| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Blue Jeans - No Crack Allowed
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:36 am 
So Totally Yiffy

You heard me! I'm sick of all these jeans I own falling apart right away, but I can't afford fancy pants. I'm even more sick of these low-cut styles that are so low you can see underwear, or the lack thereof. I've been wearing the same jeans for YEARS because all the current styles are too voyeuristic for my inner granny. I do like low-cut jeans, but some of these are just too low. I'm a hispanic girl - I've got HIPS. I've shopped around online, I've tried stuff on in store, but once you wear a pair for more than an hour their true nature shows. That's why you ladies out there (and men in ladies jeans) have done the hard work for me.

So help me out - value and style! That's right up your alley, PPK.

Post subject: Re: Blue Jeans - No Crack Allowed
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:29 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I would not be much help, my crack always hangs out :(

Gumboots & Cats Facebook Page
http://www.gumbootsandcats.tumblr.com/
http://www.gumbootsandcats.blogspot.com/
http://www.gumbootscatsvegansnacks.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:42 pm 
Chard Martyr

I have a booty. I know this because I have the "it fits in the butt but I have a gap at the waist" problem all the damn time. So, I'm not sure if this problem applies to you or not. Anyway, I hate pulling my pants up every two seconds because after a couple of hours, jeans tend to stretch. I do not want to wash my jeans every day in order for them to maintain the size that looks and feels appropriate on me.

For some reason, I got a pair of Gap Long & Lean (hear me out) that fit really well and I don't have the gap at the waist. It's amazing. I am not long, nor am I exceptionally lean, but these fit wonderfully. They are mid-rise and bootcut, and I got them a size tighter than I would have liked so that they stretched out to the perfect size. I wear the shiitake out of jeans and these are holding up really well.

I always go one size lower in jeans if I can (if they're not annoyingly tight/awful feeling) because they stretch.

Or- JEGGINGS. http://forum.theppk.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=3122&hilit=jeggings
Hate the word, love the pant! So comfy!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:10 pm 
Saggy Butt

Gap jeans are great because they're a little higher rise but they don't look weird.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:33 pm 
Spent a night at the Bates Motel

This title makes me giggle. I cannot for the life of me find pants that don't show off my line from behind. I buy most of my jeans and pants from American Eagle because they have extended sizes and different lengths, and with a belt I can avoid inviting everyone to crackville.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:53 pm 
Wears Pleather Undies

You should go to a resale clothing store. that way you can try on lots of brands of jeans and can get a nicer used pair for the same price as a new sub quality pair.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:28 am 
Not NOT A Furry

wish i could help but i only know guys jeans.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:26 am 
WRETCHED

There are jeans made for us! I found some at Costco by Levis where the waist is visibly higher in the back so that they fit comfortably and there is no crack.

I'm pretty sure it is this line: Curve ID
http://us.levi.com/family/index.jsp?cat ... 79.3146880

I also bought a great pair of Seven jeans from Ross. I also like Not your daughter's jeans although they are pricey even if you find a really good sale but I like them because I have a belly as well as a booty.

I also found stretch jeans do better than pure jean jeans. The stretch tends to have forgiveness while if I wear no-stretch jeans, they tend to stretch out and start falling down. I guess that is why people wear belts though?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:39 am 
Chard Martyr

Gap also has "short," "regular," and "long." Good point, I forgot about length. Oh, but if you do go with Gap, be sure to try on every single pair! I liked the pair I got in a darker wash, but I initially tried it on in a lighter wash- I almost just bought it in the darker wash, but it would have been too big! I ended up going with a smaller size in the darker wash. It was weird.

linanil, I don't know if you have Stein Mart by you, but I'm almost positive I've seen Seven jeans there, and they always have sales on top of already being pretty well-priced.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:26 am 
Human Gravy

I thought of one- Levis Curvy Skinny 528.

They sit higher in the back than the front, so they cover the butt (unlike the 524).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:47 am 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

I have the jean gap issue, and Ann Taylor/Ann Taylor Loft curvy pants always fit me. They're definitely more expensive though. But if I shop at the Loft or the outlet store and get things from the clearance rack, it's not bad. Sometimes the Gap jeans everyone else is talking about fit me well, but the sizing isn't as consistent. So I still end up trying on 20 pairs of pants to find one that fits.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:46 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

CharleeLou wrote:
You should go to a resale clothing store. that way you can try on lots of brands of jeans and can get a nicer used pair for the same price as a new sub quality pair.

yup, I need to do this again cause I went down a size. I had a few pairs of apple bottom jeans that fit awesome but the downside to losing weight is the expense and the time of finding more jeans. I also wear long and lean tanks from target to pull down in case of accidental mooning.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:34 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Aeropostal jeans fit my big ol' butt. They are cheap too. At old navy the one cut fits me-I think it is the divas and they call them a mid rise.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:58 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Nora wrote:
Gap jeans are great because they're a little higher rise but they don't look weird.

I agree about Gap jeans, I find they fit me the best out of any jeans I've ever bought.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:14 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I like to go to stores to try on jeans and find a brand or style I like, then scour thrift stores for them. Gap jeans have always worked for me and this weekend I tried on some at the Limited that were a nice rise and didn't seem like they would constantly fall down. Now I have to add them to my list of thrifting goals.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:52 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I like the old navy diva ones. I have the big hips but no booty, so I have to get the slim fit through the thighs to make the most of what I'm working with. I don't know what size you are, but lane bryant has right fit that are meant to work for "little in the middle but she pack much back" gals. I am super short so I have to get low rise jeans or else I have to pull them up to my boobs.

boychucker.blogspot.com
twitter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:14 am 
Nailed to the V

I have a big butt and tend to have a gap in the waist with jeans. I have difficulty finding jeans that fit well. However, I have had some luck with the long and lean from the gap, and I am not lean. I also got some from the loft on clearance for twenty bucks that fit really well.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:54 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

hm...maybe i should try on some gap jeans. i have same big hips problems so the waist is always too big! thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:43 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I just got some Gap 'curvy' jeans that are the best ones I've had in years. I am 5'7 and mysteriously the ankle length were right for me.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:01 pm 
Nailed to the V

I have a booty!! Jeans are something I hate hate hate to shop for.

The only ones that I buy now are Express curvy fit (I have NO idea what the real name is) they are high enough in the back without going too high and fit around my rear without being too loose on the legs. I love them.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:47 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

I need to find jeans that don't stretch out and fall down an hour after I put them on. They start out fitting just right, and then they end up all baggy-ass. Obviously I'm missing some big secret of jean-wearing because I've never figured out how people avoid this, other than buying them uncomfortably tight to begin with. I don't like wearing a belt because I don't like that weird belt bulge around my waist.

Last edited by ashley on Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:48 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

ashley wrote:
I need to find jeans that don't stretch out and fall down an hour after I put them on. They start out fitting just right, and then they end up all baggy-asparagus. Obviously I'm missing some big secret of jean-wearing because I've never figured out how people avoid this. I don't like wearing a belt because I don't like that weird belt bulge around my waist.

yeah, i definitely don't understand how this is accomplished! i have this awesome pair of cords from old navy that fit me so well out of the dryer and then they get so baggy! i hate it. i really hate pants!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:53 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

ijustdiedinside wrote:
ashley wrote:
I need to find jeans that don't stretch out and fall down an hour after I put them on. They start out fitting just right, and then they end up all baggy-asparagus. Obviously I'm missing some big secret of jean-wearing because I've never figured out how people avoid this. I don't like wearing a belt because I don't like that weird belt bulge around my waist.

yeah, i definitely don't understand how this is accomplished! i have this awesome pair of cords from old navy that fit me so well out of the dryer and then they get so baggy! i hate it. i really hate pants!

I have a lot of Old Navy pants (they end up in thrift stores a lot for some reason), and it's the same situation with all of them for me, too. Of course, this problem is not exclusive to Old Navy. I have exactly one pair of jeans than still look okay when they've stretched, and they're a very old thrifted pair of Levis. sigh.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:34 am 
Bathes in Braggs

Allison, not Alison wrote:
I thought of one- Levis Curvy Skinny 528.

They sit higher in the back than the front, so they cover the butt (unlike the 524).

THIS!!! And I found some on sale once at Macy's or someplace... I bought like 5 pairs for $95 like 5 years ago or whatever.. A long time ago for me since I normally donate/hand down clothes to my sisters. It was awesome. I still wear those suckers and they're actually quite durable, considering Levi's quality has gone downhill.

One of my more expensive jeans purchase ($76 for these on sale Citizens of Humanity jeans) were mid-rise and they definitely very cute and they covered my booty split, but they did that dumb thread-bearing/hole generating thing at the inner thighs! AGH!! And my legs are SKINNY and barely rub in that area! Like, ferreal. That was not cool, COH. Not cool.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:38 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

buy jeans that don't have spandex in them