| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2901 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 117  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hey look! A general makeup thread!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:19 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

dakini wrote:
Oh gosh, I'm terribly sorry for recommending it then! I must have gotten confused when I saw the other BB's were vegan. Oh, Tarte. Just become an all vegan brand already!

Tarte is so confusing! That's why I was hoping someone else got different intel. I emailed them a while ago about their holiday blush palette, which appears to me to be vegan, only to be told that it's not vegan because one or more of the colors "may contain" a bunch of ingredients that are nowhere on the label. So I don't even know with them anymore.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:43 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

So if you see those ELF 'Disney Villians' sets at Walgreens, those aren't vegan because they all come with a stupid $1 eyeshadow brush. Not that I really wanted one anyway because the stuff in them is all essential line so it's most likely poop.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:12 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I just saw a post on Nouveau Cheap about new WnW/Fergie BB creams. No ingredient info and I can't find much else online, so I don't know if they're vegan, but I'll be on the lookout for them now.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:16 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

So other than Too Faced and Yes To, who makes vegan BB creams? Anything else available at Sephora?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:42 pm 

I know derma-e has one, but they only have two shades and their stuff is too pricey for me to crepe shoot on that. They sell derma-e at Ulta, but it's on the drugstore side so there's no testers.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:08 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Ugh. Ended up in Walmart and NO Flower cosmetics! I did get an Amy's enchilada dinner though.

I'm disappointed that the Dr. Dennis Gross CC cream doesn't seem to be vegan. Not that I've used that line, but I like how well everything is labeled.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:48 am 
Baking In The Flavor

Quick question for the UK PPKers in regards to beauty products! My hubby is English and all of his family still lives in the UK. His Mum knows I quite like makeup (::cough:: understatement) and said if I send her a list of brands and shades of makeup, she'll make me a Christmas stocking with British makeup goodies. Last year she sent me some MUA palettes and a Barry M nail polish. Any recommendations on awesome drugstore-priced makeup I should request? Thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:00 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I ended up ordering the Yes to one from their website.

I wish that Tarte one was vegan. I love Tarte stuff. I also wish we had an Ulta but the closest is way out in Queens and then upstate there is none. Of course having a Sephora two blocks away hasn't been good for my wallet so it's probably for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:41 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Speaking of the Tarte BB cream, I can't see what in it isn't vegan. It has stearic acid but so do the ones labeled vegan. Anyone?

http://m.sephora.com/bb-tinted-treatmen ... Id=1486752

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:48 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

blondiefk wrote:
Speaking of the Tarte BB cream, I can't see what in it isn't vegan. It has stearic acid but so do the ones labeled vegan. Anyone?

I thought the same thing, but when I emailed them they told me it was because of the stearic acid.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:47 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

amandabear wrote:
blondiefk wrote:

I thought the same thing, but when I emailed them they told me it was because of the stearic acid.

This makes me wonder about the other ones with stearic acid now.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:54 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

blondiefk wrote:
This makes me wonder about the other ones with stearic acid now.

Yeah, I've been having doubts about Tarte lately since they've given me some weird conflicting information. I'm not 100% sure they know what they're talking about regarding vegan ingredients. A lot of their vegan items have stearic acid in them, and it makes no sense that they'd source both animal and vegetable-derived versions for different products.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:10 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I emailed them asking about it. I just got one of the other BB moisturizers so I hope it's okay. Maybe I'll return it tomorrow and wait for an answer.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:06 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

juice beauty is at ulta now, and they have foundation, tinted moisturizer, and cc creams that are vegan:

https://www.juicebeauty.com/2011/06/27/ ... -products/

I've never tried their face makeup, but everything else I've tried from them was awesome.

also jane iredale bb cream is vegan and awesome. but then again, I hated the tarte bb cream samples I got from ulta (gift with purchase thing), so my skin may like different things than yours.....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:07 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

DeVita has a really awesome BB Cream! In general, I've been underwhelmed by BB Creams in the past. But when they sent me theirs... I seriously love it!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:38 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

So I keep seeing Juice Beauty on vegan blogs cause the Alicia Silverstone line, and I used some stuff from them years ago that I liked well enough, but I could have sworn they got bought by a parent company that tests, possibly L'Oreal? But when I google I'm not seeing anything like that. So am I just making shiitake up in my head? Are they actually ok?

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:46 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

My Beauty Bunny says juice beauty was selling in china, but it looks like they ended that today.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:29 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

So I got an answer from Tarte about their stearic acid and they said it is sourced from palms. They also said the BB cream mentioned upthread is not vegan but did not specify which ingredient made it not vegan.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:54 am 

JFC, Tarte kind of sucks balls. Maybe we should tell them that their shadiness just makes us vegans not want to buy ANYTHING from them?

Oh, and I just remembered that Flower has a BB cream, four shades, not sure of the yellowness factor.

I get to go to an Ulta today, i'm still pretty broke but I have their $3.50/$10 coupon so imma get something.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:06 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

blondiefk wrote:
So I got an answer from Tarte about their stearic acid and they said it is sourced from palms. They also said the BB cream mentioned upthread is not vegan but did not specify which ingredient made it not vegan.

Um, what the fork, Tarte? This is verbatim the response I got from them about the bb cream:

Tarte wrote:
Thank you for contacting tarte cosmetics customer service. We do apologize, the new BB tinted primer is not vegan friendly as it is formulated with stearic acid. Thank you!

Plus I'm still annoyed as hell about the fact that they told me something wasn't vegan because it may contain ingredients that were nowhere on the label. Tarte, you're losing me.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:57 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Yeah, Tarte is pretty much off my shopping list, except for the setting powder because talc free translucent powder is a rare and precious unicorn. But otherwise, too too shady.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:01 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Noooooo! Tarte better clean it up. Their gel liner is really good, and I second the setting powder.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:21 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I really like their brow mousse.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:55 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

jessilikewhoa wrote:
So I keep seeing Juice Beauty on vegan blogs cause the Alicia Silverstone line, and I used some stuff from them years ago that I liked well enough, but I could have sworn they got bought by a parent company that tests, possibly L'Oreal? But when I google I'm not seeing anything like that. So am I just making shiitake up in my head? Are they actually ok?

Juice Beauty doesn't have a parent company, but their cruelty free status has been off the table in the past year. PETA sent out a press release about Juice Beauty changing their stance and no longer selling in China. I've reached out to the brand about it to find out more information. PETA had never removed them from their brands who don't test list, and the brand never admitted to selling in China (they flip flopped between "required by law" and "cruelty free" responses)... So, to be honest, I'm a bit hesitant to trust it until I can find out more information. I have a hard time trusting brands that can't stick to a straight response and the PETA endorsement doesn't do much for me since PETA never listed them as a brand that DID test or even removed them from their list.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:57 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Oh, and I just remembered that Flower has a BB cream, four shades, not sure of the yellowness factor.

I'm a hardcore Flower Beauty lover but... Don't buy the BB Cream! It was like rubbing colored paste on my face. I bought the medium shade and it was too light and very yellow. Everything else I've tried from them is AMAZING. I don't know what happened here.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2901 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 117  Next