| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: glitter sniffer cosmetic recall
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:10 pm 
Inflexitarian

Every time I stop by this subforum and see this thread still going strong, I say a quiet "What the fizzle?" It's hard to believe this saga is still being played out and this woman continues to find new outlets for ripping people off.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:26 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

this whole story is mad.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:04 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Back in business as Glittersniffer! And this time you can feel even more confident since you'll be giving your credit card number directly to Lela! http://glittersniffercomplaints.blogspot.com/2011/07/glittersniffer-cosmetics-duly-noted.html

Before anyone falls for it--let's cover why this is how she's processing payments--Google checkout and Paypal closed her accounts because of fraud. This big tearful "I know I messed up, but I'm going to do it right this time" has been done MANY times before by her. It's a trick. Don't fall for it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:19 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

How am I just finding this now. Thanks for the heads up MBM.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:07 am 
Ninja Master

Ugh, I was just reading the other day about how she's published the name and address of the girl who writes the complaints blog and is threatening to post addresses of her family too. Crazy bisque.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:10 pm 
Inflexitarian

baps wrote:
Ugh, I was just reading the other day about how she's published the name and address of the girl who writes the complaints blog and is threatening to post addresses of her family too. Crazy bisque.

Yea..uhm..when I was in the wonderful world of blogging (not business); I had a dispute with a fellow blogger. She was posting very mean spirited rude photos of young children and picking on them for obesity/disabilities. (over several posts) I had agreed with another blogger who commented this was out of line to take cell phone pictures of children for the sole purpose of making fun of them when you run an "ethical bloggers" group. (yes, this lady ran her own business of branding people ethical) So anyways, she e-mailed me saying I needed to take my comment down from the OTHER person's blog, or she would give out my personal info. I was very insistent no and restated I wasn't going to bow down just because she had more pull. Well, suddenly, it became spam on my old blog (this was when I was a teenager) and other sites about how I was harassing her and threatening her. Then she e-mailed me my full address and phone number, so I just took my own page down and the comment, out of somewhat fear.

Well, just saying, there are seriously mentally ill business owners on the 'net. (not the majority but a few will go to great lengths to protect their business, even if it's an idiotic unsafe eye shadow or branding people ethical)

Lela should totally look into branding people ethical as her next business.

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/GeekKnowledge

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:12 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Lela is one of the worst people i've ever encountered online. Mostly because she just does not stop, it's one bad thing after another!

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:09 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I can't believe this is still ongoing! I haven't heard of Glitter Sniffer before this thread, but I've been hooked in by the complaints blog. I forget about it for a month or so, then I check back and its still going?!

Why are people still ordering from her?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:09 am 

Because they're stupid? Really, even if you don't believe that she stole from people or think it's wrong, she...

...sold items she knew weren't safe to wear, because she just figured no one would care.
...passed of non-vegan items as vegan, and her facebook page still says she's an all vegan company.
...doesn't wear gloves as seen in pictures, and a former employee stated that she goes to the bathroom and smokes without washing her hands, and returns to work.
...told the FDA (the F! D! A!) that she has no intention to EVER wear gloves.
...she repackages, now that she isn't using soap dyes you can get these colors anywhere.
...will threaten you and abuse your information if you get on her bad side.
...blames everyone for ruining her business except the person responsible...her!

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:22 am 

Also, the girl who Lela claims left with all of her ideas, is the woman who basically ran her company for her, named her products, took care off the photoshoots, etc. She worked full-time for Lela and still hasn't been paid thousands of dollars in salary, and she was sexually harassed. So she started her own makeup company, that is actually vegan and has ingredients listed and all of that crazy stuff!

http://www.rockeresque.com

I haven't tried anything yet, but i'm thinking of ordering a sample kit.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:53 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Also, the girl who Lela claims left with all of her ideas, is the woman who basically ran her company for her, named her products, took care off the photoshoots, etc. She worked full-time for Lela and still hasn't been paid thousands of dollars in salary, and she was sexually harassed. So she started her own makeup company, that is actually vegan and has ingredients listed and all of that crazy stuff!

http://www.rockeresque.com

I haven't tried anything yet, but i'm thinking of ordering a sample kit.

This is great to know! I'm going to place my next order with her.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:49 am 

mrsbadmouth wrote:
So uh, for some reason I spent an unhealthy amount of time reading makeup dramz, and I went to catch up on the complaints blog...

http://glittersniffercomplaints.blogspo ... stion.html

So basically, hardly any of her pinks/reds were vegan. And overall, she is still being a shady croissant.

Also, Lime Crime was one of the things I was reading about! Her ED page made me laugh so hard, and then I got to this part:

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Doe_De ... ctivism.22

So uh, don't buy her shiitake either, because I don't trust that any of it is vegan.

I am reviving this thread because Vegansaurus was sent some Lime Crime stuff to review and we had talked about it a little bit (ED is dead now but there are mirror sites for the link I posted last year).

http://vegansaurus.com/post/20168673440

Nevermind the fact that the girl is a nutter who bullies people into not giving her negative reviews and regularly gets caught trolling, she wears fur and the only reason she made her products vegan was a marketing angle. And I still don't trust that they're vegan since she was saying they were vegan when she was using beeswax and carmine. And she overcharges like a mug.

And Glittersniffer is still in business, barely, and using the same stickers that say 'vegan' on them.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:56 am 
Ninja Master

I don't know about other products but there's nothing I could see in the ingredients list for LC's lipsticks that looks non vegan. But I've always heard really bad things about her, the company and the products themselves, so I've always avoided them.

Can't believe GS is still trading.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:05 am 

baps wrote:
I don't know about other products but there's nothing I could see in the ingredients list for LC's lipsticks that looks non vegan. But I've always heard really bad things about her, the company and the products themselves, so I've always avoided them.

Can't believe GS is still trading.

To rephrase, I don't trust that she didn't just omit the non-vegan ingredients from the list. I have no reason to think this and wouldn't buy her makeup anyhow, I just do not trust her and don't want to support her company. Even if I had $16 to spend on what i've read is sub-par lipstick.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:00 pm 
WELFARIST!

I also noticed that Vegansaurus did a piece on Lime Crime today and was pretty peeved. All you have to do is Google "Lime Crime" to see it's a shady business. The person who wrote the piece said that she only saw stuff from 2010 and didn't understand it so she just wrote the piece anyway. Why would you write about something you don't actually understand? You're giving this person exposure and recommending it to tons of people, that's pretty irresponsible, in my opinion.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:46 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I'm wondering which companies are still kosher to rely on for vegan products. I'd prefer to support a smaller buisness if possible but many of them seem to have been less-than-vegan.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:51 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Seriously I think if any vegan blog wants to do makeup reviews they should google check the company! I would never support LC. A lot of these 'vegan' companies are owned by people trying to make a quick buck using the word vegan - their products are not even vegan! I saw a 'vegan' company and everything I saw contained carmine!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:11 am 

Mr. Shankly wrote:
I also noticed that Vegansaurus did a piece on Lime Crime today and was pretty peeved. All you have to do is Google "Lime Crime" to see it's a shady business. The person who wrote the piece said that she only saw stuff from 2010 and didn't understand it so she just wrote the piece anyway. Why would you write about something you don't actually understand? You're giving this person exposure and recommending it to tons of people, that's pretty irresponsible, in my opinion.

To be fair, if I didn't know about the shadiness that can go on in indie makeup, I wouldn't think to google either. LC probably contacted them, not the other way around. I don't think Vegansaurus was in the wrong.

B_A_D, Sugarpill is a good company with lots of vegan products (all of their loose eyeshadows are vegan and a few pressed ones). I've mentioned it in a few threads, but on the homemade front, I buy from Pumpkin and Poppy because the owner herself is vegan. She's also very interactive about what she's making, what ingredients she's using, and she even made a video about what to look for in indie makeup companies:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:51 am 
Ninja Master

Sugarpill's eyeshadows are awesome and the girl that runs it is super lovely too.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:20 pm 
WELFARIST!

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Mr. Shankly wrote:

To be fair, if I didn't know about the shadiness that can go on in indie makeup, I wouldn't think to google either. LC probably contacted them, not the other way around. I don't think Vegansaurus was in the wrong.

The woman who wrote the article stated that she Googled "Lime Crime" and saw all of the stuff about the company but didn't understand it so she just wrote the article anyway. I think that if you see something is really fishy and that a lot of people, vegans included, are pissed off, you should do some research as to why. Talk to people, read about it, try to understand what is going on. Just don't say,"Welp, I don't understand it so I'll write about it anyway!" I still think it's irresponsible.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:27 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Agreed, Shankly.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:28 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Mr. Shankly wrote:
The woman who wrote the article stated that she Googled "Lime Crime" and saw all of the stuff about the company but didn't understand it so she just wrote the article anyway. <snip>
I still think it's irresponsible.

Irresponsible is the most gentle thing I would say about it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:06 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

baps wrote:
Sugarpill's eyeshadows are awesome and the girl that runs it is super lovely too.

Yep, Amy used to be my trading assistant on eBay and she was awesome. Really sweet and extremely professional. I don't wear that kinda makeup anymore or I'd buy from her constantly :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:12 pm 

Guys, Lela has popped back up on Etsy again. Please report her shop, she was kicked off of Etsy and her paypal account was shut down years ago so being on etsy and saying she takes paypal is a big no-no. If I could find out her Paypal email address without buying something, i'd report her to Paypal too.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/GlittersnifferShop

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:41 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Jesus, this woman is like a cockroach. Any idea if that glittersniffer blog knows about her resurfacing?

(I also find this whole saga profoundly sad because she had the ability and marketing savvy to create a nice brand/company for herself. If she had been ethical, she would be making bank. Talk about throwing away awesome opportunities. She would even have a great career in SEO if she wanted.)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next