| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 97  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hey look! A general makeup thread!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:21 pm 
WRETCHED

I ordere some everyday mineral samples!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:11 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

A cheapie eyeshadow primer that works??? So trying the Fergie primer. I'm using the one from Too Faced right now and it's meh. My liquid eyeliner creases a bit with it.

What is everyone's go-to for lipstick? I'm almost out of my beloved discontinued Gash Urban Decay lipstick and I need to find a similar shade... dark berry red. (or spend 34 dollars for it on amazon :x) Any recommendations?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:20 pm 
Naked Under Apron

I didn't like the Fergie primer. My eyeshadow faded faster than usual with it. I'm an anomaly. Maybe I used it wrong.

Jaine, try googling 'urban decay Gash dupe' and seeing if any of the results are vegan. That's how I found a Ruby Woo lookalike that is vegan (and cheap!).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:10 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

My go-to lipsticks are Too Faced La Creme and Wet n Wild Megalast, usually. Divine Wine in the former and Sugar Plum Fairy in the latter might be similar, it's hard to tell from just swatches. I'm looking for a dark vampy red right now myself. I acquired the OCC lip tar in Vintage, and the color is amazing, but I still find them incredibly drying so the search continues.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:49 am 
Ninja Master

blondiefk wrote:
I didn't like the Fergie primer. My eyeshadow faded faster than usual with it. I'm an anomaly. Maybe I used it wrong.

Jaine, try googling 'urban decay Gash dupe' and seeing if any of the results are vegan. That's how I found a Ruby Woo lookalike that is vegan (and cheap!).

Ooh I love ruby woo, where's your cheapalike from?

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:43 am 
Naked Under Apron

It's not perfect but it's close. I bought it when I thought I lost my Ruby Woo which I later found so I tried them side by side. It's sheerer. But it's less drying. I put an undercoat of a UD lipstain and I thought it looked the same. It's WnW 911D stoplight red.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:04 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

So I want to start contouring with a cream product, and I'm trying to choose between the Cover FX Total Cover Cream Foundation (listed as vegan on Melisser's site), and the Too Faced Air-Buffed BB Cream.

Cover FX obviously has waaaaay more colors, but is a few $$$ more expensive.

Has anyone used either product and had likes or dislikes you could share? Thanks!

twitter @jessilikewhoa

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:21 am 
Naked Under Apron

I have Cover FX foundation and the Too Faced BB cream. The Cover FX provides more coverage. I guess it depends on what is you want.

Does anyone use a color corrector? I want less pink. I have the green ELF primer but it doesn't seem to do anything. I was thinking of trying the Everyday Minerals color corrector.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:39 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Jessi, I haven't used either of those but I do have the ELF cream blush/bronzer duo and the ELF bronzing studio color stick thingie (I don't remember the exact name, they sent it to me in a mystery bag). Those are both not really good for contouring on my pale skin though, and I think you said you're super pale too so I would suggest this: http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/product ... e_up/blush

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:56 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

I use the ELF bronzer quad to contour. I have light olive skin and I like how the shimmer makes my skin look dewy.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:41 pm 
Naked Under Apron

MBM, you should start getting commission on makeup. That face contour stuff looks perfect.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:03 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

blondiefk wrote:
MBM, you should start getting commission on makeup. That face contour stuff looks perfect.

Yeah, really. That looks like an awesome alternative to the much-hyped NYX Taupe blush.

I've used the Everyday Minerals mint corrector - I like it, it works pretty well.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:21 pm 

I agree, every company should start sending me free shiitake because I am a walking talking billboard.

I haven't actually used the product I linked, but I have the powder version so I can tell you that as scary as it might look, if you are fair and cool toned it's the perfect color for contouring.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:53 pm 
Naked Under Apron

Well I ordered it, and some Everyday Minerals color corrector AND the brush MBM recommended in the loose/pressed powder thread. And Kett Sett powder. I need to stay away from online shopping when I'm hypomanic.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:28 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

It does look scary, I'm so used to contouring with warm stuff, even though I probably look like I had a roll in the hay with an oompa loompa, but I'm intrigued because everyone raves about that NYX taupe blush.

I might play around with the Too Faced stuff at Ulta too though, just cause I like to try stuff in person first. Does Ulta have Cover FX? The nearest full sized Sephora (as opposed to the mini JC Penney Sephoras) is a hike.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:29 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

And Kett Sett is seriously mind blowing, it made my skin look perfect, I just wish it hadn't broken me out. Adult acne is no fun.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:46 am 

As part of my 'use up the mostly empty tubes' project, I slapped on some super old Body Shop face primer and holy shiitake, my face revolted. That was almost two weeks ago and I still haven't recovered all the way. My acne is pretty under control so it was super obvious that one thing made my skin very, very angry.

Obviously i'm just going to toss that tube.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:34 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I'm in the same position, where my skin is under control and I know what works for me, so if I break out I can always pinpoint what caused it, it just sucks when it's something I just bought. I really wish more brands offered samples because of shiitake like that.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:38 pm 

It's a good week for vegans at CVS, I tried to google for a vegan Milani list but got nothing, can someone help me out?

http://thekrazycouponlady.com/2013/08/2 ... re-at-cvs/

I also have a 25% off my whole order coupon and at least $10 in EBs in my wallet, fork yeeeeeeeeeeeeeah!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:03 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I don't think a vegan Milani list exists. I just read the ingredients and go with what looks vegan.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:14 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

So my ELF stuff finally arrived. Not going to be able to try it until tomorrow though. I got the concealer and highlighter pen, the coral blush and the mineral booster. The blush looks soooo light in colour so not sure if I will like it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:28 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I love that coral blush! It has the perfect amount of shimmer without it looking over done. More of a bronzer kind of color and just gives you a warm glow.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:51 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I only got to briefly get a glimpse of myself in the mirror today and I actually liked it on me!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:57 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

My skin gets oily and I need a relatively light foundation that isn't going to look like a makeup slick on my face at the end of the day. I want it to stay looking matte. Does such a product exist?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:44 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

ashley wrote:
My skin gets oily and I need a relatively light foundation that isn't going to look like a makeup slick on my face at the end of the day. I want it to stay looking matte. Does such a product exist?

I haven't found one yet. :(

For the record, I have SUPER oily skin. Unbelievably oily. The best results I've had are with mineral makeup (liquid foundation just slides off of my face), but even then, my foundation looks good for 2 hours and then I'm an oil slick.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 2402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 97  Next