| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mascara
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:16 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I need to take a pic of myself in the Urban Decay mascara. It's RIDICULOUS. I can't say that everyone will love it, but I super-duper love it. I don't know if it's the growth serum or what, but my lashes look super long today. I have allergy eyes, so I was going to take out my contacts and wear glasses instead, but I didn't want to deal with my eye lashes thwacking against the glasses. (I know that's a bit silly, but it gets on my nerves, especially because I always get the urge to push my glasses up on the bridge of my nose, then they thwack worse.)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:36 am 
Venomous Head of Veganism

I've been having serious mascara failures. The latest is Manic Panic vamp. Ridiculously clumpy, as if the 90s never happened.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:56 am 

IsaChandra wrote:
I've been having serious mascara failures. The latest is Manic Panic vamp. Ridiculously clumpy, as if the 90s never happened.

I bought that too - after seeing raves for it. I thought I got an old tube. It is a big glob of black mess on the wand...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:28 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

The MP Creature of the Night mascara is pretty good, but you have to wipe the brush REALLY well because so much comes out of the tube. I've had mine for months and i'm still wiping. I do like that it's more dramatic than BWC, but the tube is so huge it's going to take me forever to go through. I wish all cosmetics came in smaller sizes, then I could have two mascaras and switch off.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:01 pm 

You are supposed to get a new tube of mascara every 3 months!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:03 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I thought it was six? Who uses even close to a whole tube in three months?

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:51 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i used to switch every three months religiously, but now i keep forgetting and it stretches out to maybe 4 or 5 (or 6).

still using aveda mosscara and still loving it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:41 pm 

But since mascara is a wet goo near your eyes it can get more bacteria near/in your eyes.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:33 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I am loving the Lush Lash mascara by Urban Decay. Also love Fringe Benefits by Origins. I use mine for almost a year you guys.....

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:26 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

mrsbadmouth wrote:
I wish all cosmetics came in smaller sizes, then I could have two mascaras and switch off.

I've been ranting about this for years. I wish all mascara came in little travel sizes for less money, I would just buy those and then toss them after a few months. Actually I think the UD Lush Lash now comes in a travel size, but not sure if they will always offer it or it's just temporary.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:18 am 
Human Gravy

I may be the outlier here, but I have to say, I really like ELF mascara. Not even the mineral kind. Just the really cheap one that comes in a 3 pack for $3. Now, I to admit that I have a pretty sedentary job and I haven't cried or gotten caught in a rainstorm with it on, but for my day-to-day life it works.

What drives me nuts is when I use other more waterproof brands is that I can't get it all off at the end of the day and then the next morning I go to the gym, sweat, and end up looking like Courtney Love after a bender.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:43 pm 
Inflexitarian

After using the Lush Lash mascara for three months, my lashes are longer and more voluminous. I swear I should write commercials for it. It's seriously the best mascara ever (vegan or not!)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:29 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I finally picked up the Urban Decay - I love it!! The brush is a bit unwieldy for me, but I love the way it makes my lashes look.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:49 pm 
Inflexitarian

I swear to you my lashes have gotten way longer and thicker after using it daily for the last few months. It's amazing.

Edit: haha I forgot I replied Just above. I do sound like a UD hack. But I've never had noticeable lashes before. I'm just so EXCITED!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:19 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

i picked up the lush lash mascara! amazing! the last time i was at sephora it was a no go because they only had the clear lash treatment. so happy with this mascara!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:37 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I have Lush Lash, and am I the only one whose is insanely clumpy? My tube isn't that old. It's really annoying.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:34 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

alice1drland wrote:
I have Lush Lash, and am I the only one whose is insanely clumpy? My tube isn't that old. It's really annoying.

yeah, mine has gone pretty clumpy too and I've only had it about 6 weeks. Next time I'll get Manic Panic again, because I find Lush Lash not worth the hefty price tag.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:47 am 
Ninja Master

I love the new Barry M Lash Modelling mascara. It's fairly cheap, no clumps and I really like the brush. (They ship internationally too!)

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:07 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

well i just opened it so i cannot attest to that. i did notice the tester was mad clumpy, i thought perhaps due to being exposed to air.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:45 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

baps wrote:
I love the new Barry M Lash Modelling mascara. It's fairly cheap, no clumps and I really like the brush. (They ship internationally too!)

Actually I was thinking of ordering that one, too. I loved the 3-in-1 mascara from them. I could use more Dazzle Dust while I'm at it, heh.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:10 am 

I found if I let it dry between coats, the Lush Lash gets clumpy, but if I just pile it on quickly, it doesn't. Plus, I dig in a little with the spiky brush to get separation. I'm also obscenely biased toward the Lush Lash though. And I maybe go for a Tammy Faye Baker look. What?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:18 am 
WRETCHED

I've been dabbling in the make up world again. I've never worn mascara because I never cared for how 'fake' they appeared on me. I'm considering mascara but are there any that are on the more natural looking side? Like maybe you can tell I'm wearing it but it isn't all BLAM MASCARA!!! You know?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:19 am 

I liked Origins Fringe Benefits for a more natural look, but as you can tell from my last post, I'm not at all in to the natural look. I've also heard good things about Aveda's Mosscara.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:36 am 
Naked Under Apron

Huh, I bought my Lush Lash in mid-August and mine really isn't clumpy. I blot the tip of the wand with a tissue first though. Also I think I need to revise my "it's fine" review of it because a near stranger complimented my lashes recently.

For a natural look, I really used to love Beauty Without Cruelty. It doesn't clump or make your lashes feel stiff, and you can build up coats like crazy (if you want to) because of that. They have changed them since the last time I bought one though. I think mine was the Full Volume, not waterproof, but I don't know if the formula is different now or just the packaging.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:59 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

ndpittman wrote:
I liked Origins Fringe Benefits for a more natural look, but as you can tell from my last post, I'm not at all in to the natural look. I've also heard good things about Aveda's Mosscara.

I like a natural-looking mascara, too. I agree the Origins looks pretty natural. I've been wearing something from E.L.F. I think it is from their studio or mineral line. It's not too much, either. I wish it came in brown, but it is only available in black. I believe the Origins mascara comes in brown.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 24  Next