| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2966 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 119  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hey look! A general makeup thread!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:43 am 
Ninja Master

iHerb sells bdellium brushes too, which are awesome. I don't think all of them are vegan but all of the green and pink bamboo brushes are.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:20 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Are the bdellium brushes cheaper on iherb than on the bdellium website? Because they're soooo pretty, and I hear good things, but I'm so very, very cheap.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:52 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

jessilikewhoa wrote:
Are the bdellium brushes cheaper on iherb than on the bdellium website? Because they're soooo pretty, and I hear good things, but I'm so very, very cheap.

Yes, this. I'm happy with most of my ELF studio brushes and happy with all of my Ecotools/Bare Minerals brushes, but some of the studio ones need to be replaced. The powder brush feels awful when I used it and i'm sure I would be a lot better at bronzer if I had a nicer brush for that.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:43 am 
Who's Ted Leo?

I use my studio brushes in conjunction with eco tools. You can get eco tools with your Ulta coupons too!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:05 pm 

So my intense research on Flower Beauty is that the one product everyone should skip is the eyeshadow quads - it seems like most people skipped trying them, but those that did said they were powdery, some aren't very pigmented, and they don't last worth a damn.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:08 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

The cream shadows crease really easy and aren't very pigmented either. I have one (maybe two? I can't remember) and the only way they work is just a tiny tiny bit dabbed on to add some sparkle over a powder shadow.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:20 pm 
Naked Under Apron

Has anyone tried the Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation? After having tried seemingly every vegan BB cream on the market, I feel like I want to give regular foundation another chance maybe. Something with a little more coverage, that lasts a little longer. (Of course I feel like these names are arbitrary designations and a BB might be better than a foundation).

http://tartecosmetics.com/tarte-item-Am ... foundation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:51 pm 

I haven't tried it, but I know a lot of people like it.

jessilikewhoa wrote:
The cream shadows crease really easy and aren't very pigmented either. I have one (maybe two? I can't remember) and the only way they work is just a tiny tiny bit dabbed on to add some sparkle over a powder shadow.

Yeah, i'm not really interested in those because I have two of the ELF studio shadows that are kind of the same texture, they're really glitterly but they're pretty pigmented and they stay put with primer.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:17 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Those ELF cream shadows are fantastic. I have the gold and the sorta pinkish red, and they stay put so good.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:43 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Amy wrote:
Has anyone tried the Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation? After having tried seemingly every vegan BB cream on the market, I feel like I want to give regular foundation another chance maybe. Something with a little more coverage, that lasts a little longer. (Of course I feel like these names are arbitrary designations and a BB might be better than a foundation).

I think it was their new BB cream I tried last summer when Ulta had those free samples that had all the shades in it so you could "create your custom look"........and I didn't like it at all. But I love their concealer, so who knows about the foundation.

I do love Jane Iredale's BB cream. It's more like a full coverage glowy fioundation than a BB cream. It seems super expensive (like $48 for a tube), but it really and truly lasts forever. It is so concentrated it's crazy how little you need for your whole face. It also has some good ingredients in it, spf 25 (?), no crappy stuff, and their customer service is A++. Highly recommended.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:00 pm 

Okay, i'm bringing this over from the beauty box thread since we were just talking about BWC. I got a lipstick in my box, and wasn't going to open it so I could just give it away, but then I noticed that the WnW Megalast in my desk had a very similar color sticker so i was like, "fork it." It's definitely not brown, and the swatch on my hand looks very rose-gold but when I put it on it was so frosted that it looked almost white. I didn't even get up to get a tissue, I picked up a bag of cotton balls on my desk and wiped it off. Ewwwww. So then I put on the Megalast and layered it on top and it's much better but still.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:07 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I don't understand why companies even make frosty lipsticks anymore. Does anyone like them?

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:45 pm 
Spent a night at the Bates Motel

Amy wrote:

I haven't tried the clay foundation but I'm about to buy my third tube of the BB cream. It's one of the best things that has ever happened to my face. http://www.sephora.com/bb-tinted-treatm ... Id=1486752
It doesn't have the level of coverage that the foundation would have, so I follow up with concealer under my eyes/on any red spots as needed.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:13 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

dakini wrote:
I haven't tried the clay foundation but I'm about to buy my third tube of the BB cream. It's one of the best things that has ever happened to my face. http://www.sephora.com/bb-tinted-treatm ... Id=1486752
It doesn't have the level of coverage that the foundation would have, so I follow up with concealer under my eyes/on any red spots as needed.

Have you tried the Too Faced BB cream? I'm wondering how it compares.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:39 pm 
Naked Under Apron

Thanks for the rec, dakini! I'll pick up some samples from Sephora.

Too Faced annoys me because they basically have two things called BB cream. The Beauty Balm in a tube and the BB Creme (or whatever) that comes with a brush. I really like the tubey one, and my reactive, pain-in-the-ass skin responds really well to it too. But I guess it's not perfect enough for me that I've stopped looking!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:12 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

dakini wrote:

Wait, has this been confirmed as vegan? I emailed Tarte about it when it a while ago and they told me it wasn't.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:17 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

That one isn't on the Tarte vegan page, but two other primers are, and the BB tinted moisturizer and BB illuminated moisturizer both are. Also, can I take a minute to question why Tarte is just using BB as a pre-fix to describe a primer and two different tinted moisturizers? Are they going to have BB lipstick and BB mascara soon too? I'm so sick of companies just going ahead and calling whatever a BB cream cause they know it's the hot thing. Words have meanings, people.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:39 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I'm sure someone will. In addition to BB creams, we now have CC creams and even DD creams. Where's my ZZ cream? I need help growing a sweet beard.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:50 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I'm so sigging that.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:16 am 

Hahahahahaha! Best!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:22 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

ZZ cream!! YOLO!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:59 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

jessilikewhoa wrote:
I'm so sigging that.

The highest compliment!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:30 am 
Spent a night at the Bates Motel

amandabear wrote:
dakini wrote:

Wait, has this been confirmed as vegan? I emailed Tarte about it when it a while ago and they told me it wasn't.

Oh gosh, I'm terribly sorry for recommending it then! I must have gotten confused when I saw the other BB's were vegan. Oh, Tarte. Just become an all vegan brand already!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:58 am 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

I spent several minutes looking like a weirdo, scanning the screwy ingredients on the shrink-wrapping, but I think I have some Wet-n-Wild Fantasy Makers products that are vegan.

The eye palette ingredients say they "may" contain cochineal, so I bought the one that is only blues and greys, as all the others have pinks/reds/purples, so I think it's safe to say that one palette is vegan. I also got pink and green mascara (I passed on the blue) and a shimmery blue-purple eyeliner! I'll post pics soon.

Unfortunately their face paints contain glycerin of unknown origin so I didn't buy any of those. I also passed up on some pretty cool-looking false eyelashes but may go back because I can't help myself. They have spiderweb eyelashes and floral eyelashes!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:16 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I bought the blue and green mascaras, but I haven't tried them yet.

I just found a company with synthetic makeup brushes that I had never heard of before, they're a family owned company out of Indiana that also make art brushes, and I called them and the glues are synthetic. I'm eyeballing a couple different brushes from them now. Not all of their brushes are synthetic, but the Revolution line, the Green line, and some of their sets are all vegan. I'm especially interested in the contouring brush from the Revolution line.
http://beautyusa.royalbrushstore.com/c/ ... s_silk-pro

And this is the contour brush, it looks a bit like that MAC contouring brush that people love, and that I hadn't been able to find a good vegan dupe for.
http://beautyusa.royalbrushstore.com/p/ ... tour?pp=12

twitter @jessilikewhoa

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2966 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 119  Next