| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Curling Cream
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:28 am 
WELFARIST!

I'm starting a new position at work which requires me to get up at some crazy times (hello, 3am!) so I'm forgoing straightening my hair before the sun comes up and just trying to manage my curls. I want something that tames my frizz, makes my hair shiny and helps to hold the curls, hopefully without crunch. I just tried one that I picked up from Sallie Beauty but it did the exact opposite of accentuating my curls and left my hair straight and flat. Any recommendations?

Post subject: Re: Curling Cream
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:41 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I use DevaCurl products. They're kind of pricy but they are the only products that work for my frizzy curls.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:09 am 
Wears Pleather Undies

I started using Kinky Curly a couple of months ago and as someone who lives with reeeeaaaaallllllllly frizzy hair, it was a life saver.
There are a few products in the KC line, and of all of them the custard is the one with the magic.
I will warn you though, you have to follow the directions exactly. Which, luckily, is pretty easy. Basically squish a bunch of it between your hands and scrunch it into your hair when it's sopping wet and you're still standing in the shower. The only thing that's ever made it less effective for me was letting my hair dry a bit, (like 10 mins), before applying it.
The packaging is straight out of a bad 70's movie, and it's pretty inexpensive, and really awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:50 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Wow here the Kinky Curly curling custard is $40 for a container of it, so definitely jot inexpensive! So I didn't even check to see if its vegan. Maybe I should ask for a sample.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:53 am 
WRETCHED

When I used to have frizzy, frizzy hair, I actually used silicone drops to tame the frizz. Do they sell that type of stuff anymore? It has been years but I lived for that stuff.