| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2394 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 96  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hey look! A general makeup thread!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:18 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I have, not a lot but enough to give recommendations. Their cream blushes are really popular and great, and the white Diva Stix is great for an eyeshadow base. I also like the lipgloss I got. If you have oily eyelids, their primers will do nothing for you. The solid perfume I got from them smelled like wax and nothing else, so I tossed it. I've seen a lot of positive reviews for their face foods. If you're super pale, I have their lightest bronzer, Angel Dust, and I really like it. In general, their powder cosmetics are pretty standard mineral stuff so there isn't much to hate as long as you like loose makeup. And they do have a lot of great sample kits.

Also when I used my groupon, I had to email the owner and tell her what I wanted because there was no place to enter the groupon code on the site.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:22 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I really like the cream blushes from the ANF. The only weird thing is that they don't have swatches online, I think you're just supposed to look at the powder blushes for colors. But there are tons of swatches and reviews online if you search.

I also love their lip glosses. they have a nice consistency- not a ton of staying power, but I don't really expect that from a gloss. They're super cheap too, all their stuff is really.

I also use their facial cleansing creams and really like them:

http://www.theallnaturalface.com/makeup ... cleansers/

I haven't tried any of the foundations, though I'd like to try the cream version especially.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:43 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Does anyone have suggestions for eyeliners to replace urban decay's stash (dark, sparkly khaki) and underground (brownish-purplish) 24/7 pencils?

I prefer pencils over gel or liquid liners, but am not totally wedded to them (I'm just bad at applying gel and liquid liner). My old ones are almost gone and I'm not into the idea of buying anything else from UD given their recent shadiness.

I like too faced's perfect eyes pencils, but they verge on being too soft and don't have those colors. If you have ideas for other, less harsh than black or navy eyeliners that would be good on someone pale with blue eyes & are appropriate to wear to the office, I'd love to hear them.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:49 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I've been using this: http://www.sephora.com/smoldereyes-amazonian-clay-waterproof-liner-P290630?skuId=1345339, but it looks like it might be discontinued? Underground used to be my go-to. Golden black might be good, too, but I haven't tried it.

ETA: I got Charcoal in this deal: http://tartecosmetics.com/tarte-item-beauty-and-the-box-Amazonian-clay-eyeshadow-quad-and-smolderEYES-Amazonian-clay-waterproof-liner So it's the eyeliner and shadow for $1 less than the eyeliner.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:59 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

awesome, thanks! the bronze one on the first link looks pretty close to underground and it seems like sephora's still selling it even if it's discontinued. ETA: or is fig closer? Hard to say from the internet.

I've been trying not to buy that tarte deal for ages, we'll see how my resolve holds up this afternoon.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:54 pm 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

Anyone have a recommendation for a good pressed powder? My nose is so freaking shiny! Even though I put mineral powder on it in the morning. That's basically the only thing I need if for. A pressed powder that isn't too... powdery, if you know what I mean.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:50 pm 
WELFARIST!

baps wrote:
Mr. Shankly wrote:
Sorry if this has been talked about before but I need a good black eyeshadow (without glitter) that is also not going to cost me a crepe ton of money. The biggest issue with the cheaper brands is that they're not highly pigmented and end up coming out greyish or too light.

As far as I know, one of the blackest ones you can buy is Makeup Geek's Corrupt. They are cruelty free but you'd have to email them about veganness, as it does say may contain carmine in the ingredients list.

Also, Sugarpill's Bulletproof is vegan and their eyeshadows are AWESOME! Although I can't vouch for how black it is, because I don't have it (I have a tonne of matte blacks in various Sleek palettes, so I've never bothered replacing my old MAC Carbon e/s).

Thank you! These are exactly what I was looking for.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:56 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Amy wrote:
Anyone have a recommendation for a good pressed powder? My nose is so freaking shiny! Even though I put mineral powder on it in the morning. That's basically the only thing I need if for. A pressed powder that isn't too... powdery, if you know what I mean.

Can your skin handle talc? Because if it can, Kett Sett. I know I push it on here constantly, but it's because it's that good. It's translucent, and really lightweight, but somehow manages to make your skin look flawless.

http://kettcosmetics.com/product_info.p ... c770592ca7

twitter @jessilikewhoa

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:25 am 
Naked Under Apron

I second the Kett Sett.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:44 am 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

Thanks, guys! I will definitely try that one.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:12 pm 

Okay so, i'm reading the ingredients on the Milani website because next week is going to be a good week for me to buy makeup at CVS (25% off coupon, $6 off of $30 beauty products), and they have two powders: one has beeswax and one has carmine. What? Why?

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:26 pm 
Calls "cavemen" on that

So hey guys, what's the deal with sephora brand stuff? Do they test on animals, or the china thing? They have quite a few vegan products that are great and priced well.

I really like their liquid eyeliner...but I really need to buy some but don't wanna if they are a naughty company.

I also desperately need a primer. One that is not shiny, and I think too faced is kind of luminous, based on reviews. I'll give sephoras a try if they are cruelty free.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:01 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Sephora has stores in China, unfortunately, so any of their store brand stuff isn't cruelty free. Black Radiance (owned by Markwins who own Wet n Wild), NYX, and Sonia Kashuk (sold at Target) all have mattifying primers, though I can't promise they're vegan. I haven't tried the NYX, but both the Black Radiance and the Sonia Kashuk looked ok to me when I read the ingredients, so I've tried them. The Black Radiance is ok, but my skin is oily as all get out, and it wasn't quite mattifying enough. I'm using the Sonia Kashuk right now and it's awesome. It separates when I rub it in my hands before applying, but smooths back out on my face, which is weird, but whatevs. Like I said though, I never checked with the companies, just made a judgement call on what looked ok and worked for me, so you might want to email them before you buy.

And if you aren't worried about mattifying, and just don't want any shimmer, the Too Faced Primed and Poreless should be fine, it's shimmer free.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:54 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

stupid macy's put the better lash system where better than sex goes. i bought it not realizing it till i got home....will take it back tomorrow.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:40 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Does anyone know if all Manic Panic make up is vegan? Interested in some lippies.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:58 am 

The Manic Panic Collection is all vegan, the regular line isn't. They don't have ingredients online so it's hard to tell unless you can look at the stuff in a store.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:43 am 
Naked Under Apron

I emailed them about their eye shadows and they sent me a list of which colors were vegan, so you can always try that.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:59 am 
Calls "cavemen" on that

jessilikewhoa wrote:
Sephora has stores in China, unfortunately, so any of their store brand stuff isn't cruelty free. Black Radiance (owned by Markwins who own Wet n Wild), NYX, and Sonia Kashuk (sold at Target) all have mattifying primers, though I can't promise they're vegan. I haven't tried the NYX, but both the Black Radiance and the Sonia Kashuk looked ok to me when I read the ingredients, so I've tried them. The Black Radiance is ok, but my skin is oily as all get out, and it wasn't quite mattifying enough. I'm using the Sonia Kashuk right now and it's awesome. It separates when I rub it in my hands before applying, but smooths back out on my face, which is weird, but whatevs. Like I said though, I never checked with the companies, just made a judgement call on what looked ok and worked for me, so you might want to email them before you buy.

And if you aren't worried about mattifying, and just don't want any shimmer, the Too Faced Primed and Poreless should be fine, it's shimmer free.

Thanks! I suspected as much about sephora brand. Bummer. Maybe they will stop selling in china. Maybe everyone will! Yeah right.

I think I'll check out the two faced. I like a lot of their stuff.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:38 am 
Naked Under Apron

Dammit I already lost the Manic Panic eyeliner I got through Vegan Cuts. I'm tempted to replace it since I tossed what was ltof my similar UD one because it was all crumbly and gross. I see a possible trip to Manic Panic in my future.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:57 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Gotcha, thanks MBM.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:48 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I just saw on facebook that Alba Botanica came out with a CC Cream. Has anybody tried it?

twitter @jessilikewhoa

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:59 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

stupid sephora - those X polishes like way cool

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:19 pm 

I got a bunch of free makeup today! CVS had an Extrabucks deal on some vitamins that had a crapload of coupons, and they don't have gelatin so I got them and with some other CVS coupons that gave me like, $10 in overage. I spent a total of $9 and got $12 back in Extrabucks, my receipt says I saved $69.98 (the vitamins were originally $18 a bottle). *flex*

Anyway, I got the one Milani blush I know is vegan, a bottle of ORLY Won't Chip because all of my topcoats are quick dry, I found a Physician's Formula powder that has a puff instead of a brush, the purple WnW mascara you guys like, and two Megalasts. I think I have all of the Megalasts now except for that Barbie pink and the Vamp It Up one that i've never seen in stores. The WnW and PF stuff was all 40% off and then I got 25% off on the other two and $5 off of $30 beauty products.

The best part is that this doesn't violate my 'put $10 in a jar for every week I don't buy makeup' because it technically didn't cost me anything.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:56 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

my face is a forking mess you guys from all this stress. i have picked myself raw. is there anything you recommend that well help me heal & conceal?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:52 am 

:( You mean your face is just red or there are open wounds?

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 2394 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 96  Next