| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mascara
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:04 am 
Baking In The Flavor

ok so as much as i love the new too faced formula, it does the really annoying thing that is always a problem for me....i end up with mascara dots on my upper eyelids:/ my lashes are practically clear, and they are thin but long...so the lashes hit the tops of my lids and get mascara smeared all over. grrrr.... the brush is a bit annoying but that i can deal with. i have the anastasia waterproof topcoat that i use with my brow pencil, i guess i could do that over the tips, but i already do enough. and if i'm paying that much for mascara to i shouldn't need an extra step. i'm super bummed:/

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:22 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Sharky, that happens to me with every mascara. I've never met one that I didn't need to clean up afterward. I don't think it's a formula issue, or a brush issue. If you lashes touch your brow bones, it's going to leave mascara dots until it dries. I just try to keep my eyes half-closed for a minute or so until it dries.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:29 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Yeah, I even have fairly short lashes and it happens to me all the time too!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:30 am 
Baking In The Flavor

this is throughout the day, not when i first apply it. it doesn't happen to me with all masacras:(

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:39 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Oh, that is weird! I've had mascara smudge under my eyes throughout the day, but very very rarely above. Just one mascara I can think of.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:01 am 
Baking In The Flavor

it's the biggest issue i have with any mascara. i have oily skin and lids, so even with a good primer it still happens with about half the mascaras i try, even if they do what i want otherwise(drag lashes, not drying up in a month)... lol, if that's my worst "problem", i'm doing ok;)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:48 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

I want some mascara! I've been LASIKed and healed and I want mascara. 23 pages? Oh PPK. I have an Ulta and a bunch of Sally's and a mini Sephora in JC Penney that I always forget is there. Any not too pricey recommendations?

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:02 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I just got the Barry M modeling mascara, and so far I'm loving it! Yay!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:50 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

ok, so this is what i did: ordered 3 mascaras from sephora, expecting to return at least 2 (both korres mascaras, and the tarte), and then ordered the new barry m lash vegas from asos.....i can pretty much justify anything but i'm still rolling my eyes at myself, haha!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:30 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

i kept the tarte since it gave the most volume with minimal effort:) has anyone else tried barry m lash vegas? it lengthened a lot but did not volumize, and looked really spidery and like it was flaking off my lashes. too bad, it only took a coat or two for length and th eformula seemed nice--not too wet or dry at all--but i could literally see pieces coming off the sides of my lashes right after applying. does the barry m modeling mascara add volume?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:22 pm 
Calls "cavemen" on that

Ok, I have been on the hunt for a good cruelty free mascara for awhile now. I have very thin, blonde short lashes. Sad, sad lashes.

here are the 3 I have gotten recently:

Barry M: I wanted to like this a lot based on the reviews here and the price, but it was meh. Very clumpy.

Tarte - Lights camera lashes: It was ok. Pretty good. But since I have such short lashes, I need more VOOM with mascara. If you have decent lashes, I would highly recommend this stuff. I personally went through a tube in like a month. But it was nice and non-smudgy or clumpy

Too Faced - Better than Sex: Well I don't know bout that, but it is some pretty good mascara. Really good volume, does not seem to smudge too much during the day. I like it. I hope the tube lasts me a while (I need like FOUR coats for my sad lashes). This might be the winner!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:10 pm 
Calls "cavemen" on that

I take it back. After using the Too Faced for almost a week, it is smudgy as a mother hubbard. I look like a raccoon after I work out, or sweat even a little.

Boooo. I still like it though. I might play around with putting a coat of something else over it or something.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:23 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Chicki wrote:
I take it back. After using the Too Faced for almost a week, it is smudgy as a mother hubbard. I look like a raccoon after I work out, or sweat even a little.

Boooo. I still like it though. I might play around with putting a coat of something else over it or something.

I use this http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?keyword=ANASTASIA%20BEVERLY%20HILLS%20Lash%20Genius%20Waterproof%20Topcoat%20P310204&skuId=1401868&productId=P310204&_requestid=61664 and really like it. It waterproofs and keeps it from smudging, and I find that it separates my lashes a little bit if I do the wiggle at the root brush up and out thing.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:06 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I love the Barry M modeling. I put five or so coats on because my lashes are short, and it separates nicely and I never resemble a raccoon.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:46 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

la vie sale wrote:
I love the Barry M modeling. I put five or so coats on because my lashes are short, and it separates nicely and I never resemble a raccoon.

I like the modelling too. Lash Vegas was really good at first, but now that I've had it awhile it really clumps a lot.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:13 am 
Nailed to the V

I am ordering some things from E.L.F. and want to try their mascara ... they have about 6 from which to choose!

Any suggestions?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:42 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I have been using this one and have been pretty happy with it: http://www.eyeslipsface.com/studio/eyes ... -1_mascara
I just wish it came in brown (but I'm blonde and that is my usual complaint about mascara).

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:30 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Whichever one you get, get the mascara primer too! I love that stuff.

tzippy, my mom used to tell me that I had to wear brown mascara because of my blondeness so I have never bought brown mascara in my life.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:13 pm 
Nailed to the V

Tzippy wrote:
I have been using this one and have been pretty happy with it: http://www.eyeslipsface.com/studio/eyes ... -1_mascara
I just wish it came in brown (but I'm blonde and that is my usual complaint about mascara).

d*mn! out of stock right now ... I will wait for a bit ... I still have an unopened tube to use ... but it
is rather old and may be past it ...

thank you!

Anne
(fluttering her unmascara'd eyelashes)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:16 pm 
Nailed to the V

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Whichever one you get, get the mascara primer too! I love that stuff.

thank you ... I will ... I have never used primer before ... my lashes are all right, fairly thick but very fair ...

tzippy, my mom used to tell me that I had to wear brown mascara because of my blondeness so I have never bought brown mascara in my life.

I am blonde and always have worn black ... I once, years ago had a tube of a dark plum that made my blue
eyes pop out ... took idle to look for more ... I think Guerlain make one but dunno if it is vegan friendly.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:21 am 
Ninja Master

I just bought the Barry M Lash Vegas and I really like it a lot. I used to like their lash modelling one but the last tube I got of it, it wasn't that great. This one is much better.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:35 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Flower Beauty extreme lengths mascara is blowing my mind! The best vegan mascara I've ever used. My lashes are like a mile long and so dark and it's magical.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:19 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i currently have four tubes going:

glam naturals - i really like this one (it's the tiny one that came in a vegan cuts box, but i had one before that because i bought the glam naturals sampler box), more than i thought i would. it's more natural (as the name would suggest) but it's still noticeable and pretty. i haven't had clumping problems at all.

barry m lash vegas - the more i use this, the less i think i like it. i'm not sure if it's getting clumpier the longer i use it, or if i am just losing my patience. it definitely has OOMPH to it but i have to work SO hard at keeping my lashes separated (even after blotting the brush before use) that it's just not worth it to me.

barry m modeling - the brush on this is super weird for me, but i've gotten used to it and i still really like this mascara. it's really good at separating and defining, although not as much "wow" as the lash vegas.

pacifica (in brown) - this one is definitely the most "natural" (least noticeable) of the group, but i like it because i've historically worn more natural-looking mascaras. the brush is big and fat and the mascara wears like iron for me--it's actually kind of hard for me to remove it.

(i also recently retired a tube of beauty without cruelty mascara in brown, which i had pretty great luck with. it's more natural than Team Ridiculous, although maybe sort of on par with barry m modeling)

... so right now i'm considering buying the too faced better than sex because it's one of the big ones in this thread that i haven't tried. i clearly have a mascara problem.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:24 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

The Glam Natural is a great second coat mascara because it lengthens pretty well. Right now I have that, Tarte's LCL, and the purple WnW. I still have a second tube of LCL waiting for me since I bought that three pack during the Tarte sale, but I don't know where i'm going from there. It's okay, but I definitely wouldn't pay full price for it.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:38 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

i like the tarte in the purple tube. i like better than sex but found that it was too gloopy for me at times. the wnw in the purple tube is to thin - does nothing for my lashes...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next