| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 280 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: the vegan winter clothes thread
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:36 pm 
Santa is a WELFARIST!

Those of you looking for maternity stuff here a couple....:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/62009643/maternity-coat-fall-maternity-jacket

[url]http://www.dorothyperkins.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33053&storeId=12552&productId=2043032&langId=-1&sort_field=Relevance&categoryId=208668&parent_categoryId=208600&sort_field=Relevance&pageSize=20&refinements=category~[212226|208668]&noOfRefinements=1[/url]

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/womens/maternity/coats/PRD~700154/Oh+Baby+by+Motherhood+Quilted+Puffer+Coat.jsp

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:25 pm 
stop: can't. won't. don't.

paprikapapaya wrote:
I think it was calcuhater who was saying how much they loved their Bogs boots. So anyway, boring story even more boring, my old winter boots weren't cutting it with this weather so I bought Bogs and I LOVE THEM. LOVE. So awesome.

not me, but i am hypothetically in the market for some wellies...

buttercup wrote:
calcuhater wrote:
oh, snap! i didn't even realize that. i must have skimmed and thought she ordered the blue. i'm totally jealous, it's such a pretty blue!

buttercup, did you order from backcountry?

oh no! i totally have your coat. i did order from backcountry...via amazon. i wonder how many orders they screwed up! i would have been super-bummed if i got any other color.

that's weird, i think i ordered mine a few days after you did! but i'm too lazy to go back and look. i would've ordered black initially anyway, so it wasn't a great tragedy. and i pretty much love it. coatwise, it's the tops!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:46 pm 
Ate all the pumpkin seeds

buttercup wrote:
calcuhater wrote:
oh, snap! i didn't even realize that. i must have skimmed and thought she ordered the blue. i'm totally jealous, it's such a pretty blue!

oh no! i totally have your coat. i did order from backcountry...via amazon. i wonder how many orders they screwed up! i would have been super-bummed if i got any other color.

after experiencing a winter of wet feet due to non waterproof snow boots (which makes no sense..snow melts!), i finally got a waterproof winter boot from target. not the cutest thing ever, but not terribly ugly and only 30 bucks:

Those are actually pretty cute for snow boots, which as a genre tend to be hideous.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:54 pm 
Cranky

calcuhater wrote:
paprikapapaya wrote:
I think it was calcuhater who was saying how much they loved their Bogs boots. So anyway, boring story even more boring, my old winter boots weren't cutting it with this weather so I bought Bogs and I LOVE THEM. LOVE. So awesome.

not me, but i am hypothetically in the market for some wellies...

That was probably me. I'm such a big fan of my Bogs!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:32 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

oh right! Yes it was you. My toes thank you for introducing me to the brand.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:21 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

I just ordered this coat from American Eagle:

I was going to wait to get a hemp hoodlamb, but that shiitake is expensive and it's getting colder every day. I found a discount code so this was $100 and change, and it's more my speed anyway - almost every coat that I've owned in the last 10 years has been olive green and military-style. It looks like it should be pretty warm too, what with the furry lining. Here's hoping it fits!

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:19 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

After much debate, I ordered this coat

It's a Merrell coat as well. Seen here: http://www.merrell.com/US/en-US/Product ... 498W/46397

I'm so excited!

Formerly rad.badger

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:50 am 
Chip Strong

I broke down and ordered a second Merrell coat, one size up, and started the return process for the first one that tore. I really like it, it's really warm (today is cold as hell in Boston and I was rockin'!) but I just need more room to layer and hopefully won't have the same problem with the seam coming open. I'll send back the smaller one once the new one gets here and should be credited back (and will sick my awesome bank on them if there's any fuckery.)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:58 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

yeah I got a medium and once I wore it I thought it was a bit roomy, but it's proving great because there's lots of room to layer. That coat is really surprisingly warm! I only wish it were a bit longer, because my legs are really cold. I think I need long underwear for these under-30 degrees days.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:28 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

frozenveggies wrote:
After much debate, I ordered this coat

It's a Merrell coat as well. Seen here: http://www.merrell.com/US/en-US/Product ... 498W/46397

I'm so excited!

damn I like that one too, nice that it's longer.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:39 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I got my winter coat last year from my Friend's Shop. It has a zip in hoodie for warmth that can be removed and a belt I took off ages ago.

It also has two rows of corseting ribbon down the back which is hidden in this photo.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:44 am 
Chip Strong

Quarantined wrote:
yeah I got a medium and once I wore it I thought it was a bit roomy, but it's proving great because there's lots of room to layer. That coat is really surprisingly warm! I only wish it were a bit longer, because my legs are really cold. I think I need long underwear for these under-30 degrees days.

Yeah I think I need to look for winter weight leggings and tights. But the coat is awesome.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:50 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

buttercup wrote:
calcuhater wrote:

after experiencing a winter of wet feet due to non waterproof snow boots (which makes no sense..snow melts!), i finally got a waterproof winter boot from target. not the cutest thing ever, but not terribly ugly and only 30 bucks:

i bought those boots too! i hope they hold up in the snow. i wasn't really prepared for winter last year.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:04 pm 
Saggy Butt

so...long underwear.
im thinking i want some. does anyone wear long underwear (aside from like thermals which dont look so cute under work clothes)?

i need something thin for pants for sure, as im not interested in looking (or feeling) like a stuffed sausage with my regular clothes on over them. maybe i should just go with some warm knee-high socks??

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:11 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

lindsayh wrote:
so...long underwear.
im thinking i want some. does anyone wear long underwear (aside from like thermals which dont look so cute under work clothes)?

i need something thin for pants for sure, as im not interested in looking (or feeling) like a stuffed sausage with my regular clothes on over them. maybe i should just go with some warm knee-high socks??

yeah- they've been mentioned in this thread but Cuddl Duds make really thin (but warm) pants and tops that would be fine under work clothes, you really can't see the tops usually if you're wearing button-downs and sweaters over them..

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:13 pm 
Ate all the pumpkin seeds

I wore tights under my jeans today because long underwear are too bulky. It felt like I was wearing pants 2 sizes too small, even though they're actually a size too big. IOW, the tights made the jeans feel, well, tight, and it was wicked uncomfortable. Back to skirts it is.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:11 pm 
Saggy Butt

Adah wrote:
I wore tights under my jeans today because long underwear are too bulky. It felt like I was wearing pants 2 sizes too small, even though they're actually a size too big. IOW, the tights made the jeans feel, well, tight, and it was wicked uncomfortable. Back to skirts it is.

yeah thats what im afraid of. i cant stand having things tight on my waist and thighs.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:19 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

i wear leggings under my jeans every day in the winter! it's not too uncomfortable for me, but if i'm going to be at work or something all day then i'll usually just take them off in the bathroom and put them back on before i leave.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:10 pm 
Tofu Pup

I recently got these vegan winter/snow boots, the Fiona Pantagonia Mid:

http://www.zappos.com/patagonia-fiona-mid-black

They are super warm, mid calf, and you can wear them with pants and skirts. They are expensive ($150), but I bought my last boots 15 years ago, and hope these will last a while also.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:24 am 
So Totally Yiffy

My mom bought me a pair of Sporto duck boots I was eyeing for Christmas. A bit current this season, and fun for me because they have a pink paisley pattern (2nd color option).

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/sporto+kim+boot ... Ref=SEARCH

I managed to make it through the last 2 nyc winters with a mid-weight coat layered with a cardi, but after the past week, I don't know how well I'm going to be able to take it this year. I am debating on a nice parka-bomber hybrid (military issue) if I need an upgrade...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:03 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

lindsayh wrote:
so...long underwear.

I either wear leggins or tights under jeans. They are thin enough. But they always reach up to my waist and it gets uncomfortable. Still, I prefer it to being even more cold.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:55 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

m.iau wrote:
lindsayh wrote:
so...long underwear.

I either wear leggins or tights under jeans. They are thin enough. But they always reach up to my waist and it gets uncomfortable. Still, I prefer it to being even more cold.

American Apparel (I know, I know) makes low rise thermals that are pretty thin and comfy. They've helped me out when I was cold and weren't too bunchy under pants.

Cruelty Free Face
Morrissey Hates Murder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:44 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

I finally got my Merrell jacket, now that it is nice and warm again. I'm not very excited, though. It was stuffed into a box, so it is all wrinkly and it has an awful amount of lint on it. The hem on the bottom seems all weird and wavy too, maybe that will come out with a pressing.
I hope once it is cleaned up I will be happy.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:08 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

B_A_D wrote:
I got my winter coat last year from my Friend's Shop. It has a zip in hoodie for warmth that can be removed and a belt I took off ages ago.

It also has two rows of corseting ribbon down the back which is hidden in this photo.

love it!

Gumboots & Cats Facebook Page
http://www.gumbootsandcats.tumblr.com/
http://www.gumbootsandcats.blogspot.com/
http://www.gumbootscatsvegansnacks.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:49 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I've been wearing tights under jeans and you can get these long fitted vests from H&M for £7.99 that are so warm and last ages
D-E-F-I-N-I-T-E-L-Y warmer!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 280 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next