| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Best Sports Bra?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:20 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I'm in serious need of a sports bra that is a) comfortable and b) works on big boobs. I'm currently doing the two sports bra method but it's not holding anything down.

So what are your favorite sports bras or do you have any recommendations?

Post subject: Re: Best Sports Bra?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:30 pm 
WRETCHED

mixmaster_mo wrote:
I'm in serious need of a sports bra that is a) comfortable and b) works on big boobs. I'm currently doing the two sports bra method but it's not holding anything down.

So what are your favorite sports bras or do you have any recommendations?

I have heard Enell is really good. I like Moving Comfort a lot but think the highest they go to is DD on their sports bras.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:30 pm 
Married to the wolfman

I'm a big fan of Under Armour sports bras. They have a line that is specifically for D+ cup sizes, buuut I actually have had more luck with their lines that are just sized S-M-L. The D+ cup one that I bought doesn't seem as stabilizing and it's got a zipper in front, meaning that it's almost impossible for me to get on and then it just randomly pops open during exercise sometimes. Sub par.

Mostly I've worn the same size M Under Armour sports bra for the past like six years. I'm normally in the area of a 36 or 38 E, for reference.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:46 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

coldandsleepy wrote:
I'm a big fan of Under Armour sports bras. They have a line that is specifically for D+ cup sizes, buuut I actually have had more luck with their lines that are just sized S-M-L. The D+ cup one that I bought doesn't seem as stabilizing and it's got a zipper in front, meaning that it's almost impossible for me to get on and then it just randomly pops open during exercise sometimes. Sub par.

Mostly I've worn the same size M Under Armour sports bra for the past like six years. I'm normally in the area of a 36 or 38 E, for reference.

ooh I want to try! I recommend the Enell to everyone, but its not awesome. It works enough, which is more than any other sports bra I've had, but thats about it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:45 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Thanks, y'all! I'll take a look around to see which I like best.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:30 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

This month's Runner's World magazine just had a page devoted to sports bras for women with DD+ cup sizes. The 4 they mentioned were the Freya Active Underwire Sports Bra ($60), the Elomi Energise ($64), the Enell ($64-$66), and the Anita Momentum 5529 ($69). The reviews are on page 112 of this issue. The first two are underwire, the second two are not.

Hope this helps!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:23 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

When I started C25K I bought myself a new bra because I'd previously been wearing crop tops which just weren't supportive. I got this Triumph one which is super dooper awesome and supportive but I don't know if it's avail. in the US.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:29 pm 
Inflexitarian

I have an awesome Victoria's Secret one that has a bounce bar on the top and it squishes the heck out of me and makes my DD look like a B. They go no where.
Also I have a cupped Bally's one that is great and super supportive.

Lane Bryant has some but my band size is too small for the ones they carry in the store (44+) so I didn't get to really test them out.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:29 pm 
Human Gravy

Oh, I wish I had this problem. I just buy whatever's on sale at old navy or target.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:40 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

alice1drland wrote:
This month's Runner's World magazine just had a page devoted to sports bras for women with DD+ cup sizes. The 4 they mentioned were the Freya Active Underwire Sports Bra ($60), the Elomi Energise ($64), the Enell ($64-$66), and the Anita Momentum 5529 ($69). The reviews are on page 112 of this issue. The first two are underwire, the second two are not.

Hope this helps!

I HIGHLY recommend the Freya Active. I just switched to it from an Enell. Also good, but the Freya one actually separates and you get 2 boobs instead of wearing a compression vest. And they come in weird sizes, which is perfect for my hard to find sized self. Though I would do the Enell if I couldn't find a Freya, because I do not tolerate bounce. At all. I had bounce with moving comfort and under armour.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:09 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

xanthia wrote:
Also good, but the Freya one actually separates and you get 2 boobs instead of wearing a compression vest.

No uniboob?! Sold!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:15 am 
Level 7 Vegan

I don't know what kind of size range they offer, but my favorite-ever sports bra was a simple one from Gap Body. I've had mine three years now and it's sorta ceased to be as supportive as it once was, but 2 years is, for me, a fine retirement age for a sports bra.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:56 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

mixmaster_mo wrote:
xanthia wrote:
Also good, but the Freya one actually separates and you get 2 boobs instead of wearing a compression vest.

No uniboob?! Sold!

having two boobs and no bounce is my running dream. enell just makes it not hurt, but i still have a ton of bounce. my fitness goal at the gym is to get smaller boobs, i dont see it happening.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:05 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Gotta look into the Freya underwire one. That sounds pretty good to me.

I've never had any bounce with the particular Under Armour one that I love, which is a feat. But it IS like wearing a compression vest, and it is definitely a uniboober, and besides, it's like six years old and deserves to live out its retirement in peace.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:50 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

rocklobster wrote:
mixmaster_mo wrote:
xanthia wrote:

No uniboob?! Sold!

having two boobs and no bounce is my running dream. enell just makes it not hurt, but i still have a ton of bounce. my fitness goal at the gym is to get smaller boobs, i dont see it happening.

I have no idea how you bounce in an enell. Are you wearing the right size? There is an itty bitty bit of bounce in the Freya compared to the Enell for me, but I can still run and it isn't painful or bad at all. In my Enell I felt like I was wearing a corset and had to adjust my breathing.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:21 am 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

This may not apply, because i'm not sure if this brand is just in Australia, but i'll mention it anyway...Berlei's newer models of sports bra are fantastic. I went through the double sports bra phase too, but the one I have now works a DREAM!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:47 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Try this http://www.titlenine.com/category/sport ... do?nType=2

They have tons of bras. They rate them by number of barbells with 5 being the highest.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:37 am 
Saggy Butt

i have an enell and it absolutely eliminates bounce for me (though im on the smaller size at 34D). but its also hot as hell because there is so much damn fabric.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:37 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

xanthia wrote:
rocklobster wrote:

I have no idea how you bounce in an enell. Are you wearing the right size? There is an itty bitty bit of bounce in the Freya compared to the Enell for me, but I can still run and it isn't painful or bad at all. In my Enell I felt like I was wearing a corset and had to adjust my breathing.

i kind of feel like the straps are too long. according to their sizes its right, but i wish i had a store that carried them here so i could try smaller. bleh. i think im gonna get surgery when i get insurance this winter (thanks obama!).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:06 pm 
Saggy Butt

i feel like the straps on the enell are too long for me too.
like, it fits snugly across my ribcage and thats where most of the support comes from + the compression, but it's a little too "big" feeling in the top-front. but it doesnt seem to affect the anti-bounce factor. unfortunately the bras with adjustable straps that ive tried and own/ed dont have the same level of support and compression as the enell. i wonder if i could shorten up the straps just a little bit.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:12 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

i've always wanted to try the enell. but i can't afford it.
i usually just wear two cheap sports bras.

Post subject: Sports Bras
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:26 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I don't know if this was ever on the other board, so I apologize if it's a repost. Anyway I just started becoming more active (jogging/running instead of walking) and I am going to need more support to do that. I normally get my bras at Lane Bryant since they have a variety of styles and colors that aren't uglified. I was psyched to see they have sports bras now, thinking they would be as awesome as the other bras, but I got them and they were not so great. The fit was weird on each style I tried and I didn't feel as contained/supported as I would like. What do you other sporty chicas do? Do you wear a regular bra and sports bra over it? I was hoping to avoid that but it seems like that is the thing to do. Suggestions welcome, thanks!

boychucker.blogspot.com
twitter

Post subject: Re: Sports Bras
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:03 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Moving Comfort is a really good brand and I have had a lot of luck with title 9

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:05 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=812

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:18 pm 
Saggy Butt

the bras on titlenine are so overpriced. you can get the same bras elsewhere for way cheaper if you can just figure out the actual brand and model instead of the titlenine codename.