| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Let's talk lingerie
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:25 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I have this obsession with the Agent Provocateur website. It's getting a little ridiculous.

I want this:

And this:

But weirdly enough, I don't have hundreds and hundreds of dollars to spend so I can have sexy underthings. (A lot of it is silk anyway.) But everything that is not hundreds and hundreds of dollars is totally ugly, I swear. I feel like I must be missing out on some sort of Retro-Inspired Not Trashy Discount Lingerie Emporium or something. Please tell me this exists! Or that I'm not the only one obsessed with dreaming about $400 underwear.

Post subject: Re: Let's talk lingerie
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:27 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

oooh nice.

I know it's cheesy but Victoria's Secret has a lot of nice stuff. And I have a credit card from there so it's dangerous. I never buy really sexy stuff though, just like cotton undies and things like that.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:28 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I like those!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:33 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

B_A_D wrote:
I like those!

Yeah, they're beautiful!

Just to give you an idea, the bra at the top is $220, and all the pieces are separate...I can't even do the math to figure out how much I would be spending overall.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:12 pm 
Has gasoline in her veins

Those are lovely! Nice underwear... my weakness. D=

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:10 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I love sexy lingerie! I have luck at La Senza (do you guys have them in the US?), lately they've had lots of cute pinup style stuff in animal prints. I got a leopard print bustier thing with matching pantaloons. suuuper cute.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:18 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Nice!

My downfalls are fancy thigh-highs and garter belts, specifically.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:18 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I have also window shopped there. It is hard to find nice stuff. Everything at Nordstroms etc is boring and mostly neutral so I just stick with the VS styles that I Lready know will fit.

Sometimes Gilt has Agent stuff half price. Not a huge help really. I wouldn't mind paying $100 for a nice bra, but under no circumstances would I pay close to that for one pair of pantaloons. At least at VS, I can get 3 to match any bra I might buy for $30.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:30 pm 
Semen Strong

I like Target bras. Cheap and cute. I'm not going to spend $100 on a bra, that isn't going to walk my dog.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:40 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Tofulish wrote:
I like Target bras. Cheap and cute. I'm not going to spend $100 on a bra, that isn't going to walk my dog.

I bought a few $15 Target bras; I don't remember which brands. They were itchy and quickly fell apart. My $60 VS bras are still comfy and look like new 2-3 years later.

I buy the extreme lift padded bras. They come close to walking the dog.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:18 am 
Cranky

Most of my bras cost me around $100. Wearing a 32F means there aren't often cheap alternatives! Intimacy has been good to me, but I can't really afford to get fancy matching sets right now (though I did splurge on a gorgeous $150 bra on my last trip).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:38 am 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

I love Passionata lingerie. It's cute and comfortable, costs a reasonable price, and lasts for a long time in excellent conditions. I'm not so confident with über sexy stuff though, I'm always concerned I look ridiculous. But I love to look at it!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:49 am 
Chip Strong

I love AP and ogle the website all the time, I got a bikini from there during the last holiday sale (I always buy really fancy bathing suits even though I swim maybe twice a year if I'm lucky) but can't really afford anything else.

Jezebel Intimates makes cute retro inspired stuff you can often find at Macy's.

Two other places I love that have super pinup stuff are What Katie Did (British company with a US website) and Secrets in Lace. I have backseamed stockings from WKD that are awesome. I will totally put some links in this post when I get home from work.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:30 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I'm ridiculously excited about the seven-for-$24 underwear I got at JCPenney this weekend.

http://www5.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=18abff7&DeptID=70659&CatID=71388&SO=0&SelDim=8%7e&x5view=1&Ne=3+5+8+1031+966+18+904+949&shopperType=G&N=4294953583+142&Nao=21&PSO=0&CmCatId=70659|71388

{url}http://www5.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=181df9b&DeptID=70659&CatID=71388&SO=0&SelDim=8%7e&x5view=1&Ne=3+5+8+1031+966+18+904+949&shopperType=G&N=4294953583+142&Nao=42&PSO=0&CmCatId=70659|71388[/url]

The photos don't do them justice, and there were tons of different colors/prints!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:04 am 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

Not exactly lingerie but I like Pants to Poverty undies.
http://www.pantstopoverty.com/

I have these

And will probably buy these:

I have way too many bras so don't tempt me! I find I wear my strapless ones the most anyway. My fave strapless is from Wonderbra, I bought it at a department store in Germany.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:49 am 
Discovered unobtainium

I need a good strapless bra. I have one from VS that is similar to my other bras that fit well, but I just can't hold a strapless bra up. No matter what, it migrates downward. I couldn't possibly wear a smaller size.

Any ideas?

I'm 36B, but actually more like an A, but I have loose skin issues so A cups don't fit. I need a boob job.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:53 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

lavawitch, what about a bustier?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:24 am 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

paprikapapaya wrote:
I love sexy lingerie! I have luck at La Senza (do you guys have them in the US?), lately they've had lots of cute pinup style stuff in animal prints. I got a leopard print bustier thing with matching pantaloons. suuuper cute.

No La Senza in the US (also no Jacob!). Too bad - I used to like their cute/cheap underthings.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:05 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

I just got the newest Victoria's Secret catalogue (Christmas Dreams and Fantasies 2010) and as the title implies there are lots more fancy dress up things than normal. What has struck my fancy the most is this: http://www.victoriassecret.com/ss/Satel ... vsdWrapper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:33 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Abelskiver wrote:
I just got the newest Victoria's Secret catalogue (Christmas Dreams and Fantasies 2010) and as the title implies there are lots more fancy dress up things than normal. What has struck my fancy the most is this: http://www.victoriassecret.com/ss/Satel ... vsdWrapper

I want this: http://www.victoriassecret.com/ss/Satel ... vsdWrapper
I don't have anything in blue or purple. My mom will probably give me a gift certificate for Christmas.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:15 pm 

Abelskiver wrote:

That is BEAUTIFUL.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:19 pm 

Dang it... now I'm going to spend all my money at VS.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:19 pm 
Semen Strong

lavawitch wrote:
Tofulish wrote:

I bought a few $15 Target bras; I don't remember which brands. They were itchy and quickly fell apart. My $60 VS bras are still comfy and look like new 2-3 years later.

How much lift do they provide? I don't really need to have my nipples under my clavicles...

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:40 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

lavawitch wrote:
I want this: http://www.victoriassecret.com/ss/Satel ... vsdWrapper
I don't have anything in blue or purple. My mom will probably give me a gift certificate for Christmas.

I loooove that, unfortunately I think my girls would bounce right outta it. Wish they were smaller sometimes :(. But yeah the blue one is especially cute.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:53 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Tofulish wrote:
lavawitch wrote:
Tofulish wrote:

How much lift do they provide? I don't really need to have my nipples under my clavicles...

VS has something like 5 levels of lift. Extreme lift is for people who literally need to make mountains out of molehills. They actually even give me the illusion of some cleavage, so I consider those bras $60 well spent.

Lots of VS bras aren't push-up at all, but they do push-up bras better than anybody else that I have tried, including Wonderbra (or whatever they are called now).