| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 112  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hey look! A general makeup thread!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:59 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

I wonder if Tarte is just very confused about what products are and are not vegan? It could also be possible that they use animal based stearic acid for some products and plant based for others. A lot of brands do that with ingredients. It's frustrating and confusing for both consumers and brand reps alike.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:45 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I use the Flower BB in the lightest shade as part of my "match Jessi's pale neutral skin with light yet nearly opaque coverage" concoction, but yeah, by itself it was crazy thick, and even on my oily skin and over a primer it was dry enough to emphasize every super fine line or pore. But as a thickener/brightener in my mix I like it a lot.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:08 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I actually found the Juice illuminator on the clearance shelf at Ulta...I still didn't buy it, but it was there.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:21 am 
So Totally Yiffy

jessilikewhoa wrote:
I use the Flower BB in the lightest shade as part of my "match Jessi's pale neutral skin with light yet nearly opaque coverage" concoction, but yeah, by itself it was crazy thick, and even on my oily skin and over a primer it was dry enough to emphasize every super fine line or pore. But as a thickener/brightener in my mix I like it a lot.

Good point! It is great mixed with other items! I mixed mine with some moisturizer and another time with foundation to balance out the color and that worked great too.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:48 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

logicalharmony wrote:
I wonder if Tarte is just very confused about what products are and are not vegan? It could also be possible that they use animal based stearic acid for some products and plant based for others. A lot of brands do that with ingredients. It's frustrating and confusing for both consumers and brand reps alike.

No, they told me their stearic acid is plant derived. I can't copy paste easily from my phone and I won't be home for two more weeks but when I am I'll copy paste it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:40 pm 

If you have a CVS card, apparently their coupon machine is putting out a $5/$15 beauty purchase, plus Physician's Formula is on ExtraBucks deal this week. They also have a beauty club where when you accumulate $50 worth of makeup purchases, you get $5 Extrabucks.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:11 pm 

I got a 25% off CVS coupon in my email and I have $13 worth of Extrabucks in my wallet. Makeup time, mother forkers.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:29 pm 

Okay, i'm back and I got an eyeliner trio and two WnW Megalasts to push me over $15. I also got an extra $1.50 from the coupon machine because CVS does quarterly money-back deals. So I got that stuff plus a drink, used my coupons and $4.50 in ECB (I kept the $10 one because I didn't have $10 worth of stuff), paid $5.34 and got $6 back. I forking love CVS so much.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:02 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Okay, i'm back and I got an eyeliner trio

I get so confused as to which Physician's Formula makeup is vegan friendly... do you mean a PF eyeliner trio? If so, is it the pencil liners or the gel liners that come in a little pot? Are all the pencil liners vegan or just some?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:40 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I wish the CVS around here carried WnW. PF has nothing I want and neither does Milani.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:19 pm 

They don't at all? Not even the nail polish? That's weird. I can't find the eyeshadow singles at drugstores here.

I did mean the PF eyeliner trios - they're automatic pencils. This is the only vegan list for PF i've ever seen, I always double check the eyeliners to make sure they still say 'synthetic beeswax':

http://veggiebeauty.com/833/vegan-produ ... ns-formula

I don't buy a lot at CVS, but they have really good deals that are fairly straight-forward to use (unlike Walgreens, their card/reward program is complicated) and I get a 25% off coupon in my email like every single week, which stacks with their store coupons and manufacturer coupons AND their x dollars off of y dollars. It's rare that all of those things come together and they have vegan/CF stuff on a deal, but it's nice when it happens.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:27 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Yeah, the CVS here and the one I go to upstate don't carry WnW at all. And I only know one store that has the singles. In fact I need to go because my envy got smashed.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:37 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

i went all over nyc looking for WnW when i wanted a cheap concealer. i finally found a third of an endcap at a rite-aid. i went to multiple cvs locations, and none of them stocked it. i felt like i was in the twilight zone. it had been a long time since i'd bought drugstore makeup, but i remembered it being the one thing you could count on seeing everywhere.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:38 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Duane Reade carries it and usually Walgreens too.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:43 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

those are things i'm unlikely to come across in my part of brooklyn. that rite-aid is pretty close to me, but i almost never buy makeup, so it's not that big a deal anyway. it was just so weird that it was nowhere. i'm glad i can get more of the WnW mascara if i need it without getting on a train, though, since the train costs more than the makeup.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:45 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Up until recently, none of the CVS stores around here carried WnW. It's still a crapshoot - the one near my work has a display (no eyeshadow singles, unfortunately), but the one near my house doesn't have anything. The lack of eyeshadow singles seems to be a problem in general, because I can't find them at Rite Aids or Walgreens around here either.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:48 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I've only ever seen them twice so they are definitely elusive. I'm glad I have to be near the Duane Reade that sells them tomorrow.

So I tried the Tarte primer vs the Hourglass and the Hourglass is so much better. Too bad it's so expensive. I would probably buy it in a full size if I didn't have the Tarte one. Both are better than the ELF one.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:42 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Phyrra did a post on the Makeup Show Orlando, and she met the dude who owns OCC and this happened
Quote:
He told me that I could tell you all about his upcoming product release, which will be multi-purpose makeup pencils. They’ll be for use on the eyes, lips and cheeks. They should be waterproof and smudgeproof. The colors will be Tarred, Feathered, NSFW, Anime, Grandma, and 3 neutrals (which I do not know). They’re going to be available in mid-February 2014.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:18 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I'm super excited for these pencils. I will need the NSFW and Grandma ones asap. Having lip tars in a more portable/user-friendly format is a great idea.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:22 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Me too. My one go to is always black pencil. Now if they make a good mascara, I can just buy from them and not worry about all the other nonsense!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:07 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I'm super pumped for the Feathered pencil too, I think it might make a great vegan alternative to the NYX Milk Jumbo Pencil that everyone and their mother raves about.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:35 pm 

That's kind of timely since not that long ago, Phyrra and some other bloggers took their liptars and turned them into pencils, deveganizing them in the process.

I've started hoarding my makeup empties, i've promised myself something when i've totally emptied five products (the first one was that I finally used up the last of my UD Naked foundation), but I don't know what. Maybe i'll finally get some OCC stuff?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:06 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I like the creme color concentrates a lot. I have Grandma and blended well it's a great coral blush. I just ordered Vice to try as a shadow base too.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:36 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I wore Black Metal Dahlia tonight and it looked fabulous if I do say so myself.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:01 pm 

I think i'm gonna start saving up for a Christmas sale splurge. Like if I don't buy any makeup for the week, i'll take ten dollars and put it in a jar and then whatever I have by the time that Black Friday deals roll around, I get to blooooooooooooooooooooooooow! That should be hard since I keep rolling the CVS EB's from week to week, I have a backup mascara, and I just opened a new tube of foundation. I will need more powder soon but that's it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 112  Next