| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: The what I'm not buying thread...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:39 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

I need to make a list like this.

For me I should probably do MORE shopping online as I am much more likely to stick to what I need.

I can be a horrible impulse buyer when I see things in person (lip gloss anyone?).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:46 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Puma wrote:
So lets talk about using up the partials. I have 30 or so partial lotions. Should I use the most empty first every day until its gone or mix it up so it's like getting a new one every few days? I feel like I accomplished something when I use the whole thing-it never happens but when it does it is so gratifying!
I just got all excited because I found a bottle of kiss my face lotion I forgot I had! I just got out of the shower but I want to take another so I can put that lotion on instead of the stuff I have on.

This is a good plan. I think I'll arrange mine in order from "least amount left" to "most amount left" and use them up in that order. It will feel so good to get rid of some of these bottles in my bathroom! (Now if I can just keep myself from keeping all of the empty bottles thinking "oh, this will be so good to keep for travel" or "oh, I will use these empties to put my own creations in", because I already have a hundred empty bottles!)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:24 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Puma wrote:
So lets talk about using up the partials. I have 30 or so partial lotions. Should I use the most empty first every day until its gone or mix it up so it's like getting a new one every few days? I feel like I accomplished something when I use the whole thing-it never happens but when it does it is so gratifying!
I just got all excited because I found a bottle of kiss my face lotion I forgot I had! I just got out of the shower but I want to take another so I can put that lotion on instead of the stuff I have on.

If I were your neighbor I would love to help you. I don't buy lotion. That would go under the "too cheap to buy reasonably priced items" thread.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:15 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I discovered Yarntopia Treasures yarn a couple of days ago. It is a daily struggle not to buy yarn to make myself cute things. Especially because I keep a tab of the website open...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:15 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

*Clothes, until such time as I lose weight or unless I need something specific for a new job. My current office is casual to the point that no one says anything unless you show up in shorts, but I am about to be laid off.

*Kitchen stuff, unless something breaks or I get money for a gift.

*Bread, other than things like tortillas that take ridiculous amounts of time to make from scratch. I will be making all my regular loaf bread from here on out.

*Books, until I read the ones I have. And definitely use the library more - I love the library, but I tend to buy books instead of checking them out, and there's not always a need for this.

*Coffee, other than the kind you make at home.

*Soda, unless on a road trip.

*I also need to stay the hell out of Asian markets unless I'm looking for specific items, because I will spend ridiculous amounts on impulse purchases.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:18 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

I keep telling myself I need to stop buying toiletries, but then Lush had it's yearly sale. I cut way back, but I don't really need that much soap.

I also need to stop buying groceries and just use up what I have in my cupboards and fridge.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:18 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Toiletries! I am glad I am not the only person out there that collects shampoo and moisturizer. I have a hard time not buying new make up, even though I have tons at the house. I just love it, can't help it. Same with clothes, just love it. Expensive love affair.
I am pretty good about not buying too many groceries or stuff for the house.
I will try to cut down on my clothes and make up though because I want to save some money.
I also have a bag addiction. It's terrible.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:59 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

This might seem obvious but I'm always afraid of making something ugly with fabric but I just thought today, if I use it up I get to buy more. Here's to lots of projects, some of them might be ugly but I will have fun!