| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 50  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Unstoppable Thread of Vegan Shoe Coveting
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:13 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I guess I just needed one person to say "buy them!" because I did immediately after I saw that. Not available until the 25th though, apparently. Poops.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:36 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I love them! I'd definitely change the laces though.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:56 am 
Baking In The Flavor

Haven't had a chance to search this whole thread yet so I'm sorry if these re already mentioned. My favorite vegan kicks are the macbeth eliot. I have em in the brown plaid and I'm thinking about getting the black ones when my black lo top converse all-stars bite the dust.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:11 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

So those boots I ordered were backordered for like a month, and they just canceled my order. Apparently the supplier never sent the shipment. =(

I like the other ones, but not nearly as much after pining over those for a month. May or may not order a different pair. I'm sad!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:29 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

picked up some sweet all man-made $14 black on black on black canvas sneaker things at payless today.
(I needed "practical" shoes for werk and school, gross)

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:39 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

booberthefraggle wrote:
picked up some sweet all man-made $14 black on black on black canvas sneaker things at payless today.
(I needed "practical" shoes for werk and school, gross)

I have these for work too!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:41 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

twinsies!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:56 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

creep wrote:
So those boots I ordered were backordered for like a month, and they just canceled my order. Apparently the supplier never sent the shipment. =(

I like the other ones, but not nearly as much after pining over those for a month. May or may not order a different pair. I'm sad!

I found them on the manufacturer's website! A few dollars cheaper after shipping and not having to pay tax.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:43 pm 
Saggy Butt

Prepare to be dazzled:

http://www.melissa.com.br/en/collection ... incense-ii

I rarely wear heels, but those wings! WINGS! Luckily, I can't afford them.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:35 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

those are amazing!! I'm way to tall for them, but I adore the white pair with the black wings.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:31 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

creep wrote:
creep wrote:

I found them on the manufacturer's website! A few dollars cheaper after shipping and not having to pay tax.

The ones from Urban Outfitters? Those were awesome and I was thinking about ordering them myself.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:28 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

these dr. m's.

http://www.drmartenscanada.ca/shoreditc ... 24004.html

they look like they go with a lot and with a lot of seasons.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:53 pm 
Naked Under Apron

Rebekah wrote:
Prepare to be dazzled:

http://www.melissa.com.br/en/collection ... incense-ii

I rarely wear heels, but those wings! WINGS! Luckily, I can't afford them.

Those are cute! I like the white and black. I'm ashamed to say that I have a cute pair of Melissa heels that I've never worn. :/ At some point I bought a bunch of heels and then immediately started only wearing flats. And my feet are lazy now.

eta: I like these wedges too! http://www.melissa.com.br/en/collection ... atchuli-vi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:07 pm 
Saggy Butt

Amy, perhaps your feet are just exercising self-preservation. High heels are no friend to feet.

I wonder how comfortable Melissa heels would be... too sweaty? Is there any padding? I have a pair of Melissa flats (Zig Zag), which aren't too sweaty, but I wish they came in half sizes. Some of us NEED those half sizes!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:27 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I've got a pair of Mel by Melissa peep toe heels and they're fine, actually pretty comfortable. I did put cheap gel insoles from the drugstore in them and that helped, those ones that just go under the ball of feet like these:

http://www.cvs.com/shop/product-detail/ ... uId=789275

I haven't noticed them being sweaty, but I've only worn them with pantyhose.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:29 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

oh also, about the sizes, for once in my life I actually size down with Melissa. I wear a 9.5 typically but 9's fit me fine. It might be different with flats than with heels though.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:51 am 
Saggy Butt

Quarantined, thank you for the Melissa review!

My zig zags are a little too narrow and a little too long, despite sizing down. I need to either 1) find a place to try on Melissas in real life or 2) accept that their foot model isn't built like me.

Speaking of expensive things I bought online and lived to partially regret, I finally tried out my Mohops this week and hooooo boy, is there a learning curve. Ether there's an art to wearing these shoes, or the design is fundamentally flawed, or... Something.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:36 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

ugggh I just got a new pair of ankle boots from Vegetarian Shoes and they fit ok, and are even a bit big, but they're rubbing my left little toe in a horribly painful way. This is the third day I've worn them in an attempt to break them in, but now I can barely walk. has anyone used one of those shoe stretcher thingies? I'm think maybe if I just stretch out that one spot. Or maybe the problem is that they're a bit big and are therefore rubbing?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:17 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

blondiefk wrote:
The ones from Urban Outfitters? Those were awesome and I was thinking about ordering them myself.

Yep! It looks like the quilted ones I bought are sold out, but they have burgundy and green and a few other styles I was coveting too. Might still be worth checking out. http://y-r-u.com/shop/

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:48 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Quarantined wrote:
ugggh I just got a new pair of ankle boots from Vegetarian Shoes and they fit ok, and are even a bit big, but they're rubbing my left little toe in a horribly painful way. This is the third day I've worn them in an attempt to break them in, but now I can barely walk. has anyone used one of those shoe stretcher thingies? I'm think maybe if I just stretch out that one spot. Or maybe the problem is that they're a bit big and are therefore rubbing?

Oh man that sucks, it usually takes me 2 weeks of solid wear before shoes stop giving me blisters, wear big socks and learn to love pain?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:37 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Quarantined wrote:

If they're too big maybe inserts would help? I put them in a pair of Vegetarian Shoes motorcycle boots that were too big.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:41 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

thanks boober and blondiefk- yeah I'm the queen of insoles. I actually already had a pair of insoles in them, but they were still loose, so today I added a second pair of sport insoles I picked up at the drugstore. Now they're tight on top but I think the little toe issue is better, so I'll give the insoles some time to sort of flatten and see how it goes. This is becoming a comedy of insoles.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:28 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Tynamite wrote:
Haven't had a chance to search this whole thread yet so I'm sorry if these re already mentioned. My favorite vegan kicks are the macbeth eliot. I have em in the brown plaid and I'm thinking about getting the black ones when my black lo top converse all-stars bite the dust.

These are snazzy. Where did you get them?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:31 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Rebekah wrote:

Speaking of expensive things I bought online and lived to partially regret, I finally tried out my Mohops this week and hooooo boy, is there a learning curve. Ether there's an art to wearing these shoes, or the design is fundamentally flawed, or... Something.

I just got a pair, the sandals arrived just in time for boots weather. And yeah...learning curve. Though I haven't given up! I rarely splurge like that so I will have to learn one way or another.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:42 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I need some cheap black cowboy boots for a Halloween costume. $30-40 or less would be nice. It would be even nicer if they were on the verge of fashionable so I'll enjoy wearing them after the holiday. 1-2-3 GO!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 50  Next