| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: WARM vegan shoes for winter
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:20 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on a pair of Bogs. My toes are freezing after treking around in NYC snow in crappy LL Bean rainboots that have holes in them!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:16 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

veggiepalooza wrote:
I think I'm going to pull the trigger on a pair of Bogs. My toes are freezing after treking around in NYC snow in crappy LL Bean rainboots that have holes in them!

I saw someone wearing Bogs the other day, and they actually looked kind of chic. I'm tempted to get my own pair, but I need to not buy myself anything right now. I hope they keep you warm and toasty!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:55 pm 
Wears Pleather Undies

Kamik! They have tons that are waterproof and rated for, like, -20 degrees. I have rain boots and winter boots from them, and I've been very happy with both.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:34 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

ndpittman wrote:
veggiepalooza wrote:

I saw someone wearing Bogs the other day, and they actually looked kind of chic. I'm tempted to get my own pair, but I need to not buy myself anything right now. I hope they keep you warm and toasty!

Aw thank you! They are wonderful!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:48 pm 
Chard Martyr

has anyone seen any vegan rain boots that look similar to this? they don't have to be super warm because i already have good snow boots, but i want some rain boots that aren't galoshes.

http://www.zappos.com/ugg-lina-black

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:24 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

what about these, they seem potentially vegan friendly: http://www.zappos.com/sorel-joplin-rain ... sims_sdp_1 not exactly the same but similar.

i feel like crocs had a shoe, the blitzen convertible one, that looked similar, but i can't seem to find them for sale anymore online..

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:04 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Attention Bogs haters! There's a chance Bogs won't destroy your ankles anymore. I bought my first pair in 2010 and loved them for keeping me warm/dry, but hated them for destroying my ankles. The destruction had happened pretty much immediately, but because they were warm and dry, I kept on wearing them and eventually wore them to death. After much hemming and hawing, I decided to buy them again, 2 weeks ago, and they have done some kind of magic because they do not (I repeat, DO NOT) destroy my ankles anymore. I have walked for hours in them up and down Amsterdam and the Hague, and have yet to get a single blister. So if you have previously hated Bogs for destroying your feet, perhaps New Bogs will work for you.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:44 am 
WRETCHED

I've been looking for some good snow boots for a trip I have next month but I also want something that isn't so crazy warm that it couldn't be used here on colder days. I've been trying out a couple things but I have a few issues in that I have wide feet and large calves. I bought some bogs, walked around the house with them and they were fine but they actually rubbed against my calf. I tried a few Sorel's but no go there with width. Right now, I'm testing out a pair of Kamik's that have potential (Kamik Rival specifically). The funny thing is I wanted to try a pair of men's Kamiks but I couldn't find a vegan pair there that didn't have an inner boot. And I've tried both women's bogs and men's bogs, the width doesn't really seem that different? Maybe I'm imagining it.

So my dream boot would:
Be wide in the toe box (women's W or even WW to allow for thick socks)
Be wide in the calf or allow for adjustment
Be rated for -10/20F or so (preferably, no inner boot)
Go up to size 11

It just isn't an easy task and does leave me looking at mostly men's boots but even then I can't seem to find the right thing. I wish the Kamik Rival was just a teeny bit wider but I think it'll serve my purposes if I can't find anything else.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:22 am 
Naked Under Apron

I stupidly didn't bring warm boots for my month in NYC so I bought a pair. These: http://www.zappos.com/merrell-haven-winter-black except I got them on sale. I love them -they keep my feet nice and toasty.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:26 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

bogs bogs bogs! I just got these beauties:
http://www.amazon.com/Bogs-Womens-Charlot-Waterproof-Black/dp/B006Q95ETQ/ref=sr_1_117?ie=UTF8&qid=1388344574&sr=8-117&keywords=Bogs
and I have to wear high socks with them or they dig in a bit at the top but they provide amazing arch support and are super comfy and warm - they have some rated to -40!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:26 am 
Tofu Pup

I hope you stay warm this winter with your new vegan-friendly jacket and shoes.The must haves for fall/winter are warm & coats, boots and knits which will protect us during winter times..

Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3