| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2936 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 118  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hey look! A general makeup thread!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:52 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

acr wrote:
ooooh, let us know how it holds up! i've been eyeing some of their yellow-based reds for a while, but i couldn't find anyone who'd bought from them before.

Will do! I know what you mean, I held off ordering for a while because swatches and reviews are really difficult to find. But after my disappointing experience with the Vintage lip tar, I was just like... fork it. Let's do this. Hopefully it's nice!

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:03 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Are there matte, neutral vegan eyeshadows? I can't go to work with sparkly blue eyes.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:49 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Pressed or loose? Price point?

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:56 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Pressed or loose? Price point?

Either...Since I only buy one or two colors because I'm boring, I will spend more but I would rather not because I have zines and video games to buy.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:01 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Vantine wrote:
Are there matte, neutral vegan eyeshadows? I can't go to work with sparkly blue eyes.

I have the e.l.f. neutral eye palette. I bought it on amazon for under $20 and I think there are 12 shades? A few are shimmery creams or browns but there are matte ones too (I'll double check when I get home tonight).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:18 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I feel like some of the Zuzu Luxe shadows are matte, and most of their shades are neutral, I was just at Whole Foods looking at them, but only bought frosted pastels because I'm having a lot of 90's revival feelings. But I would check them out as a possibility.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:20 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Oh! And the Too Faced Matte palette is vegan, and mostly neutrals.
https://www.toofaced.com/p-514-matte-ey ... ction.aspx?

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:26 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I really want the blue lipstick from The Elixery but it's out of stock I guess.

I went to Sephora yesterday and I'm now at their highest level rewards club. I guess I can get free lessons whenever I want? I ended up forgetting what I went for in the first place, which was one of the Too Faced bronzers.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:28 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

jessilikewhoa wrote:
https://www.toofaced.com/p-514-matte-ey ... ction.aspx?

That was my first thought.

Amandabear, love to hear what tarte says. I like the blush/bronzer combo. A little of that blush goes a long way though!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:33 pm 

Yeah honestly if you just want a couple, I would go for quality over quantity. The Too Faced Palette is good and you can get that at Ulta or Sephora. The ELF loose mineral eyeshadows are all glittery as hell, the pressed ones have some matte shades but I haven't seen the mineral line in stores except for those back to school kits. I was going to suggest Everyday Minerals but it looks like they're phasing out mattes because they only have one shade in that section.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:36 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

jessilikewhoa wrote:

I have the Too Faced matte palette, it's really nice. I'd prefer an entirely neutral palette for my own use, but it's a good mix of colors and nothing is too bright. I know a couple of indie lines have matte loose shadows - Darling Girl is coming to mind (http://www.darlinggirlcosmetics.com/cat ... /Matte.htm), though I don't have anything from them personally.

ndpittman wrote:
Amandabear, love to hear what tarte says. I like the blush/bronzer combo. A little of that blush goes a long way though!

Ndpittman, I emailed Tarte yesterday, so I'll report back! I was thinking about getting that duo, but the holiday palette has both of those shades plus three others, so if it's vegan I'd rather get that. I suspect it is, since the ingredients look the same as the blush/bronzer duo.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:58 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I wrote to a company called Ka'oir to ask about their lipstick ingredients because they have a nice blue. The answer I got wasn't promising (I only asked about ingredients since the site says they don't test.)

Quote:
Hi,

Thank you for your interest in KAOIR. What particular ingredients are you looking for, please?

I asked for an ingredients list for two colors.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:15 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Blondiefk, I think Morgana Cryptoria has a few blue lipsticks. There's also this one, though I don't know if it's vegan or not: https://thelipbar.com/store/blue-muthaf-cka.html

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:18 am 

I'd like to know if this set is vegan; not that I need it.

http://tartecosmetics.com/tarte-item-brushed-by-beauty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:23 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

So I got a response from Tarte about the blush palette, but it's confusing. They say it's not vegan because some of the products contain carmine, lanolin, beeswax, or honey, but the ingredients on the Sephora site don't list any of those things. So I emailed them back to clarify whether the ingredients are incorrect or what. Updates as events warrant.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:25 am 

amandabear wrote:
So I got a response from Tarte about the blush palette, but it's confusing. They say it's not vegan because some of the products contain carmine, lanolin, beeswax, or honey, but the ingredients on the Sephora site don't list any of those things. So I emailed them back to clarify whether the ingredients are incorrect or what. Updates as events warrant.

I got an email from them like that about the non-matte bronzer (that was on the vegan list and then not). I never heard back from them, so I hope you do, but I'm not holding my breath either.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:36 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

ndpittman wrote:
amandabear wrote:

I got an email from them like that about the non-matte bronzer (that was on the vegan list and then not). I never heard back from them, so I hope you do, but I'm not holding my breath either.

Tarte is really starting to peas me off. I mean, I get wanting to cover your asparagus, but if you're just going to respond to the emails that you should expect to get as a company that markets itself as "natural" and cruelty-free by saying that everything isn't vegan because it "may contain" whatever instead of actually making a declarative statement, then don't mark anything as vegan. DO OR DO NOT, TARTE, THERE IS NO TRY.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:46 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

amandabear wrote:
Blondiefk, I think Morgana Cryptoria has a few blue lipsticks. There's also this one, though I don't know if it's vegan or not: https://thelipbar.com/store/blue-muthaf-cka.html

Thanks. This is the one I'm interested in http://kaoir.com/kaoirdoll.php#.UjHTPD_XDMo I got an answer that it says "may contain carmine"-all the lipsticks have that label apparently which really isn't helpful. They said there isn't beeswax but won't send me a complete list of ingredients so that's that.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:04 am 

Okay, when ELF announced free shipping for over $35 people wondered if this meant an end to their regular sales - two days, 50% off of Studio (aka the good stuff). So there you go. I will look and sigh deeply.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:09 am 

Oh, and they came out wtih a neutral version of the prism palette (named 'naked' of course):

http://www.eyeslipsface.com/studio/eyes ... _eyeshadow

But for whatever reason I haven't seen anyone review these yet so I don't know how the shadows perform.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:17 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Okay, when ELF announced free shipping for over $35 people wondered if this meant an end to their regular sales - two days, 50% off of Studio (aka the good stuff). So there you go. I will look and sigh deeply.

That is too tempting. The problem is that $35 worth of ELF after the 50% off code is a shitload of makeup. Do I want THAT MUCH more makeup? Hmm.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:36 am 

Sometimes when I am on the fence about this stuff I try to fill up my cart and see if I can hit the amount I need without adding filler items.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:55 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Yeah, I can't. I put in everything I wanted and I was at $25 after the discount. Would that their shipping threshold were lower.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:09 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

got the Yes To Grapefruit CC today. smells a bit funky on application but the "after smell" once it's on for a few minutes is nice. i like the not-super-heavy coverage (it's not a pore filler, about damn time!!). thanks for the tip, MBM!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:26 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

blondiefk, I just ordered a few lipsticks from Morgana's Cryptoria last night, and they had a couple different blues. I ordered the one that was $7 in the clearance section, just because I have no idea realistically how often I'll wear blue lipstick.

There's also OCC Lip Tar in RX.

And Shiro Intertubes in Robe and Wizard hat is blue http://www.shirocosmetics.com/item_118/ ... rd-Hat.htm

twitter @jessilikewhoa

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2936 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 118  Next