| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 50  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Unstoppable Thread of Vegan Shoe Coveting
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:35 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

New Cri de Coeur/Heart of Darkness

http://cridecoeur.myshopify.com/products/copy-of-chief-slip-on-bootie-black

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:35 pm 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

Am I the only who cringed that the "western-wear" boots the fringe are called Native?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:49 am 

Thessaly wrote:
Am I the only who cringed that the "western-wear" boots the fringe are called Native?

Absolutely not. Well, at least I did, too. It makes me feel bad getting anything from this company now, even though I kind of love those boots.

ETA: I like supporting vegan companies though, so I'm at a loss. I don't have $140 to spend on shoes though, so it's a non-issue at the moment.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:10 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Damn. Almost all heels I like are like 5" and I hate towering over people. This is why I never dress up.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:40 am 
Memorized Veganomicon

EllaGuru wrote:
Oh my! where did you get those ? They give me the best memories of hanging at goth clubs in the 90's. I need!
I found them here http://www.ethicalwares.com/positively- ... ent-5.html but the site seemed dead so I trawled (nv) the internet and found them on here http://www.pennangalan.co.uk/

BUT they're being wankers and taking years. They said the boots were ready more than a month ago but the PayPal request wasn't coming through. I eventually managed to pay and now they're saying they need time to make them all over again, what the fizzle.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:29 pm 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

ndpittman wrote:
Thessaly wrote:

Absolutely not. Well, at least I did, too. It makes me feel bad getting anything from this company now, even though I kind of love those boots.

ETA: I like supporting vegan companies though, so I'm at a loss. I don't have $140 to spend on shoes though, so it's a non-issue at the moment.

Yeah I just got some of their fall line boots on sale on Amazon... I hate that so many companies try so hard to be hip that that it just ends up backfiring horribly!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:02 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

Crusty Rat wrote:
EllaGuru wrote:
Oh my! where did you get those ? They give me the best memories of hanging at goth clubs in the 90's. I need!
I found them here http://www.ethicalwares.com/positively- ... ent-5.html but the site seemed dead so I trawled (nv) the internet and found them on here http://www.pennangalan.co.uk/

BUT they're being wankers and taking years. They said the boots were ready more than a month ago but the PayPal request wasn't coming through. I eventually managed to pay and now they're saying they need time to make them all over again, what the fizzle.

I don't know what you mean by the site being dead, but I got a pair of winklepickers from Ethical Wares for Christmas. These, in case anyone's wondering. I always feel very '80s or '90s goth when wearing them.

I considered Pennangalan too, but the whole custom process stressed me out. Plus the Ethical Wares ones are on sale (being discontinued, I guess?). I hope it works out for you!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:26 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I did a search but didn't find anybody coveting mohops, which shocks me. Do you all know something I don't?

http://www.mohop.com

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant... I can finally have (make) cute strappy girly sandals that don't have a 17" heel! Take that, jerky shoe mfr people who only make low heel shoes in ugly colors and/or "old lady."

I love those delusional first few minutes of the day where I grossly underestimate my love of sleep. -lurky mclurkerson

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:18 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Okay, they are pretty expensive. But since one pair can easily cover all my dress-shoe needs, I'm splurging the last remaining bit of my Christmas money savings on one. EEEEEEEEE!

I love those delusional first few minutes of the day where I grossly underestimate my love of sleep. -lurky mclurkerson

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:20 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Mack the Spork wrote:
I did a search but didn't find anybody coveting mohops, which shocks me. Do you all know something I don't?

http://www.mohop.com

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant... I can finally have (make) cute strappy girly sandals that don't have a 17" heel! Take that, jerky shoe mfr people who only make low heel shoes in ugly colors and/or "old lady."

I own a pair! They are awesome! I will say I don't wear them as much as I should because I am too lazy to tie them. But when I do I am happy. They are very comfortable.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:24 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I wouldn't mind having a pair of Mohops! They've been on my want list for a couple of years now, actually.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:11 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

fisticuffs wrote:
I wouldn't mind having a pair of Mohops! They've been on my want list for a couple of years now, actually.

I think the flat ones are really cute - but do they have to be so expensive???!!!??? o.O

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:49 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

heathergalaxy wrote:
I own a pair! They are awesome! I will say I don't wear them as much as I should because I am too lazy to tie them. But when I do I am happy. They are very comfortable.

Yay! I have heard a couple places that they are very comfortable but I was still doubting. That's what I'm most excited about. I just want shoes that can be dressy, are comfy, and aren't either super dowdy or super high heels.

Phoenix wrote:
fisticuffs wrote:

I think the flat ones are really cute - but do they have to be so expensive???!!!??? o.O

Yeah after I looked at them some more I figured that was why there wasn't a lot of chatting about them... They are pretty pricey, but in the end I gave in. They're sustainable, made in the USA, versatile, lots of things I've been looking for. I had some "don't know what to get you so here's money" left over from xmas, so I ordered a pair!!!!!! I will model them for you all when they come in. :) (I will paint my toes pretty first.)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:53 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

ok anyone know of a company making all-black (including the sole) hi-tops for men? It's the only type of non-boot footwear my boyfriend will wear. He's been wearing Draven Duane Peters line for the last few years but it appears they've stopped making them! Vans has several vegan all-black shoes but not hi-tops. Picky picky, I know.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:00 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I've been wanting an ankle boot style of shoe, and considered getting vegan Dr. Martens (even though they are pretty far our of my normal price range for shoes), but found these Bogs instead, and I am enjoying them so much!

The one pair of waterproof shoes I have are rain boots, but sometimes I don't feel like wearing large boots, and when I'm on my bike my rain cape tends to deposits water directly into the open top of my boots.
These little guys are working out really well.
The tongue flap is sort of accordion style so they can be almost fully submerged without water getting in.
It was tough to pick a color, but I just went with black. Classic black.

http://www.bogsfootwear.com/shop/styles ... age-1.html
I like all of the Charlot style boots. I tried on a pair of taller boots with handles just for fun, and they were the most comfortable boots I've ever put on my feet. Warm, too.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:15 pm 

Audrey wrote:
ok anyone know of a company making all-black (including the sole) hi-tops for men? It's the only type of non-boot footwear my boyfriend will wear. He's been wearing Draven Duane Peters line for the last few years but it appears they've stopped making them! Vans has several vegan all-black shoes but not hi-tops. Picky picky, I know.

Macbeth or Ethletic shoes? I know Ethletic makes all black high tops (they look like Converse, but are vegan and fairly produced).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:42 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

fisticuffs wrote:

Well they're handmade in Chicago (I mean, she has a workshop, but we're talking super low volume and tons of QA). The flats are just $77.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:35 am 
Lubes With Earth Balance

ndpittman wrote:
Audrey wrote:

Macbeth or Ethletic shoes? I know Ethletic makes all black high tops (they look like Converse, but are vegan and fairly produced).

oooh thanks! the Ethletics look perfect!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:22 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

I went shopping on the weekend and splurged on my first pairs of Melissa's shoes. I suck at inserting pictures... http://www.gravitypope.com/shoes/produc ... 96-cristal and the other ones are a pair of ballet flats that aren't on the Gravity Pope website although they were in the store. The one thing that confuses me is that the wedges are a size 6 and the flats are a size 7 (my toes hit the end of the size 6). I have considered ordering a pair online but I still don't know exactly what size I would be.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:36 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

with these fabulous boots i could be sarah conner. i want them. (it won't let me copy the pic but they're brown motorcycle boots)

http://www.polyvore.com/call_it_spring_ ... d=45755551

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:40 am 
Memorized Veganomicon

kohlrabenschwarz wrote:
I don't know what you mean by the site being dead, but I got a pair of winklepickers from Ethical Wares for Christmas. These, in case anyone's wondering. I always feel very '80s or '90s goth when wearing them.

I considered Pennangalan too, but the whole custom process stressed me out. Plus the Ethical Wares ones are on sale (being discontinued, I guess?). I hope it works out for you!

Oh, ethicalwares didn't have them in my size so I emailed but got no response. Pennangalan sold my shoes to someone else and are making some more now, maybe they'll arrive by the end of the year.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:27 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

OH GOD THERE'S ONLY ONE PAIR LEFT.

Modcloth needs to stop telling me about things like that. I can't deal with that kind of pressure.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:23 pm 
Tofu Pup

I love Novacas shoes! Too bad these ones are a bit too too expensive $170 ish. I've been humming and harring over these ones for too long, maybe I need to bite the bullet.

My Blog: http://needfulthings.co.nz/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:40 am 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

Erinnerung wrote:

OH GOD THERE'S ONLY ONE PAIR LEFT.

Modcloth needs to stop telling me about things like that. I can't deal with that kind of pressure.

HOLY crepe.

Those are amazing.

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:00 am 

http://www.lovingeco.com/brand/cri-de-coeur?m=sale/

Loving Eco is having a 70% off sale on a couple of shoes. I'm not getting any, but I had the ballet flats in my cart. I really like to try shoes on though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 50  Next