| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2864 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 115  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hey look! A general makeup thread!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:01 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

@blondiefk yep! Rubbing alcohol!

http://youtu.be/naby86uGHUQ

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:21 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Yeah, when people sell used makeup they disinfect it with alcohol, it dries pretty quickly.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:54 am 

So all of the Doe Deere Lies social media - the tumblr, the blog, the twitter, and even the super-helpful Pinterest board with Lime Crime dupes, has been scrubbed from the internet. No one knows why, but no one thinks that the maintainer just up and quit because she didn't say anything beforehand and nothing was left up for people to reference in the future.

Which is sad because now I have no current page to send to people when they ask me if i've tried Lime Crime.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:50 pm 

ELF is having a 'secret' sale where they email you a supposedly randomly generated percent-off code, I got 50%. Just for fun I told Brian I was going to order $70 worth of makeup (to get free shipping) and the look of horror on his face made my day.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:55 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Mine was also 50%. I was at the store today. I just love it there. I buy stuff to try that I never would if it was more expensive and I get to see what the colors look like before buying.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:03 pm 

Hahahaha, I just noticed that the fine print says 'maximum discount is $10'. Usually there's an order minimum, I hope this is just a one-off since I always wait until I run out of my essentials (the oil-free concealer I use as foundation, setting spray, mascara primer, etc.) and then buy a bucketload at once to get the most bang for my buck.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:58 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I bought the Flower Beauty Zoom-In Mascara yesterday (gold tube) and I love it as much as the Extreme Measures one. Zoom-In is a little less Drag, but in a good way? I was getting tired of people asking me if my lashes were fake wearing the Extreme Measures and this seems to be just a slight step back from that. LOVE.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:30 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Kelly wrote:
........... I was getting tired of people asking me if my lashes were fake ............

I cannot even relate to that.

But I wish I could.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:40 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

tofucheez wrote:
Kelly wrote:
........... I was getting tired of people asking me if my lashes were fake ............

I cannot even relate to that.

But I wish I could.

Humblebrag! Seriously though I need to get some of that mascara asap.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:41 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I want to know if it's better than Better Than Sex.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:33 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

For drag lashes? I haven't found a vegan mascara better than Better Than Sex for drag lashes. Clumpy tarantula lashes flicks the weasel.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:51 pm 

Seriously. I want to be able to go from zero to drag queen with as little effort as possible.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:06 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I just love Better than Sex with purple WnW layered over it. I'm thinking of tossing all my other mascara.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:43 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

That's my combo too, and if it's going to be a long day I seal it with Anastasia Lash Genius.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:37 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Wet n Wild just posted this on facebook
Quote:
Go to your local Walgreens TOMORROW from 4pm-9pm for the sale of a lifetime!

25% off the ENTIRE Fergie CenterStage Collection!!

So it might be a good time to get backup primer. I think I'm gonna stop in and snag one.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:28 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

blondiefk wrote:
I want to know if it's better than Better Than Sex.

I don't have Better Than Sex so I don't know!

And I wasn't bragging, it really was getting annoying. My lashes are naturally kind of long but so light you can barely see them, so this stuff makes them insane.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:34 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I forgot to post this the other day, but I ordered one of the Apocalipsticks from Lunatick Cosmetics Labs, and it's awesome. It's packaged in a click pen, and at first I was like "what? nawww." but it's actually really nice. Super pigmented so you don't need much at all, stays put to the point where I only had to reapply like twice wearing it all day and eating with it on. It reminds me a lot of the OCC Lip Tars, but in a far more travel convenient package. The one I bought was Violet Shock, which is the perfect bright purple, and I plan to order more as soon as I have spending money again. She also has a talc free setting powder that she said is comparable to the Make Up Forever HD powder, where it's just straight up finely milled silica, and it's only $13.

There's a 15% off sale on everything until Friday. It doesn't look like there's a code, so I dunno if the discount just gets applied at checkout or what, but she's super fast about answering messages on facebook.

I also got my first makeup brush from Royal and Langnickel today, from their Revolution line, and holy crepe is it well made.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:06 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

so the Tarte list is shiitake? Macy's started carrying Tarte and I need a new lash curler, since I cannot find cruelty free pad replace3ments for my Shumera I was looking at the Tarte one, it came with lights, camera action mascara. Plus if you bought 2 tings you got a free eyeliner...

I bought the ELF curler - it is crepe.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:01 am 

I think I'm going to go buy the list but also check ingredients as though they has no list. Annoying, but I'm not ready to blackball them as they have a few products that I really like. The skinny smolder eyes liner is the one that has "silk powder" that they told me was synthetic.

Does anyone know about Ole Henriksen? There's a new CC crème that sounds good. The eye version has beeswax, but the regular version looks ok? I emailed them, and I'll report back.

http://www.olehenriksen.com/p-166-perfect-truth-cc-crme.aspx

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:32 am 
Naked Under Apron

I wrote to them, and the response was not helpful. I will say though, that I got a little sample of the CC cream from Sephora, and though unfortunately I can't remember too much about it, I didn't like it enough to try to verify its veganness. Too Faced and Boscia are better, I think.

Quote:
Hello! I am wondering whether a couple of your products are vegan. I see that you do not test on animals (which is great!), but am not sure about the ingredients. The two products I am interested in are your new Perfect Truth CC Creme (in light) and the Fresh Lips balm. Can you tell me if either of these contain ingredients derived from animals (including insects?) Thank you! Amy

Quote:
Hello Amy,

Thank you for reaching out to us and your interest in OLEHENRIKSEN.

At this point our products are not certified as vegan or manufactured in a vegan facility.

However we do NOT test on animals. Some of the non vegan ingredients in some of our products are beeswax, lactic acid, and carmine.

We list all of our product ingredients on the product pages in the orange “ingredients” tab to help educate our customers about everything that goes into creating our products. Feel free to look at the lists.

We hope this information is helpful.

Celine Ibbotson
Customer Service Assistant
OLEHENRIKSEN

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:03 am 

Ha, I hate when companies do that. Yes, I see the ingredients, but I am asking about the source of those ingredients. I love Boscia, but heard they're planning to sell in China. Does the Too Faced have any of that shimmering brightening qualities? It seems like one of the Tarte bb creams and the Pacifica bb cream is billed as such, but I haven't been anywhere to sample.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:13 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Yeah, the Too Faced shimmers and brightens for sure. To the point where if I don't mix it with another product it has too much shimmer for me.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:50 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

I mix the Too Faced bb with the Lush foundation, I like it, nice dewy glow....not teen vampire glitter prom night glow.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:24 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Yep, Too Faced is a little "luminous." It's also very sheer. I got a sample of Snow Glow last time I was at Sephora and it works way better for me than Vanilla Glow, despite the claim that it's pink-toned. I'd call it more neutral than anything. It doesn't work so well for me in the summer (I'm too oily), but I think I might pick up a tube to brighten up my face in the winter.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:36 pm 

It sounds perfect for me. I just need to even out, not much coverage. And I do love that teen vampire glitter prom night glow!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2864 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 115  Next