Help Me Clothing Shop?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:45 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Mr. Shankly wrote:
Mars wrote:
You especially read my reply, right Shankly?

I wasn't sure if you meant that I would look good with H&M clothing on me or with David Beckham on me.

Well I went to the website intending to find things to recommend for you but once I saw that I kind of gave up and didn't know what I meant to do/say.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:53 pm 
WELFARIST!

Never mind at what I just typed, I'm not going to do that.

This is so frustrating and I feel like VS is the only store that sells exactly what I like but they're always out of stock in my size and color combo.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:09 am 

Have you ever dyed clothes before? It's pretty fun and easy! You could get a top you like in a size that fits you of a different color, and then dye it! For easy no-hassle kind of dyeing, I recommend getting a shirt that has color/shade to it already, it tends to look more natural/intended than when starting from white. So like, a grey is perfect, or if there's a color you like but wish it was brighter/bolder/darker, like a pastel yellow lets say, that you wish was mustard... for example.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:16 am 
WELFARIST!

I haven't but I'm also not big into modifying my clothing. I really just want to be able to just buy the clothes and wear them.

Also, I went to buy 3 shirts from VS and the total comes to $57.18...for THREE shirts! One of which is on clearance! Am I just being cheap? I really, really like these shirts but I can't spend $60 on 3 shirts. The shipping is the big killer, it's about $9 for standard shipping. So frustrating. And they asked me my gender with my billing address which was super weird.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:28 am 

I don't think you're being cheap, I would find that expensive. What about Target? ould that deliver to you? I've got some great $8 v-neck t-shirts from there, and they fit me better than all my other v-necks.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:00 am 
Discovered unobtainium

What kind of shirts? Unless they are tees, $60 for 3 sounds pretty reasonable if they are decent quality. Of course, I might be skewed because I will spend that on one shirt. I just don't buy clothes very often and I'm perfectly happy to wear the same few pieces that I really love instead of having a lot to choose from. I'm probably boring though--95% of my wardrobe is black and the other 5% is mostly summer stuff.

Instead of worrying about how much each item costs, I would focus on an overall budget and make a list of how many pieces you want and then work from there. You can find clothes to fit any budget.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:07 am 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

For real shirts, 3 for $60 would be a deal, but, yes, for t-shirts, that's expensive.

Old navy has a wide variety of henleys (which you linked to 2 of, so I assume you like them), some as cheap as $5.

see: http://goo.gl/Ui9t5

or: http://goo.gl/dXomm

and it's not that much cheaper than VS, but everlane.com (you have to sign up to browse), has really excellent t-shirts for $15 each.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:45 am 
WELFARIST!

They weren't t-shirts (in the sense of short sleeve, v-neck shirts) and I ended up taking one shirt out and only buying two. It was still expensive but I've bought from VS a lot of times before and I know I love their clothing most of the time, they have the colors that I want, they have the styles that I want and something that's also amusingly important to me is that the shirts go down far enough in the front for me. Also, you see how frustrated I get while shopping and I'm so picky that I thought since I see them and they're not insanely priced (like $50/shirt) then it would probably be better if I just bought them than not buy any clothing ever.

So all in all, last night I bought those Dockers (they had them marked down an extra 20% off so I went for it) and two of the VS shirts I linked to which I'll link to again.

http://us.dockers.com/product/index.jsp ... age=family

This in plumbtastic http://www.victoriassecret.com/sale/clo ... earch=true

This in black http://www.victoriassecret.com/sale/clo ... earch=true

If I end up really liking the first shirt, I might get it in black as well, if they have any left. The first one is what I wanted to layer the lace tank top with.

And I'm like you, lavawitch, 95% of my wardrobe is black.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:43 pm 
WELFARIST!

Shoes:

I need a pair of running shoes. I need them to be on the cheaper side and I'm okay with less than amazing quality because running isn't something I do a lot of right now. I just need a pair to get me on my feet (ha!) so nothing above $40, I wouldn't even want to spend above $35. I've been looking at New Balance and they have a couple for around $30 but I've head various things about how their descriptions are not always accurate so when it says "all mesh uppers" or something, it still might have leather or suede. Does anyone know about that?

I'd like a pair of shoes just for work, as well. Something in black (preferably) or dark brown. Comfortable to walk in for hours and nice looking. Plain, obviously.

I think that's good for the shoe front.

Jackets:

I like jackets in this style:
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?. ... d=44074344
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcnd9zWmfw1r9ijw3.jpg (without the million buttons)

In black.

For a long range purchase I'd like to find a coat that's exactly like the one I have now but in houndstooth and vegan. It'd be a little down past my waist and fitted.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:12 pm 
WELFARIST!

Great news! My Dockers arrived and they are awesome! They also sent me a coupon code for 15% off my next purchase, along with free shipping. My VS shirts also arrived. I love the black one, the purple one less so. I just look so good in black.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:32 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I love those VS shirts you got and I think I may put in an order for a couple. What size did you order and how is the fit? I think I'm similar to you in build. I would prefer the fit to be a little looser, just not super tight.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:37 pm 
WELFARIST!

von m wrote:
I love those VS shirts you got and I think I may put in an order for a couple. What size did you order and how is the fit? I think I'm similar to you in build. I would prefer the fit to be a little looser, just not super tight.

They are the type of shirts that fit to you but I ordered a medium and I'd say they are true to fit. I have a difficult time shopping for shirts sometimes and I've never had a problem with these.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:04 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Mr. Shankly wrote:
von m wrote:

They are the type of shirts that fit to you but I ordered a medium and I'd say they are true to fit. I have a difficult time shopping for shirts sometimes and I've never had a problem with these.

Wonderful, thanks for the info!
Hahaha, I just noticed your avatar. I watched that episode a couple of nights ago. Flipping awesome!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:33 pm 
WELFARIST!

No problem!

And is everyone sick of this thread? Because I could still use some help if you all have the patience.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:36 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I don't mind offering opinions, but they are probably of limited usefulness.

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2