| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1499 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60
 Post subject: Re: The Unstoppable Thread of Vegan Shoe Coveting
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:02 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

icy wrote:
Anyone with mohop clogs have further updates? Are they still comfortable and in decent shape after a couple of months?

I just sent back a pair of shoes from asos! They were a style I wanted exactly, seemed decently made - but were too big, alas. Those are definitely not real suede, gwenlet! good luck!

I have two pair of Mohop clogs. They are just gorgeous. I get compliments every time I wear them. I have one low pair, one medium. Both are extremely comfortable and I wear them to walk around town.

My only problem is that on both pair, I've had problems with the front parts near the toes starting to come loose, after very littlest wear. One on pair, two of the nails that hold the faux suede down fell off while I was wearing them, and the nails in the same place came loose on the other pair. I wrote Mohop and they have provided outstanding customer service-- they are remaking the pair with the lost nails free of charge. I think since the product is new and each pair is handmade they were working out kinks. I really recommend the shoes and the company.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:50 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

molasses jane wrote:
I have two pair of Mohop clogs. They are just gorgeous. I get compliments every time I wear them. I have one low pair, one medium. Both are extremely comfortable and I wear them to walk around town.

My only problem is that on both pair, I've had problems with the front parts near the toes starting to come loose, after very littlest wear. One on pair, two of the nails that hold the faux suede down fell off while I was wearing them, and the nails in the same place came loose on the other pair. I wrote Mohop and they have provided outstanding customer service-- they are remaking the pair with the lost nails free of charge. I think since the product is new and each pair is handmade they were working out kinks. I really recommend the shoes and the company.

Awesome! Thank you so much for sharing..

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:02 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Mohop is having their spring sale right now. 30% off all the new wooden clogs.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:38 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I may have posted about this before, I'm not sure, but it's a little more pressing now that my accidentally vegan Sanitas exploded. To be clear, they had a good long run of almost a decade! But now I'm more or less stuck in galoshes.

Danskos and Sanitas are basically my perfect shoe. They are aces for my feet and back and for long walks. Clod-hopping clogs? Yes, please! The chunkier the better and I'm a sucker for a Mary Jane. But I can't seem to find a simple black closed back pair. Silver? Sequins? Yes. I have found them. Do you want them? will send you a link. But can you help me find a plain black faux leather clog?

Help me PPK! You're my only hope!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:19 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Good luck--I'm in the same boat.

I was looking at the Michael Kors wedges in hot pink. I have a cream pair from 5 years ago; they are sturdy and I can walk in them and I'd love another color.

The mustards are now using leather insoles. Mine are all linen canvas.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:36 pm 

This aren't exactly right, but maybe close? http://www.zappos.com/jbu-trailhead-black

and you probably saw these.. next exactly black.. :/ http://www.planetshoes.com/item/sanita- ... /45926/119

maybe close, too? https://www.sanita.com/p-100423-sanita- ... ipity.aspx

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:11 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Have you tried eBay? I just bought a pair of my beloved Dansko Veda sneakers and saw some vegan Dansko clogs (Volley style) when I was looking and just did a quick search again for 'vegan black clogs' that pulled up 96 items.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:01 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I don't know anything about clogs, but I've found a LOT of stuff I like through the fashion victimless Instagram account-it's been a really great way for me to learn about new vegan brands.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:59 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

icy, you're so sweet to sneak a peek! Yeah, those Sanitas are both on my b-list.

blondieafk, I haven't checked eBay in a while! A good reminder. I'm either a very popular size (auctions already snapped up) or a very unpopular size (auctions rarely listed).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:03 pm 

I was surprised by the lack of basic black! Feel like last time I looked, there were so many.. that was a few years ago.. I know the Jambu's aren't it, but they have proven to be pretty stable and comfortable for me, so maybe worth a look around at them and their other styles?

Guessing crocs probably doesn't have that style. Actually...? Maybe: http://www.crocs.com/p/crocs-neira-work ... 6#start=10

Yes, ebay might have something.

El Naturalista has (had?) a pair of clog type shoes.. but they were open back. So.. nevermind!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:06 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

madeleine.teacup wrote:
icy, you're so sweet to sneak a peek! Yeah, those Sanitas are both on my b-list.

blondieafk, I haven't checked eBay in a while! A good reminder. I'm either a very popular size (auctions already snapped up) or a very unpopular size (auctions rarely listed).

Yeah I'm a really popular size and Vedas have been out of production for two years so I was hapoy/surprised to find a pair in my size.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:25 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

The leopard oxfords I ordered from Golden Ponies came today. So about six weeks from when I ordered, which was fine for me and I feel like they're very upfront about the time it will take. Out of the box, I was a little put off by the fabric. It kind of looks like the fur off a stuffed animal out of a claw machine at the skate rink - very shiny, very fake. But once I put them on I warmed up to it. From far away it's more of a sheen than a shine and I like it. The fit is good, although the tongue seems weirdly short. The quality doesn't seem like anything great - cheap laces, very thin soles - but that's kind of what I was expecting. I'm happy with them for fun shoes that I don't plan to wear all the time.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:05 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Vagabond has a vegan shoe line now: https://www.vagabond.com/dk/Shoemakers/Non-animal/ !!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:59 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

smoothie wrote:
Vagabond has a vegan shoe line now: https://www.vagabond.com/dk/Shoemakers/Non-animal/ !!!

I love those - so 90s! I wonder if they ship to the US...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:32 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

I ordered two pairs of work shoes from Target's collaboration with dolce vita (these and these).

I like them in theory, but I definitely could have gone down a half size in both and I'm not entirely sure about the pointy toes. They make my feet feel large.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:37 am 
Tofu Pup

Not to hijack the thread but if anyone is interested in a boot trade I have some Vegetarian Shoes Boulder boots that are just too small for me!

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=34857

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 3:55 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Seeing as my Wills Vegan Shoes derbies have turned out to be so good for work, I decided to treat myself to another pair of Will's shoes, wine loafers https://wills-vegan-shoes.com/vegan-womens-wine-loafers.html. I've never had loafers before, but I love the colour, and I think they'll be a nice change from black for the summer.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 5:24 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I just splurged on cute shoes! I love the little charm. I got the purple/plum color. I hope they fit since I usually wear 9.5 and these don't have half sizes.

http://www.coach.com/coach-designer-san ... 9+++B.html

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 7:36 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Pretty! I love the color.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 7:56 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

The color is what finally sucked me in. My mom showed them to me a month or so ago and I resisted, hoping they would go on sale.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 6:34 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'm looking for sandals that aren't ugly or sports sandals that offer good support. I was recently diagnosed with plantar fasciitis and I'm not supposed to wear flat shoes anymore.I have a pair of Dansko sandals that aren't vegan I rediscovered when I moved but I'd really like to find vegan not ugly sandals with support.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:44 am 
Discovered unobtainium

The Coach sandals I got are on sale now for a much more reasonable, if still splurgy, $49 and free shipping. Luckily, it's within the window for me to get a price adjustment.

Most sizes are gone, or I'd buy another color. They are really comfortable and cute. The jelly isn't sticky; it's really soft and they are not flimsy. Obviously, not really any support, but they are comfy to wear.

No half sizes, but I went with the 9 instead of 9.5 and they are fine. I probably could have gone either 9 or 10.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:20 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I really want a pair of boots from the new Matt and Nat collection. But chocolate brown boots are really the last thing I need. I have loads. But then I only really wear chocolate brown boots. Agh.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:03 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

If you buy them and give us photos and a full quality/comfort review, you won't but be buying boots--you'll be performing a community service.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1499 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60