| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mascara
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:45 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

I just bought the Gabriel Color Mascara, and I like it a lot! It gives me the natural looking lashes which is what I want. The only down side is it's uberly expensive, meh.

"If I was a celebrity with Twitter, I would totally use it to fork with people" -DangerZone

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 3:32 pm 
Totally sane, not interested in bats whatsoever.

ShannonLea wrote:
Amy wrote:
andi_vert wrote:
Does anybody know if the Origins mascaras are vegan?
I use this one and I like it : ( but the "gel-based formula" thing seems a bit suspicious to me.

It was my understanding (which is obviously not the same as "this is a fact") that all the Origins mascaras are vegan. The only things I look out for from the company are beeswax and honey. And I actually have the Full Story mascara right now!

I just bought the Full Story mascara a couple of weeks ago. I confirmed that it is vegan and I really like it.

Wooo!

I'm buying it again then, i love it.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 4:12 pm 
Naked Under Apron

Meggs wrote:
holylopez wrote:
I got a friend to bring me back a tube of Zuzu Luxe. I love it. More than BarryM (the only other vegan mascara I've liked). And waaaay more than the Beauty Without Cruelty waterproof mascara I bought recently and only used a couple of times because it didn't really do anything.
Since you've had both Zuzu and Barry M, how do the brushes compare? Why do you like Zuzu more than Barry M?

sorry if that's asking you for more information than you wanted to share, I'm just curious because I really wanted to try Barry M, but if you think Zuzu is better, I'd like to know your opinion of why.

I'm curious too! I didn't like Zuzu (too clumpy), but I was considering ordering Barry M.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 5:04 pm 
Chard Martyr

Amy wrote:
I'm curious too! I didn't like Zuzu (too clumpy), but I was considering ordering Barry M.
Truly. I thought I liked Zuzu, but it's so difficult to use. I don't have that much patience. Maybe I'll try Origins?

The hunt for the "perfect" vegan mascara continues...

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:19 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I really like Origins mascara, as well as ZuZu. Origins seems to make my lashes more defined, more precise brush and nice formula.
I want to try the Manic Panic mascara in the next few months.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:37 pm 
Naked Under Apron

I like the Origins Full Story, but not enough not to try something different next. It almost makes my lashes a bit spiky, not soft enough looking. It's been a bit better as it's dried out / thickened up a bit, but it's not up to par with my pregan favorite, so I keep looking!

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 10:26 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Amy wrote:
I like the Origins Full Story, but not enough not to try something different next. It almost makes my lashes a bit spiky, not soft enough looking. It's been a bit better as it's dried out / thickened up a bit, but it's not up to par with my pregan favorite, so I keep looking!

I'm not totally won over by it either. I like it more than Lavera and Gabriel Cosmetics though. It's about equal for me with ZuZu Luxe. I still prefer Korres, but I didn't get a tube that dried out quickly; if I had, that would have made it less favorable for me. I think I'm going to try Manic Panic, and then if I'm not crazy for it, I might just stick with the Korres.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:25 pm 
Tofu Pup

Somewhere else I had read that arbonne was the absolute best. I had to order it through amazon, since it's some kind of Mary Kay like company. I have to say it's just barely okay, but still the best of what I have tried so far. I'm looking for something more dramatic and goopy. I also tried that drugstore brand that's strangely vegan that I can't remember the name of ... that was worse.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:28 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Does anyone know if Mally Beauty mascara is vegan? The only questionable ingredient I see here is glyceryl stearate (stearic acid can be derived from plant or animal sources).

Ingredients: Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Stearic Acid, Acacia Senegal Gum, Triethanolamine, Butylene Glycol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Glyceryl Stearate, Polybutene, Tricontanyl PVP, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Polyquaternium-65, Hydrolyzed Rhodophycea Extract

bird noises | book of faces

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:33 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Has anyone given Manic Panic a good test run yet? My BWC mascara is almost gone so I either need to order a new tube or try another brand.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:35 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

lychee wrote:
Somewhere else I had read that arbonne was the absolute best. I had to order it through amazon, since it's some kind of Mary Kay like company. I have to say it's just barely okay, but still the best of what I have tried so far. I'm looking for something more dramatic and goopy. I also tried that drugstore brand that's strangely vegan that I can't remember the name of ... that was worse.

manic panic collection mascara is awesome! http://www.manicpaniccollection.com/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:33 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Have I said before that I'm loving the Ecco Bella mascara? Because I do. Best of the vegan mascaras I've tried, gives me nice full, dramatic lashes, which is what I'm after. I have to build it up a bit more than I remember doing with non-vegan mascaras, but that's hardly a big deal.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:42 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Has anyone given Manic Panic a good test run yet? My BWC mascara is almost gone so I either need to order a new tube or try another brand.

I've been using it for a while and it's still my favorite I think. It's definitely the most dramatic vegan mascara I've ever used, my only complaint is that it can clump up on the lashes a bit if I'm not careful to wipe off some of the excess before putting it on. But I haven't had any smearing or raccoon eyes or anything.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:02 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I'm back on the hunt. I figured out I was having a minor allergic reaction to the Wet n Wild mascara, so that's out. Then I had a major reaction to something else (red raccoon eyes that were swollen so bad I looked like I got punched in both eyes.) So I'm waiting on the results of my allergy test before venturing into other cosmetics.

I don't know if this is useful to anyone, but I got a pack of lone mascara wands use them to get rid of clumps. It works wonders to separate and fix mascara that wears well but a little too thick.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:12 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Quarantined wrote:
mrsbadmouth wrote:

I've been using it for a while and it's still my favorite I think. It's definitely the most dramatic vegan mascara I've ever used, my only complaint is that it can clump up on the lashes a bit if I'm not careful to wipe off some of the excess before putting it on. But I haven't had any smearing or raccoon eyes or anything.

Yeah, the MP is great. Someone broke mine, wish I had another. :(
I'm loving the Barry M mascara for day wear, great length, buildable.

Cruelty Free Face
Morrissey Hates Murder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:21 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Does anyone know of a nice mascara with a big fat brush? I find the bigger, rounder brushes to be the most effective for my lashes. My pregan fave was Dior Catwalk, the brush looked like this:

Gumboots & Cats Facebook Page
http://www.gumbootsandcats.tumblr.com/
http://www.gumbootsandcats.blogspot.com/
http://www.gumbootscatsvegansnacks.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:43 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

melisser wrote:
Quarantined wrote:
mrsbadmouth wrote:

Yeah, the MP is great. Someone broke mine, wish I had another. :(
I'm loving the Barry M mascara for day wear, great length, buildable.

Melisser, is the MP better than Zuzu Luxe?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:26 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

PBI, i like it tons better than zuzu...less work for way more volume & length:) the formula isn't as wet as zuzu either.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:20 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Momo, i think people have said that the manic panic brush is big and full (i haven't tried it myself), and i use aveda mosscara, and that brush also seems pretty big and full (to me).

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:57 pm 

Momo wrote:
Does anyone know of a nice mascara with a big fat brush? I find the bigger, rounder brushes to be the most effective for my lashes. My pregan fave was Dior Catwalk, the brush looked like this:

Manic Panic has a BIG ol' fatty brush.

Cruelty Free Face
Morrissey Hates Murder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:58 pm 

sharky wrote:
PBI, i like it tons better than zuzu...less work for way more volume & length:) the formula isn't as wet as zuzu either.

I like both. I use Zuzu more currently.

Cruelty Free Face
Morrissey Hates Murder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:12 pm 
Tofu Pup

So I got two kinds of ELF mascara yesterday: Mineral Infused and Lengthening & Volumizing. Because for $1/ea, I can afford two at once. I tried them out today, one on each eye. :p I have long, thin, blonde eyelashes, so I am always looking for volume and intense color in my mascaras.

In short, neither is my favorite mascara of all-time, but they're pretty good, especially for the price point. The mineral infused definitely thickens more than the volumizing, and is overall a thicker, more dramatic mascara. The brush on the mineral infused is slightly rounder/thicker as well, and has a flexible end-tip.

Both brushes are very good at reaching each and every lash, and both mascaras build well, with very little clumping (literally one little clump on one eye). The look from each is very natural, and I prefer a more dramatic look, so I was especially glad about the building aspect.

I haven't left the house with them yet, but if they survive the 103F we've been having lately, ELF might be my new go-to.

PS. They have stearic acid listed on the ingredients (??) but they use synthetic beeswax.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:12 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

!!!!New vegan mascara from Urban Decay!!!!

http://www.urbandecay.com/lush-lash-mas ... refv1=true

I haven't tried it (because I just blew all my money on nail polish, because I'm an asparagus) but I'm going to asap, dammit.

Anybody tried it? Opinions?

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:09 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

jessilikewhoa wrote:
!!!!New vegan mascara from Urban Decay!!!!

http://www.urbandecay.com/lush-lash-mas ... refv1=true

looks nice! I must try this asap.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:58 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

SHUTUP!!!!! I've been dragging my feet on getting a new mascara because I'm grumpy about my options (and technically I have a couple of perfectly good ones that I just don't like).

THIS HAS MADE MY DAY!

ETA: The young lady of Fashion Pirate and Powder Doom reviewed the new UD items here: http://powderdoom.tumblr.com/post/7457072413/urban-decays-new-collection I was going to ask her if she recalled any being vegan, but tumblr isn't as user-friendly for commenting.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 24  Next