| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2901 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 117  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hey look! A general makeup thread!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:28 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

zomg, exclamation! i had forgotten all about it, but i LOVED that stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:58 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I wore Exclamation in 7th grade, Elizabeth Arden Sunflowers in 8th grade, and CK One freshman through I think junior or senior year when I switched to Tommy Girl. Because somehow, even though I prided myself on being all punk rock and underground, I wanted to smell like everybody else.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:00 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Oh man, Sunflowers. I wore that stuff all through middle school.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:32 pm 
Naked Under Apron

Do you guys remember Tribe? That was my favorite middle school era perfume. Love's Baby Soft was another, but even more than the original were these other scents they put out (pretty sure it was that company) in tall cylindrical bottles- one was blue and had something to do with rain, and the other was lemon. LOVED them.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:35 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Tribe looks familiar, like maybe I saw ads for it in Sassy. And I wore Love's Baby Soft for a year in my early twenties while on a nostalgia kick.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:37 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I was Cool Water all the way, lol! I did like CK One though, and I sometimes sneaked some of my mom's CK Obsession.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:09 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I remember Tribe! Our mall got a Garden Botanika sometime around junior high and then I was all about their Heart perfume (blech). Then Body Shop white musk. Then those GapBody perfumes - everyone liked Heaven the best, so I wore Earth because I was sooo edgy. With my Gap perfume.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:17 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I can't remember what my high school perfume was, I had two and they were both in blue bottles. I know I bought one off of ebay after they discontinued it. And now I wear perfume so little that I still have pregan perfume after uh, seven years? Six? I'm currently blanking on how long i've been vegan. But anyway, that shiitake is old. I've bought two perfume oil blends and that's it. Everything makes me sneeze now so I rarely think about dousing myself in auto-sneeze products.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:20 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

just reading about all these scents is giving me a memory-headache!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:23 pm 

Now i'm trying to think about how I possibly swindled my mom into buying me any perfume because she was such a tightwad. It must've been a box set at Christmas that she got from Walmart on Black Friday. Mostly I just wore whatever sample I could find in a magazine.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:55 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I remember Loves Baby Soft! I liked the lemon one best.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:27 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Pinko wrote:
I remember Tribe! Our mall got a Garden Botanika sometime around junior high and then I was all about their Heart perfume (blech). Then Body Shop white musk. Then those GapBody perfumes - everyone liked Heaven the best, so I wore Earth because I was sooo edgy. With my Gap perfume.

HA! This reminded me of my friend who always wore Gap Dream. She had a bottle in her purse at the grocery store, and it dropped when we were in the checkout and she says, "My dream has shattered!" We cracked up SO hard. I wanted to like Grass (and be edgy; I know just what you mean), but I liked Dream. I don't think I ever actually had it though.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:50 pm 
WELFARIST!

My middle school and high school scents were Juice Bar perfumes (body spray?) and some mood perfume that might have been from Delia's or Alloy.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:06 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

blondiefk wrote:
I remember Loves Baby Soft! I liked the lemon one best.

I totally wore Loves Baby Soft!

Exclamation reminds me of my mom, because that's what she used to wear and I would always get her an Exclamation gift set for Christmas.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:51 am 
Chip Strong

So I was a teenager in the late 90s, so got to experience being a pre-teen and feeling left out of/just slightly "too young" for a lot of this stuff, but all of your perfume memories made me think of this genius buzzfeed thing: Things only 90s teenage girls can understand.
(Not entirely makeup related, but nearly all of the perfumes mentioned were in there, so you know...)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:00 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

gunk wrote:
(Not entirely makeup related, but nearly all of the perfumes mentioned were in there, so you know...)

So awesome!

Anyone remember that WnW only had glitter polish back in the day? I never saw glitter polish besides WnW. I remember when Hard Candy & UD came out with polish - my friend and I would try on the polish - being to broke/poor to be able to buy any at Macy's.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:09 am 

I remember that WnW had the only 'weird' colors you could get - meaning blue and black and green. Revlon and all the others were still sticking to pinks and reds. And then I bought a shimmery white and mixed polishes together to get gunmetal and stuff like that. I spent a lot of time in in-house detention painting my nails.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:12 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Wet N Wild was my first black nail polish. And I remember Hard Candy had rings around the bottle top but people would steal them.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:42 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

i believe HC polishes (via walmart) still have the rings!

WnW was my makeup choice - dark lipsticks, black eyeliner (both for lips & eyes) and glittery crepe...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:37 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I had a black WnW lipstick that I wore a lot in Grade 11 (so edgy!) and one day I was out in the summer time and my purse became so hot that the lipstick melted and it was all over EVERYTHING. What a mess!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:44 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

speaking of messes...i bought a herbal salve on saturday at a craft show....placed in my betsey johnson purse - it leaked and got on a lot of my stuff.....it still seems to be seeping. what should i do? the purse is a syth leather with cotton lining.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:56 pm 

If you can invert the lining at all, you can pull it out through the opening and then hand wash it. That's one of the reasons I prefer washable purses - when stuff spills, the whole thing goes in the wash.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:13 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

i usually use a makeup pouch but i downsized to a quilted shoulder bag in june. i really love the bag....i will just make sure i do not place anything leaky in it again. i think it will always smell herbal now. it will be my 'medicine bag' now! :P

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:55 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

So did everyone see the news about Stila? They changed their cruelty free statement on their packaging, and confirmed that their new stance is that they don't test on animals except where required by law. I assume everyone saw that, but just in case figured I'd share.

Also, I was on a vegan beauty blog I never heard of earlier (Painted in Black was the name), and they had a review of Too Faced's Size Queen mascara, and said it's vegan. I didn't see anything blatantly non-vegan in the ingredient list, a few things that could go either way, like stearic acid, but yeah. It isn't labelled as vegan, but neither is the Better Than Sex and someone (I'm a dick and forgot who it was) on here emailed and it was confirmed to be ok. So does anyone have info on the Size Queen mascara? Should I email Too Faced?

And while I'm asking, does anyone know what the latest is on Dermalogica? I know they got dropped by Leaping Bunny for selling in China, but then Peta said they pulled out of China because the animal testing policy, and I see them on My Beauty Bunny, but they never got reinstated by Leaping Bunny. So can I go back to buying my favorite eye cream with a clean conscience? Does anyone have some concrete info for me?

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:28 pm 

I would email them, there's a girl I follow on youtube who is vegan and sometimes she says things are vegan that blatantly have beeswax in them, or she'll say Tarte stuff is vegan that we, here on the boards, have been told isn't vegan because she just looks at the label and not at their vegan list or actually contacts companies. Until i've gotten a good feel for someone's level of vegan/cruelty-freeness, I don't take them at their word without double checking.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2901 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 117  Next