| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: the vegan winter clothes thread
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:25 am 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Believe me I would love to never leave the house again for any reason (I think I am a bit of a hermit by nature) but alas thats not an option.

I do the layers thing too but I was hoping that there might be some super-new-high-tech-wonder glove out there, since I am usually that last one to know when it comes to things like that.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:26 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

You guys are making me so excited to get my coat. Hopefully tomorrow, or monday.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:20 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

SuzyHB wrote:
Does anyone have advice for finding really really warm vegan gloves that don't totally limit dexterity.

I have raynauds and I go through this glove-search ordeal every time it starts to get cold.

Everything I find is either not warm or very bulky and clumsy (I am clumsy enough all by myself I don't need my gloes to make it harded to grip things or find them in my bag).

Thanks!

I don't know how your dexterity will be in these or anything (i can't do anything with gloves on) but they look kind of awesome

http://www.landsend.com/pp/FleeceGloves ... h-_-fleece

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:50 pm 
stop: can't. won't. don't.

i just got my hoodlamb! it's really beautiful and i'm already in love with it, only it came in black instead of blue.
i'm trying to see if they'll send me a blue one before i return this. my natural inclination was to get black anyway, but it wasn't available. after i settled on blue, i had my heart set on it. either way, yay!

ETA: no more blue, so i'm thwarted in my efforts to incorporate more color into my almost-all-black wardrobe.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:04 pm 
Chip Strong

I think I'm going to get my coat mended rather than go through sending it back, it's going to be more of a hassle than I thought and I would be coatless until then. My mother's friend does tailoring jobs, I'm hoping she can help me.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:15 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

ijustdiedinside wrote:
SuzyHB wrote:
Does anyone have advice for finding really really warm vegan gloves that don't totally limit dexterity.

I have raynauds and I go through this glove-search ordeal every time it starts to get cold.

Everything I find is either not warm or very bulky and clumsy (I am clumsy enough all by myself I don't need my gloes to make it harded to grip things or find them in my bag).

Thanks!

I don't know how your dexterity will be in these or anything (i can't do anything with gloves on) but they look kind of awesome

http://www.landsend.com/pp/FleeceGloves ... h-_-fleece

Those don't look warm enough but maybe http://www.landsend.com/pp/FlexGlove~21 ... igin=index or http://www.landsend.com/pp/HeavenlyFlee ... igin=index

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:26 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

calcuhater wrote:
i just got my hoodlamb! it's really beautiful and i'm already in love with it, only it came in black instead of blue.
i'm trying to see if they'll send me a blue one before i return this. my natural inclination was to get black anyway, but it wasn't available. after i settled on blue, i had my heart set on it. either way, yay!

ETA: no more blue, so i'm thwarted in my efforts to incorporate more color into my almost-all-black wardrobe.

So on the previous page, buttercup ordered the black hoodlamb in XL and got the blue, and now the opposite happened to you. Odd.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:08 pm 

oh, snap! i didn't even realize that. i must have skimmed and thought she ordered the blue. i'm totally jealous, it's such a pretty blue!

buttercup, did you order from backcountry?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:18 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

today was COOOOLD and the merrell coat kept me warm! yay! it seems to be a lot warmer than the northface that i outgrew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:22 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

ijustdiedinside wrote:
today was COOOOLD and the merrell coat kept me warm! yay! it seems to be a lot warmer than the northface that i outgrew

I should be getting mine tomorrow! Not sure I ordered the right size but we shall see. It's cold as fork here!

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:24 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

also, I'm still having no luck finding vegan, close-fitting beanies that are warm. Everything I try on is all ugly and bunchy.

I have one Sypder beanie from a couple years back that fits perfect, but it's white and I need a black beanie.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:24 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I've been sticking with hoodies. But I hope to get my knitting up to speed and knit up some sweaters for the cold months.

Gloves I'm partial to these Image

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:41 pm 

Quarantined wrote:
ijustdiedinside wrote:

I should be getting mine tomorrow! Not sure I ordered the right size but we shall see. It's cold as fork here!

Mine was delivered today while I was at work. Now I will have to go to pick it up; hopefully tomorrow after work.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:20 pm 

ran out to the store and the hoodlamb kept me nice and toasty! bonus features i was really happy about: thumb holes in the wrist cuffs and magnetic pocket closures!

it's also really funny that the rolling paper dispenser, which i knew about, comes stocked. at one point in my life, i guess that would have been helpful. now it just makes me smile.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:34 pm 

calcuhater wrote:
ran out to the store and the hoodlamb kept me nice and toasty! bonus features i was really happy about: thumb holes in the wrist cuffs and magnetic pocket closures!

it's also really funny that the rolling paper dispenser, which i knew about, comes stocked. at one point in my life, i guess that would have been helpful. now it just makes me smile.

What is this rolling paper dispenser?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:37 pm 

inside pocket & dispenser!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:08 am 

ohhh, rollies!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:09 am 
Naked Under Apron

has anyone with the long hoodlamb experienced it in rain? how water resistent is it? dazee has something similar, but i am so brr brr brr brr brr brr. i need something i can walk a few miles in the rain in, and stay dry.

xo
kittee

pakupaku
XGFX: Vegan Gluten-Free Stuff
"Stupid society. I'm gonna go put on bikini kill."~Susie Tofu Monster
"Kittee is wise. Listen to Kittee."~Aruna--> the PPKr currently known as mumbaikar

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:11 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Coats are quite possibly my favorite item of clothing, which may explain why I own 3 1/2 of them. Currently I am head over heals in love with this lovely teal coat.
I was literally making whimpering noises at my computer as I gazed at it; it was pretty pathetic.
Oh and btw my hypothetical cart at ModCloth is now over $500. No more internet shopping for Amelie!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:13 am 
ugh

kittee wrote:
has anyone with the long hoodlamb experienced it in rain? how water resistent is it? dazee has something similar, but i am so brr brr brr brr brr brr. i need something i can walk a few miles in the rain in, and stay dry.

xo
kittee

I've worn it on a rainy day for about a mile and a half and found it was rather water resistant! Most of the water shook off, and none of what was left soaked through.

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:25 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Magpie-Grin wrote:
Quarantined wrote:
ijustdiedinside wrote:

Mine was delivered today while I was at work. Now I will have to go to pick it up; hopefully tomorrow after work.

I got mine and it totally fits which is awesome, and I like it! I got the gray one. Just gotta try it out outside.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:58 am 
Naked Under Apron

b.vicious wrote:
I've worn it on a rainy day for about a mile and a half and found it was rather water resistant! Most of the water shook off, and none of what was left soaked through.

why, thank you!

pakupaku
XGFX: Vegan Gluten-Free Stuff
"Stupid society. I'm gonna go put on bikini kill."~Susie Tofu Monster
"Kittee is wise. Listen to Kittee."~Aruna--> the PPKr currently known as mumbaikar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:33 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I got chided for having not a single pair of shoes that won't let water in.
Being totally broke (because tattoos are more important than not getting a cold, right?!), I finally got those from the cheapest shoe store ever, for 25 €. They're fake leather, and I thiiink I might be able to wear them with a skirt as well.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:43 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I think it was calcuhater who was saying how much they loved their Bogs boots. So anyway, boring story even more boring, my old winter boots weren't cutting it with this weather so I bought Bogs and I LOVE THEM. LOVE. So awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:58 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

calcuhater wrote:
oh, snap! i didn't even realize that. i must have skimmed and thought she ordered the blue. i'm totally jealous, it's such a pretty blue!

buttercup, did you order from backcountry?

oh no! i totally have your coat. i did order from backcountry...via amazon. i wonder how many orders they screwed up! i would have been super-bummed if i got any other color.

after experiencing a winter of wet feet due to non waterproof snow boots (which makes no sense..snow melts!), i finally got a waterproof winter boot from target. not the cutest thing ever, but not terribly ugly and only 30 bucks:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next