| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mascara
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:59 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

Amy wrote:
andi_vert wrote:
Does anybody know if the Origins mascaras are vegan?
I use this one and I like it : ( but the "gel-based formula" thing seems a bit suspicious to me.

It was my understanding (which is obviously not the same as "this is a fact") that all the Origins mascaras are vegan. The only things I look out for from the company are beeswax and honey. And I actually have the Full Story mascara right now!

I just bought the Full Story mascara a couple of weeks ago. I confirmed that it is vegan and I really like it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:34 pm 
Chip Strong

Unless I can find Manic Panic around here, I might try this one next time as it has no carmine and uses synthetic beeswax:

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.j ... 3#moreInfo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:43 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

OOoooh, Lixa, that looks like a good one!

Stearic Acid --is OK? I always get confused about what ingredients I'm supposed to be looking for. I do not like the Gabriel Color mascara. The brush is great but the formula is wet and I end up looking very spidery.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:05 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I bought some fake natural looking lashes the other day and wore them all day yesterday and out to a show. You can feel that they are on, but made my eyes look amazing and not too obvious dramatic. Getting them on right and putting on the glue is a bit tricky, but I'm sure that will get easier after more use. I will start wearing these when I go out now.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:35 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

ndpittman wrote:
OOoooh, Lixa, that looks like a good one!

Stearic Acid --is OK? I always get confused about what ingredients I'm supposed to be looking for. I do not like the Gabriel Color mascara. The brush is great but the formula is wet and I end up looking very spidery.

stearic acid is one of those ingredients that can be ok or not depending on the source- a lot of places use synthetic sources now but in those cases I would contact the company to ask before buying.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:45 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I got the Wet 'N Wild Megaplump mascara (the non-beeswax one) and really like it. For a mascara under $5, it is pretty darn good and doesn't feel like my lashes have gunk on them.

bird noises | book of faces

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:03 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

ShannonLea wrote:
Amy wrote:
andi_vert wrote:
Does anybody know if the Origins mascaras are vegan?
I use this one and I like it : ( but the "gel-based formula" thing seems a bit suspicious to me.

It was my understanding (which is obviously not the same as "this is a fact") that all the Origins mascaras are vegan. The only things I look out for from the company are beeswax and honey. And I actually have the Full Story mascara right now!

I just bought the Full Story mascara a couple of weeks ago. I confirmed that it is vegan and I really like it.

I bought this yesterday--I'm really excited to try it!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:41 pm 
Chard Martyr

I'm stoked that my friend is moving to London (not really, I'm super sad that she's leaving) but she can send me the infamous Barry M. mascara! Woo!

What's the brush like for the Wet 'n Wild Megaplump? Is it a big brush?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:50 pm 
Mediocre Tart

Dude, I am sending you Barry M mascara when I get paid! No joke!

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

"I just finished building my Irn Bru cellar!" - Steffers!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:17 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

la vie sale wrote:
I bought some fake natural looking lashes the other day and wore them all day yesterday and out to a show. You can feel that they are on, but made my eyes look amazing and not too obvious dramatic. Getting them on right and putting on the glue is a bit tricky, but I'm sure that will get easier after more use. I will start wearing these when I go out now.

If I could find a lash glue without formaldehyde I would rock falsies!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:36 am 
Ninja Master

missmuffcake wrote:
la vie sale wrote:

If I could find a lash glue without formaldehyde I would rock falsies!

I thought Duo was ok but I just googled it and it contains Formulin.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:49 am 
Chip Strong

I should write to sephora. Their Q+A section is not helpful (one answer to "is this vegan?" was "who cares?" [I care, dipshit!])

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:19 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

Lixa wrote:
I should write to sephora. Their Q+A section is not helpful (one answer to "is this vegan?" was "who cares?" [I care, dipshit!])

I need to contact Sephora they have their Cliq skin care labeled as vegan on the site, the sales person was demoing it on my hand, I read the ingredients - far from vegan!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:29 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

missmuffcake wrote:
Lixa wrote:

I need to contact Sephora they have their Cliq skin care labeled as vegan on the site, the sales person was demoing it on my hand, I read the ingredients - far from vegan!

Yeah same thing with the Jack Black lip balm- Sephora lists it as having vegan ingredients but I contacted Jack Black and they told me it has beeswax. I keep meaning to email Sephora about it, will do it right now.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:34 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Quarantined wrote:
missmuffcake wrote:
Lixa wrote:

Yeah same thing with the Jack Black lip balm- Sephora lists it as having vegan ingredients but I contacted Jack Black and they told me it has beeswax. I keep meaning to email Sephora about it, will do it right now.

I have some Jack Black lip balm and it doesn't list beeswax in the ingredient list (but it is a couple of years old, so it's possible that they changed the ingredients at some point).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:40 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Tzippy wrote:
Quarantined wrote:

I have some Jack Black lip balm and it doesn't list beeswax in the ingredient list (but it is a couple of years old, so it's possible that they changed the ingredients at some point).

huh, that's weird- here's the latest exchange I had with Jack Black, about a month ago:

Hi, can you tell me if all flavors of the Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25
are suitable for use by vegans (i.e. do not contain any animal-derived
ingredients such as beeswax, etc.)? Thanks!

Hi Quarantined,

Our Lip Balms are cruelty free, but not vegan.

Thank you for your inquiry,

Patricia

I told her Sephora was listing vegan ingredients then asked her to send me a complete ingredients list so I could forward it to Sephora but she never answered.
Reading this over again though I realized she doesn't actually say it contains beeswax. I will email them again and ask for a complete ingredients list.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:42 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

la vie sale wrote:

Yep, I wear them a lot. I like really natural looking ones by Mod Lash.

Cruelty Free Face
Morrissey Hates Murder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:44 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Those are the ones I have! Bad thing is they don't look so great once you pull them off. I put on mascara to make my own lashes blend in with them.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:32 am 
Baking In The Flavor

i've been using the manic panic mascara & it's really good! not *quite* as volumizing as i'd like....but i want an unnatural, fake-lash look;) it has not smeared, run, flaked, or left little mascara dots on my upper eyelids beneath my brows, which always happens since i'm so oily. that's the test for me! korres was pretty good, but dried out in a month--unacceptable for a $20 mascara! has anyone tried Sante? i might try that one next, but i will definitely repurchase the manic panic:)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:17 pm 
She's No Isa Chandra!

Just bought Zuzu Luxe. They've been out of black at Whole Foods every time I've checked recently, until yesterday. Yay! I'll wear it tomorrow and report back.

Sidenote: Their lipsticks are really nice, really creamy, not messy, and don't have that gross lipstick taste.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:41 am 
She's No Isa Chandra!

Verdict: I like it a lot! I may like Ecco Bella a little bit better, but I haven't had a brand new tube of mascara in months, so I'm not sure if I can remember enough to compare.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:22 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

So is there a vegan lash glue out there or no?

I want to wear falsies for a wedding I'm in next month and I keep hearing conflicting things about adhesives. In a pinch, I have an ancient pregan tube of Duo somewhere but it'd be nice to know what other options there are.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:14 am 
Ninja Master

Duo is vegan as far as I know.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:17 am 
Baking In The Flavor

I got a friend to bring me back a tube of Zuzu Luxe. I love it. More than BarryM (the only other vegan mascara I've liked). And waaaay more than the Beauty Without Cruelty waterproof mascara I bought recently and only used a couple of times because it didn't really do anything.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:01 pm 
Chard Martyr

holylopez wrote:
I got a friend to bring me back a tube of Zuzu Luxe. I love it. More than BarryM (the only other vegan mascara I've liked). And waaaay more than the Beauty Without Cruelty waterproof mascara I bought recently and only used a couple of times because it didn't really do anything.
Since you've had both Zuzu and Barry M, how do the brushes compare? Why do you like Zuzu more than Barry M?

sorry if that's asking you for more information than you wanted to share, I'm just curious because I really wanted to try Barry M, but if you think Zuzu is better, I'd like to know your opinion of why.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 24  Next