| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2808 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 113  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hey look! A general makeup thread!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:28 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I made it to $23. I probably could get it to $30 if I added a few mineral/essential items I wanted buuuuuuuuuut it looks like i'll be waiting until Christmas/Black Friday for my next purchase because by then I probably will need things like foundation, the mineral mist and set, etc. instead of just 'LET'S TRY THIS COLOR'.

P.S. If anyone does order and can almost hit $35 and needs to fill out their cart, I recommend trying to pile up on the makeup remover cloths (they will sell out fast for this reason) because $1.50 is a steal and as long as they're not opened, they will stay moist for a long time.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:32 pm 

torque wrote:
got the Yes To Grapefruit CC today. smells a bit funky on application but the "after smell" once it's on for a few minutes is nice. i like the not-super-heavy coverage (it's not a pore filler, about damn time!!). thanks for the tip, MBM!

Yay! My one complaint about Yes To products is the smell, they try to make whatever them all smell like the fruit/vegetable. That and they put honey/beeswax in some of their stuff (i'm not sure what because I just look at the products as I buy). The Yes To Tomatoes acne gel smells AWFUL.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:43 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I forgot before, Lunatick Cosmetic Labs have a dark and a light blue in their Apocalipstick line
http://www.lunaticklabs.com/Apocalipsticks_c_14.html

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:43 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I managed to get my cart high enough to do the ELF sale. I bought three palettes and a bunch of makeup remover wipes though so that really added up, plus some brushes and a few items I'd been meaning to go pick up at the store.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:46 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Jess, I ordered the two blue lipsticks on sale at Morgana's crypt. I really liked the $7 one and figured I'd try the $3 one too. I'm not sure how often I'll wear it (either one) but I really want some.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:00 pm 

So I really had no intention on buying that cart either way, but then Brian came home and told me that the fridge in our rental house broke so when I say that i'm not buying makeup for the next month, I am really not buying makeup. Or anything else. But really, no makeup.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:21 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

blondiefk, that was my thinking exactly, I was placing an order for grey lipstick, which I will wear, and threw the $7 blue and the $3 green in my car just for the hell of it.

MBM, that sucks. Hopefully you guys find a sweet appliance sale.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:26 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

amandabear wrote:
So I got a response from Tarte about the blush palette, but it's confusing. They say it's not vegan because some of the products contain carmine, lanolin, beeswax, or honey, but the ingredients on the Sephora site don't list any of those things. So I emailed them back to clarify whether the ingredients are incorrect or what. Updates as events warrant.

Well, they emailed me back but they still didn't actually answer my question. I asked about the fact that the ingredients listed for the holiday set don't contain any of the ingredients they cited as the reason for it being non-vegan, and if the ingredients are incorrect, are they also incorrect for the blush/bronzer duo since the ingredients are pretty much the same. Their response was:

"We do apologize for the confusion, the dollface blush in the duo on our vegan page is a different dollface from a previous manufacturer therefore it is not a vegan product in the new holiday collection! We hope that this clears up the confusion. Thank you!"

So the blush/bronzer duo is vegan, but the new holiday palette that has basically the same ingredients isn't, because one of more of the products contain carmine, lanolin, beeswax, or honey, even though none of those things are listed in the ingredients. OKAY THEN. This is extra annoying because it's making me wonder if I can actually trust what they put on the forking package or list online.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:50 pm 

A very in-depth how to put on lip tars video:

That Too Faced lip primer is vegan, I don't know if i've ever seen a clear lip pencil though.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:10 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Doesn't ELF have a clear lip pencil? The lip lock pencil, I think they call it. I've almost bought it about 3 times at Target.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:55 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

ELF have one, Too Faced have one and it's marked as vegan friendly, and Urban Decay at least had one, I bought it before they got sold to L'Oreal.

I didn't know Too Faced had a vegan lip primer though, I've been wanting a lip primer that that's good news.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:57 am 

ELF has a lip plumper/primer duo but the primer is concealer colored so it will lighten your lipstick. Like with all of their duo products, I really like one side (the plumper) and you can't buy them individually.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:35 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I've seen that before, but hesitated to buy it, because I also dislike most duos, since even if I like both products I still inevitably run out of one way before the other.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:42 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Too bad she says the Too Faced lip primer is drying.

I use the lip lock pencil pretty much like she did. My bog lipstick problem has always been fading in the middle though, not feathering.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:23 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Okay, when ELF announced free shipping for over $35 people wondered if this meant an end to their regular sales - two days, 50% off of Studio (aka the good stuff). So there you go. I will look and sigh deeply.

I'm really excited about this and I am so glad you posted it because I ran out of the urban decay eye shadow palette i've been using for 3 years (pre-nonveganizing of ud) AND concealer AND I accidentally dropped my small angled brush (most-used brush by FAR) in the toilet and had to throw it away (duh) so with that and other bits and bobs it's totally worth it for me to add up to 35.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:10 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

blondie, the reviews I saw of the TF lip primer on their site said to use a little bit of balm before you put it on and that helps with the drying.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:44 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I wore pregan tinted lip balm to a vegan meetup today. I was afraid someone would say "your lip color is so lovely, I MUST know what you're wearing!" and I'd be outed as a newbie. Does anyone else worry about things like that?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:18 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Rebekah wrote:
I wore pregan tinted lip balm to a vegan meetup today. I was afraid someone would say "your lip color is so lovely, I MUST know what you're wearing!" and I'd be outed as a newbie. Does anyone else worry about things like that?

That happens to me all the time! I have pregan makeup that I still wear, and my fall coat is pregan and is wool and I always worry about whether I can wear it a vegan gathering. I've had it for about 8 years.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:48 pm 

lobsteriffic wrote:
That happens to me all the time! I have pregan makeup that I still wear, and my fall coat is pregan and is wool and I always worry about whether I can wear it a vegan gathering. I've had it for about 8 years.

Lobsteriffic, I could hug you. Just today I realized that I own four wool garments (that's a fifth of my wardrobe, since I just moved overseas) and don't have a job, so I'll either be wearing wool to vegan groups or staying home.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:52 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

jessilikewhoa wrote:
blondie, the reviews I saw of the TF lip primer on their site said to use a little bit of balm before you put it on and that helps with the drying.

Good to know. I use a lot of lip balm anyway. I bought some today and the Dekadent OCC lip tar. It's not like the other ones-it's a tinted gloss and it's not nearly as drying.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:58 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Rebekah wrote:

I worry about that just in my day to day, like a non-vegan is going to call me out for my ancient Revlon lipstick and tell everyone I'm a hypocrite. But I have really bad social anxiety, so I'm a special case.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:19 pm 

jessilikewhoa wrote:
But I have really bad social anxiety, so I'm a special case.

Ditto. Combine my social worries with my vegan anxieties, and things get... Magical.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:58 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

My Elixery lipstick came today! It's pretty great. I got Dessa, which, as promised, is a red that DOES NOT TURN PINK!! on skin with yellow undertones. I kind of want to order 14 more because that's so rare and it's a limited edition shade. I'm not sure if that'll happen, but I do know I'll be ordering some other colors from The Elixery, because it's just a really nice lipstick. It's on the stiffer/waxier side of the texture scale, so it'll last better than thin/slippery formulas, but it's not particularly drying. Plus it smells nice and the box it comes in is gorgeous. Two thumbs up.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:06 pm 

I sucked it up and went to Walmart to look at the Flower stuff, but I didn't buy any because money. I did pick up a single of WnW Nutty though, because Walgreens and CVS don't have the singles at all and I needed a cheap item to cover some more-than-free stuff I was getting. I felt super dirty the whole time.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:47 am 
Ninja Master

So is this Flower makeup you're all talking about Drew Barrymore's makeup line?? I'm sure I've seen it talked about on youtube or instagram. I follow a lot of makeup people!

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2808 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 113  Next