| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2898 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 116  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hey look! A general makeup thread!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:49 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

That was my thought too, I was just hoping someone else already knew.

I tried to email Sonia Kashuk earlier with an ingredient question, and first I couldn't find a contact option on their website, then once I tracked it down via google the email bounced back cause their inbox was full. People are frustrating and bad at things.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:43 pm 
Ninja Master

Oh no not stila too. i lovvvve stila. sadness.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:56 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Target started putting out the ELF gift sets, most of them are the geometric palettes and some are in different colors than on the site. I was really hoping they'd put out the prism palettes as holiday sets, then they would have a chance at ending up at TJ Maxx as well.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:12 pm 

CVS sent me a $6 off of $30 beauty coupon and Milani products are on an Extrabucks deal this week. *twitch*

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:55 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

Just got an email that Pacifica is having a site-wide 20% off sale! I'm going to get the Island Vanilla Holiday Wanderlust collection (body butter, shower gel, and roll-on to go with my perfume spray I got from Ulta on sale!) and I'm intrigued by the new Coconut Kiss Creamy Lip Butters. Has anyone tried them? Since I hoard vegan lip balm, I'll probably pick one up, not sure what color to choose yet though.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:14 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Heard back from Too Faced

Quote:
Good afternoon Jessi,

Thank you for your message. The Better Than Sex mascara is vegan-friendly, and the Size Queen mascara is not. I hope this information is helpful.

So yeah, random vegan beauty blog I stumbled on via google was wrong, but Better Than Sex is still ok.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:55 pm 

LOOK AT WHAT I FOUND AT TARGET. LOOK.

So excited, and i'm glad it was the set with the BB cream in it so I can try it out. Whenever I go to Target, I always walk down the 'natural' aisle for this reason. They also had a Yes To Set for 50% off, but I passed on that. 'Tis the season to make room for all of the holiday sets!

Also I caved and went to CVS and blew through my stash of Extrabucks, so now I only have the $7 from the Milani so I guess my streak of free/almost free makeup is over.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:29 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

cool score!

target started carrying nyx. i wish i knew of a few vegan products to check out/buy.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:14 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I got that set at Target recently, too!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:52 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I'd love to hear what you think about the Pacifica BB cream. I'm going to need to buy some in the next month or so, and that's more my budget right now. I'd have to order online though as there's no easily accessible target for me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:11 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Neither Target near me has Pacifica or a natural section. Do you mean a natural makeup section or like a health food store type deal?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:14 pm 

Natural beauty section, it's also where they keep the Yes To, Dr. Bronners, Alba Botanicals, and so on.

Nicole, the BB cream is, of course, for tan people. It sheers out okay but it's very luminous and definitely for summer. If I actually get past a whiter shade of pale next summer.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:17 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Oh yeah we don't have that at the two near me.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:36 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

i saw this line being said to be vegan:
http://www.catemcnabbcosmetics.com

but already have come across silk powder in products. :/

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:13 pm 
Ninja Master

missmuffcake wrote:
i saw this line being said to be vegan:
http://www.catemcnabbcosmetics.com

but already have come across silk powder in products. :/

Im sure this is the one bake and destroy just posted about on FB. She said 'tonnes of vegan options', so I guess not a fully vegan line.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:34 pm 

Even being fairly ignorant about animal ingredients I see shellac in the mascara (?!), silk powder the in the blushes, and beeswax in all of the lip products and the eye and brow pencils. The rest of the loose powdered stuff appears to be vegan, but loose mineral makeup that's kind of expensive isn't something for me to get super excited about.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:08 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Even being fairly ignorant about animal ingredients I see shellac in the mascara (?!), silk powder the in the blushes, and beeswax in all of the lip products and the eye and brow pencils. The rest of the loose powdered stuff appears to be vegan, but loose mineral makeup that's kind of expensive isn't something for me to get super excited about.

ya, i thought a vegan-shout out would have more option. loose eye shadows are kinda the vegan beauty standard. ho-hum...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:56 pm 
Calls "cavemen" on that

mrsbadmouth wrote:
LOOK AT WHAT I FOUND AT TARGET. LOOK.

So excited, and i'm glad it was the set with the BB cream in it so I can try it out. Whenever I go to Target, I always walk down the 'natural' aisle for this reason. They also had a Yes To Set for 50% off, but I passed on that. 'Tis the season to make room for all of the holiday sets!

Also I caved and went to CVS and blew through my stash of Extrabucks, so now I only have the $7 from the Milani so I guess my streak of free/almost free makeup is over.

I have that tinted Pacifica lip balm, and I looooooove it.

Also, there is an Utla very close to where I live?!?!? I didn't even know. Ulta is so much better than sephora. They have discount sections. And coupons! I got way too much stuff there, for only $44. 5 nail polishes (good brands too! CG and Zoya) Tarte eyeliner, and some brow stuff. Would have cost like $75 at Sephora.

There is also a Japanese dollar store next door. They had KleanColor polish there (which is vegan) for $1.50 each.

I bought way too much polish last week. Like 15 bottles. And my striping tape and nail 'studs' came in the mail too. I should post a picture in the other thread about nail polish. I have a bit of a problem with it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:11 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

another reason why i hate Krap-Von-D....

http://www.thegloss.com/2013/11/07/beau ... -lipstick/

anyone see this?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:07 am 
Ninja Master

missmuffcake wrote:
another reason why i hate Krap-Von-D....

http://www.thegloss.com/2013/11/07/beau ... -lipstick/

anyone see this?

ugh!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:20 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

i will look down on a company that uses stupid names....like there is a vegan company that has a blush called 'home wrecker' i will not buy from that company. I do not find the term 'home wrecker' cute or something to promote.

Went to Target - the Paciifica kit was only marked down to $11...I wanted it cheaper!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:09 pm 

It's worth the $11! The blue shadow is pretty, not super pigmented though so it definitely needs a white base, but the brown is really pigmented and i'm in love with the lip balm.

MMC, are you talking about the P&P highlighter? I believe that's a specific reference to Batman Returns. But I know what you mean in general, there's a company called Bitchslap and (in addition to having a website right out of the 90's) they use a lot of cusswords for product names to be 'edgy'. All of their blushes are called 'bisque Blush'. Then they have a glitter called 'Dirty Dick bisque'. Oooooooookay.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:20 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Then they have a glitter called 'Dirty Dick bisque'. Oooooooookay.

Most of the time I don't really care about product names, but... ew.

I used the All Natural Face cream blush that came in my Vegan Cuts beauty box last month for the first time today - I really like it! I might have to pick up a few more. Getting another tube of the Manic Panic mascara in the box also motivated me to finally crack open the tube I had lying around to try, and I really like that too. Non-clumpy, good length, no flakes, easy to remove. My only complaint is that it doesn't seem to hold a curl very well.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:23 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

mrsbadmouth wrote:
It's worth the $11! The blue shadow is pretty, not super pigmented though so it definitely needs a white base, but the brown is really pigmented and i'm in love with the lip balm.

MMC, are you talking about the P&P highlighter? I believe that's a specific reference to Batman Returns. But I know what you mean in general, there's a company called Bitchslap and (in addition to having a website right out of the 90's) they use a lot of cusswords for product names to be 'edgy'. All of their blushes are called 'bisque Blush'. Then they have a glitter called 'Dirty Dick bisque'. Oooooooookay.

I am not really into blue shadow...I just wanted to try the brown & bb cream.

Yes, it was P&P, I am not sure what the reference was too but none the less I find it tacky. I think naming products is a key to people buying them...I hate people trying to be 'edgy' with foul words and stupid crepe...My inner 90 year old comes out...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:43 pm 

The All Natural Face has their own beauty box. It's $15 a month and from the reviews i've seen, it's themed very well to the time of year, like when summer started they had their sunscreen in there and stuff like that. They have a lot of miss items, but the stuff that i've liked and that i've seen other people majorly like are the cream blushes, Divastix and lipglosses. They also make my favorite bronzer because it's the lightest shade i've ever found. I know a lot of people are into their face food cleansers, but they tell you in the description that, for example, the strawberries and cream one is just dried strawberries and coconut milk, so for the price they charge I think that's something i'd just make myself.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2898 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 116  Next