| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mascara
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:27 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

amandabear wrote:
Jesslikewhoa, I tried and hated that Wet n Wild mascara. It was so disappointing since I'd read good reviews! Most mascaras don't flake on me, which is why the Tarte one was notable. It's possible my tube was getting dry, though - I can't remember if it flaked when I first got it or not.

my wet 'n' wild never flakes (i have the volumizing one, i think, in the yellow tube). it's my favorite mascara now. i think i like a lot less drama than some of you, though; one coat of wet 'n' wild makes my lashes a little darker and a little longer, and if i blot the tip it doesn't clump, and that's all i wanted. i had been using ecco bella, and it was good for a flashier lash (well, flashy for me), but it always wound up on parts of my face it had no business being on, and if i didn't wipe the brush really well it could be so sticky. it made my lashes go all aeon flux on me.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:47 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

ndpittman wrote:
I am so ridiculously excited that Josie Maran Coconut Water Cheek Gelee gel blushes is vegan! I got the sheer passion maracuja hydrating cheek tint from tarte when I ordered Lights, Camera, Lashes, but I think it's going to be discontinued because it's on sale and the Josie Maran looks easier to work with. Another aside: I love the Amazonian clay mineral bronzer! The thing that makes me wonder about tarte though is that sometimes things will disappear from the vegan makeup page. Anyone else notice this?

I have noticed that, and also the Amazonian Clay finishing powder is on the vegan page, but the exact same product, with the exact same ingredients in the LE Aqualillies for Tarte packaging isn't, even though other products from the Aqualillies collection are on the vegan page. I bought the Aqualillies one anyway, because seriously, exact same ingredients, exact same product, way cuter packaging. It makes me nervous though the way products disappear, and then sometimes even reappear on their vegan page.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:53 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

jessilikewhoa wrote:
I bought the Aqualillies one anyway, because seriously, exact same ingredients, exact same product, way cuter packaging.

The Aqualillies packaging kills me. I wish I wore eyeliner because I would snap that black gel liner in the adorable teal pot up in a heartbeat! But I've also noticed the disappearing/reappearing vegan thing with Tarte. It doesn't instill incredible confidence.

Reporting back on the Pacifica mascara front, in case anyone is planning to try it out: it didn't smudge or flake all day, which is nice, but it was weirdly hard to remove.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:10 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

That makes me curious to try it, because UD Lush Lash is like that, like it isn't supposed to be waterproof but it wears like iron and I have to really scrub to get it off, and of all the vegan mascaras I've tried Lush Lash was the best of the mediocre bunch.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:48 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

amandabear and ndpittman, I remembered talking to both of you yesterday about cream and gel blushes, and thought you guys should know that I just opened and swatched the two Face Atelier Facade I had ordered from Haute Look, and while I don't know how well they'll stay on, they seriously glide on like a dream, no need to really rub them in or force them to blend evenly, just a super smooth easy glide because the silicone base. They're nicely pigmented too. I bought Cha Cha, which is a really pretty coral, and Chameleon which is a deep berry toned pink bordering on light cherry red. Both are super pretty. The tubes are small, but you only need a tiny amount. So far I'm in love, hopefully the wear time is great too.

/sorry not mascara related.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:15 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Ohh man, I almost bought Cha Cha! Now I have regrets. I was so tempted by that Haute Look sale, but I hate how long they take to ship, and I have, like, religious objections to paying for shipping unless the circumstances are exceptional. I will keep an eye out for those in the future though, thank you! I adore cream/liquid blushes.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:07 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

okay, those of you on Team Ridiculous, i think you might enjoy the barry m lash vegas. i've been wearing that, alternating with the barry m modeling, and it's definitely the more va-va-voom of the two. i'm still getting used to the brush and the wetness (i've never learned if/how to "blot" or "wipe" or "whatever" a mascara wand), but it's definitely the more dramatic one and it wears on me really well.

the barry m modeling, i also like, but it's a more natural look. still, very good at separating, defining, and even though it's one of those weird pointy plastic brushes, i haven't put my eye out yet.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:57 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I really like the name Team Ridiculous. We need tshirts.

I'm going to be attempting to order the Barry M mascaras from Asos soon, I say attempting because 90% of the time my card won't work online shopping outside the US but sometimes on random sites it will. It's a crapshoot.

Random question, does anyone know if Cargo cosmetics is still cruelty free? For some reason I thought they were owned by Estee Lauder, but it looks like they aren't. I don't even know if anything they sell is vegan, or really what they sell at this point, but I always like checking out new to me lines.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:38 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

bluedawg, if I get a new mascara an it's crazy wet, I just fold up some tp and give the wand a squeeze. I've never actually run out of mascara before it's time to toss so i'm not worried that i'm wasting mascara.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:05 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

If we had Team Ridiculous t-shirts, the i's in "ridiculous" would have big old lashes in place of the dots.

I'm going to order the Lash Vegas and Lash Modelling from ASOS soon and see which one I like better. Despite my lady boner for dramatic lashes, I might end up preferring the lash modelling, because I can't stand clumpiness.

Also I prefer my mascaras on the dry side, because despite the fact that I've been putting on mascara every day for like 15 years, I am literally incapable of applying it without getting it all over my face. I don't know why, or what I'm doing wrong. It just gets everywhere. So wet mascara just makes that worse.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:10 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

bluedawg: Have you tried wearing both? I might try this. I've been doing the Tarte and then going over it with UD Lush Lash. I like to add a coat with a spiky wand for separation. I think I still have an unopened tube of Lush Lash, so I don't really need to buy anything new, but Team Ridiculous don't stop!

Here's an older photo with just Lush Lash.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:23 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

amandabear wrote:
Also I prefer my mascaras on the dry side, because despite the fact that I've been putting on mascara every day for like 15 years, I am literally incapable of applying it without getting it all over my face. I don't know why, or what I'm doing wrong. It just gets everywhere. So wet mascara just makes that worse.

Don't feel too bad about this, my mom is in her 60s, and has been wearing makeup since she was a teenager, and she seriously gets mascara everywhere, cheekbones, brow bones, on her nose, all over her eyelids, to the point where after-mascara-application clean up is a standard part of her makeup routine.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:37 am 
Naked Under Apron

Yeah every morning I have to get rogue mascara off my eyelids. At least I'm not alone.

I see Too Faced has a new one, but there are no ingredients listed. Probably not vegan, but I'm gonna email them, because it looks like the ridiculous variety. Go team!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:46 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

jessilikewhoa wrote:
amandabear wrote:

Don't feel too bad about this, my mom is in her 60s, and has been wearing makeup since she was a teenager, and she seriously gets mascara everywhere, cheekbones, brow bones, on her nose, all over her eyelids, to the point where after-mascara-application clean up is a standard part of her makeup routine.

Yes! I have to put on my mascara before any other eye makeup, then clean up before doing anything else. Most days I just get it on my eyelids and brow bones, but it's gotten on my nose, my cheeks, my forehead, in my hair... everywhere. I have never been able to figure out why, that's just how it is.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:48 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Have you guys tried this? I have one, I only use it when my eyes feel 'sensitive' (it's weird but I can tell when putting in contacts is a bad idea and i'm probably going to poke myself with a mascara wand), but it did help. Also good if you sneeze while applying mascara.

http://www.eyeslipsface.com/studio/tool ... dow_shield

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:52 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

I haven't tried that in particular, but I have tried similar little lash shield things... also just post-its. Honestly I have as much trouble holding them up/on (hence the post-its) while applying mascara as I do not applying mascara to my forehead, so it never made much difference.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:35 pm 
Chip Strong

I'm so excited to try the Lash Vegas now! I was really hoping it would be in the ridiculash category.
That said, I am enjoying lash modelling, but I definitely want something that gives me a bit more volume and length.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:34 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

mrsbadmouth wrote:
bluedawg, if I get a new mascara an it's crazy wet, I just fold up some tp and give the wand a squeeze. I've never actually run out of mascara before it's time to toss so i'm not worried that i'm wasting mascara.

thanks! i've been trying this method the past couple of days and it seems to be helping. i totally am weird about wasting mascara, but you're right, i've never ever dried out a tube yet. point taken.

ndpittman, i've never layered mascaras on top of one another before, either... interesting idea! i currently have four(!) tubes going (the two barry ms, the BWC, and LUSH in the stupid tiny bottle), so i could certainly experiment, heh.

as for getting mascara on my face, i always do, even if it's just a tiny bit from the tips of my lashes hitting my skin before they dry. i always put my mascara on last, and then i just grab a q-tip and it's really good at lifting the stray mascara off my skin without ruining any other makeup.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:13 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Have any of you had an allergic reaction to mascara in one eye? I tried a different kind of elf mascara and Ithink I might be having a reaction to either it or my makeup remover, but only in my left eye. My eyelid just hurt to the touch and now my eyeball feels dry. I need to find a new mascara regardless because this elf stuff is like cement; it takes forever to get off. But my old elf was like putting on nothing. I will go back and peruse the whole thread, but off the bat, any recommendations for an easy to get off volumizing mascara? I used to like loreal's voluminous pre-vegan and wss hoping to find something similar.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:38 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Can I get the Lash Vegas from a US store?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:04 pm 
Chip Strong

Blondie, I think if you're outside the UK you'll have to get it from asos.com

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:08 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I can't find the Lash Vegas on the US ASOS site. Wah! I need more mascara I never use!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:26 pm 
Naked Under Apron

It's here: http://us.asos.com/Barry-M-Lash-Vegas-V ... p=L1Byb2Qv

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:18 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Thank you! It appears to be a site that doesn't play well with my mobile since the link says it's a redirect loop and goes nowhere.

Hopefully I remember my need for more mascara I don't use when I'm on an actual computer.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:46 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I got the Anastasia Lash Genius, but I haven't really tested it out yet. I mean, I've been wearing it, but no crying, sweating, eye-watering to speak of. I like that it gives me a little more separation. I'm curious to see how it goes after the gym tonight.

I always get mascara on the bridge of my nose and brow bone. I usually use Q-tip to remove. Sometimes I'll clean up the water line with a Q-tip and contact solution, too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next