| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: glitter sniffer cosmetic recall
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:28 am 
Chip Strong

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Business-wise, she is a hot mess. She seems to have a problem with setting boundaries between business and personal.

I don't understand how she still has supporters. There are pictures of pigments being mixed and packed without gloves, she was using soap dyes because she didn't care so why should her customers, and she mad a collection FOR little kids that was made using materials that she knew were unsafe. Who is cool with that and why?

"I use saliva as a binder! It's NATURAL!"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:04 am 
Saggy Butt

wow....its so bad.
i read a bit last night about everything and it seems like it just keeps getting worse.
first there were issues with people not getting orders they had paid for.
then enough people filed disputes with paypal for unfulfilled orders that the account was frozen with a negative balance.
then there was the whole recall issue with the FDA becoming involved, because of soap dyes being used in cosmetic products. then there were further allegations that products were handled and packages in unsanitary conditions. and the whole vegan/non-vegan thing and her admitting that she doesn't even know all the ingredients in all of her products.
then there were allegations that she had raised money (through product sales) for charities/causes and the charities/people never got any money, and that money was used for refunds/paypal disputes.
now there are allegations of tax evasion, more people trying to get money back for recalled products and any other products, and she has started selling products again on her website using yet another paypal address.

i cant see how she wont be shut down and forced to pay quite a bit of money.
there are people claiming to have spent upwards of $1000 on her products over the past year. that is just bananas.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:27 am 
Who's Ted Leo?

I forgot she was doing charity stuff, I felt sorry for people who donated. I thought it sounded off.

She friended me on FB, then friended my boyfriend - I don't know why, spammed us, then we de-friended for her to try again...I do not like that.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:31 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I thought the charity thing was obviously shady because instead of naming specific organizations she would just post, "We're raising money for a charity! Buy/donate!"

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:48 pm 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

I'm glad the stuff I ordered from her never turned up!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:53 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

ladies are posting pics of themselves wearing the non-safe colors on her fan page. so weird.
I don't know what to do with all this flipping eyeshadow now and I don't know where to get it. I heard sugarpill is taking forever with their orders.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:27 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

The girl who runs Sugarpill is awesome! Melisser is friends with her. I don't have any of the products but i've seen plenty of pictures and videos and everyone seems to love it. I wish more of the pressed eyeshadows were vegan, though.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:29 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

jojo wrote:
I'm glad the stuff I ordered from her never turned up!

Yeah, I had an order also not turn up. I made an etsy order right after I moved and my paypal account had my old address still. I sent her an email the same day to make sure she had my correct address, but I never got a response. I sent a couple more emails, but never got a response and my order never showed up. It was only $10 so eventually I just chalked it up to a dumb mistake on my part and let it go.

I'm pretty much sworn off home-brew cosmetics from people on etsy. Unless it's from an established company, or something I make myself so I know what's in it, I'm not putting it on my face.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:40 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

mrsbadmouth wrote:
The girl who runs Sugarpill is awesome! Melisser is friends with her. I don't have any of the products but i've seen plenty of pictures and videos and everyone seems to love it. I wish more of the pressed eyeshadows were vegan, though.

i have some really awesome sugarpill eye shadows. one is a loose one that is hot pink and the color is really vibrant and it stays on really well. the green is a pressed shadow and it's also awesome. i like how the website lists all the vegan ones. i also got them in the mail super quickly in really cute packaging.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:44 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

BluePlasticStraw wrote:
I'm pretty much sworn off home-brew cosmetics from people on etsy. Unless it's from an established company, or something I make myself so I know what's in it, I'm not putting it on my face.

Yup. I'm glad I never ordered from this company; she gave me a bad vibe right from her first post on the forums.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:04 pm 
Who's Ted Leo?

I am not a fan of about 75% of the color-cosmetics I have tried on Etsy. I however do like lip balms and skin care, I feel safer using these than say eye shadows.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:59 pm 
Saggy Butt

paprikapapaya wrote:
BluePlasticStraw wrote:

Yup. I'm glad I never ordered from this company; she gave me a bad vibe right from her first post on the forums.

This. I'm not sure why she wasn't banned since almost all of her posts were spam.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:19 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

I ordered five different eye shadows and solid perfume from her. I ended up with a clear plastic compact filled with a crumbly rainbow mess of shadow- most of it had mixed together during shipping, and I could only use a small amount of each color. Looking back, that's probably a good thing. I pitched the solid perfume in the trash because there was hair in the application tube. She is not pleasant to deal with,either. I emailed about the shadow and she said it wasn't her fault because I'd ordered a mixed color palette. She denied sending furry perfume and refused to give me a refund. I left a negative review and big surprise,it was deleted.
Some people will do anything to make a buck. Lame.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:24 pm 
Chip Strong

I guess if I was going to bother dealing with Etsy makeup sellers, I could just cut out the middle man and buy the same pigments everyone else uses, right? (I probably wouldn't, because loose jars of powder make me want to cry, but still.)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:47 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Lixa wrote:
I guess if I was going to bother dealing with Etsy makeup sellers, I could just cut out the middle man and buy the same pigments everyone else uses, right? (I probably wouldn't, because loose jars of powder make me want to cry, but still.)

If you want to cut the middle man, why not just mix glitter, lanolin, and mercury and apply it to your eye lids? I did it and I'm fine.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:09 pm 
Who's Ted Leo?

girlgerms wrote:
I left a negative review and big surprise,it was deleted.

I hate when sellers do that! I know there are some jerks out there that just love being negative but when something is clearly not right, the seller refuses to do a refund and the only thing left is a honest opinion - then let us have our opinion (and our cake too...).

I was looking at her FB page and tons of people are still using her makeup...Those are some scar minions!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:34 pm 
Ate all the pumpkin seeds

I'm glad that I never ordered from her. I liked the look of the shadows, but the spamming was off putting.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:45 pm 
Semen Strong

Aliks wrote:
The all time favorite thing I read-she sold badger fur brushes but claimed they were ethically shaved badgers.

I have no words

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:12 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Tofulish wrote:
Aliks wrote:
The all time favorite thing I read-she sold beaver fur brushes but claimed they were ethically shaved beavers.

I have no words

how 'bout now?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:09 pm 
Chip Strong

janejellyroll wrote:
Lixa wrote:

If you want to cut the middle man, why not just mix glitter, lanolin, and mercury and apply it to your eye lids? I did it and I'm fine.

You could totally sell it! Just tell people it's natural and vegan.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:30 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

Have you guys HEARD the voicemail?
http://www.mediafire.com/?wdbdz8z7dbb1ivn

It's pretty self-explanatory.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:33 pm 
Spent a night at the Bates Motel

Fee wrote:

whaaaaat?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:57 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

dakini wrote:
Fee wrote:

whaaaaat?

http://glittersniffercomplaints.blogspo ... es_02.html

whoa!

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:00 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

missmuffcake wrote:
never used the samples - since they screamed scary (neon pink mascara in a pot - mascara is something that should not be in a pot due to bacteria)...

yeah I bought her mascara samples and they all came in little pots- I tried them once and they didn't go on well or show up on my lashes.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:59 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Lixa wrote:
janejellyroll wrote:
Lixa wrote:

You could totally sell it! Just tell people it's natural and vegan.

Look, I wanted to do better, but people were demanding it! I had to sell it via lies! What remains of my eyelids are fine!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next