| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mascara
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:31 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

jessilikewhoa wrote:
Yeah, Ulta lists beeswax in the Physicians Formula Organic Wear
http://tinyurl.com/4f26opo

Plus I read on makeupalley that it flakes for some people, and I'm not sure what it is about my eyelashes, but they love to flake.

Uggh, that really peas me off because their website said under the FAQs "Are Organic Wear Products vegan? The formulas of the products are vegan, however, the brush applicators are made of goat-hair." Apparently they don't know what vegan means! I don't even understand why mascara needs beeswax....

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:18 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I was under the impression that indeed the whole line was vegan except the brushes. I looked at their website twice last week. I am going to send them an email.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:05 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

skinnydaisy,

I'm not sure what you mean by dry, the way I would describe my eyelashes with mascara versus without any on is as being stiffer, and sometimes sort of crunchy if I put too much on.

I'd say if you don't like how it feels, which I assume you don't because of the icky feeling, try something else, and see if it's just that Wet n Wild mascara you don't like, or if you just aren't used to mascara yet. Picking out a mascara can be a crepe shoot, what works for one person is awful for another. I have a problem with mascaras flaking (especially Revlon mascaras) and irritating my eyes.

I tend to read the reviews at makeupalley if I'm considering a new product, and I look at the threads here too.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:55 pm 
Tofu Pup

100% Pure is awesome! It even smells really natural and yummy. Its not super easy to get off with just water, so I just use a little oil on a cloth and it comes off.
http://www.100percentpure.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=184

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:00 pm 
Naked Under Apron

It has honey and beeswax though. :/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:03 pm 
Tofu Pup

Amy wrote:
It has honey and beeswax though. :/

crepe are you serious? At the store they told me it was vegan. Guess I won't be buying that again.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:09 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I tried out the new Manic Panic vegan mascara, you can see me applying it in this video:
http://www.crueltyfreeface.com/?p=380

Cruelty Free Face
Morrissey Hates Murder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:50 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Melisser, so cute! The mascara looks great too, how did it wear?

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:58 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

jessilikewhoa wrote:
Melisser, so cute! The mascara looks great too, how did it wear?

You know, I am liking it a lot.. but last night I went out and my black makeup smeared under my eyes. I'm not sure if it was the mascara or the new eyeliner I had just opened. More investigation must be done!

Cruelty Free Face
Morrissey Hates Murder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:02 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

That's good to know about Wet n' Wild, I know it's cheap shiitake, but sometimes I want stuff to practice with or like with mascara, I usually have to order it so if I run out, i'm screwed.

I have a tube of ELF mascara, i'm waiting to run out of my BWC mascara before I crack it open.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:47 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

So excited to try the Manic Panic now, because it looked great in the video, very dark and intense, which is what I want. I don't ever have a problem with mascara smearing, so if it doesn't flake, it'll be fine for me.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:54 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Any ideas on where to find the Manic Panic in a bricks and mortar store? I found it online--only $8! Score!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:55 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I went and looked in our local Hot Topic (and yes, that was traumatic), but they only had their own brand and the MP hair dye.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:57 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

ndpittman wrote:
Any ideas on where to find the Manic Panic in a bricks and mortar store? I found it online--only $8! Score!

I want some too but I'm getting to be insanely cheap about paying shipping costs.

If we get enough Boston peeps together we could get free shipping from manic panic online, but we'd need to order like 7 of them haha.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:03 pm 

Quarantined wrote:
ndpittman wrote:

I want some too but I'm getting to be insanely cheap about paying shipping costs.

If we get enough Boston peeps together we could get free shipping from manic panic online, but we'd need to order like 7 of them haha.

I like the way you think. I've decided that I like shopping too much for online shopping. I like to go and look at stuff in stores. I would really like to try this though. I'm happy with the Korres mascara, but there's room for improvement.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:18 pm 

I bought the WnW 'mega grow complex' - like it - it really gets all the tiny hairs and puts them in place!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:20 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I'm not finding much WnW stuff around here- I checked my local Walgreens and they only had two varieties and were low in stock, I didn't see the Mega Grow I don't think.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:50 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I bought the Megalength WW mascara and it's ok for a more natural look. If you want it to be more dramatic you really have to spend 5 minutes on it layering. I won't buy it again but will try the one Miss Muffcake got. Mine does not really add any length by the way.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:41 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Maybe it works well for me because I have pretty sparse scraggly lashes, so anything is a big improvement.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:05 pm 
Chard Martyr

Momo wrote:
Got this today. In love already. I don't like waterproof mascara, so we'll see what happens as far as it lasting, but today is a good day to test it- rainy, humid, and overall pretty icky outside!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:30 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Meggs wrote:
Momo wrote:
Got this today. In love already. I don't like waterproof mascara, so we'll see what happens as far as it lasting, but today is a good day to test it- rainy, humid, and overall pretty icky outside!

I'm not sure if that's vegan- it doesn't list full ingredients but it's not included on their vegan products page:

http://tartecosmetics.com/tarte-shop-vegan-cosmetics

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:46 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

jessilikewhoa wrote:
We are happy to say that our MegaLength Mascara (as well as all our other
mascaras) are vegan!

This was awesome information but it seems to have changed. I spent a long while staring at two packages of what seemed like the same WnW Megaplump mascara until I figured out the difference is that one is waterproof and one is washable. The waterproof one (maybe it's new) contains beeswax. http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/wet-n-wild-megaplump-waterproof-mascara/ID=prod6015784-product. The packages are really really similar. I ended up buying the Megavolume (washable) and it's a-okay.

Hey it looks like Walgreens.com is pretty good about ingredient lists.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:25 pm 
Chip Strong

ndpittman - Newbury Comics or Hootenanny in Harvard Square might have the Manic Panic Makeup!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:30 pm 
Chard Martyr

Quarantined wrote:
Meggs wrote:
Momo wrote:

I'm not sure if that's vegan- it doesn't list full ingredients but it's not included on their vegan products page:

http://tartecosmetics.com/tarte-shop-vegan-cosmetics
Well crepe, it has the cruelty-free bunny on the packaging...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:30 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Meggs wrote:
Well crepe, it has the cruelty-free bunny on the packaging...

maybe it is vegan and they just mistakenly left it off the page- it's annoying when companies don't list ingredients on the website. Does the packaging list ingredients?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24  Next