| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Sports Bras
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:14 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

fruitbat wrote:
http://forum.theppk.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=812

Thanks! I didn't think of looking there.

boychucker.blogspot.com
twitter

Last edited by boychucker on Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:17 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I got my best sports bras at the LB outlet. I don't know if they're the same in the regular store or not. They are sized just like shirts, but I don't buy my shirt size - I buy smaller. I'm certain it's one size, but I think two sizes smaller than my shirts. It gives me good compression and keeps the girls from moving around.

Post subject: Re: Best Sports Bra?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:18 pm 

I'm only a D, but I want to avoid bounce and uniboob. I will look into these,Thanks!

boychucker.blogspot.com
twitter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:08 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

LuLulemon! $$, but the best running bra I've found.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:23 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

Some moving comfort styles are on sale at Amazon with free shipping and returns. Just got one for $25.

baszilla.tumblr.com

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:52 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

i have a nike one, not sure what the model is but it's good. amazing support, totally changed my outlook on running! :P

make sure you try every model available at the store before you buy and jump up and down to see what it feels like. i wouldn't recommend going for the cheap option. a crappy bra just makes you hate exercising so in the end it's not worth it!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:56 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Karma007 wrote:

Agreed! They're worth the investment!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:37 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

I've had the same Patagonia sports bra for six years (it's my only one and I'm pretty active--gross, I know) and it's flippin' amazing. I'm a D cup and this bra keeps me completely in place and has stood up awesomely for all these years, despite multiple washings per week and lots of sweat.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:41 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

VeganMeredith wrote:
Karma007 wrote:

Agreed! They're worth the investment!

I third this. I'm a fairly active person, with large-ish cup size (I'm a 32 D). I need a well-structured bra. I've tried many kinds of bras, none have been perfect. A year ago I bought myself two of Lululemon's "Tata Tamers". I find these to be perfect for running (no bounce!) and also great for yoga (no under wire and not too restrictive). Also they look almost like those cute "regular" sports bras small cup girls can wear. Expensive but so worth it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:41 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Alright I'm looking into LuLulemons if they prevent bounce. I was a 32 D before pregnancy/breastfeeding and I hate things moving around up top when jogging.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:31 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

xanthia wrote:
I HIGHLY recommend the Freya Active.

Agree! I work out 5 times a week (step and body workout classes) and it's perfect. I also have Shock Absorber which is probably even better in terms of holding but it's not so comfortable (at lest for me).

boychucker wrote:
I'm only a D, but I want to avoid bounce and uniboob. I will look into these,Thanks!

Are you sure? Most woman have wrong fitted bras. I'm wearing now 30F/FF and earlier I was constantly told that I'm 34C, but I wasn't, it's just the policy of lingerie companies - they don't produce the whole range of sizes and just trying to give you whet they have, that's why I like Freya bras so much - they are available in all sizes.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:31 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

lindsayh wrote:
i feel like the straps on the enell are too long for me too.
like, it fits snugly across my ribcage and thats where most of the support comes from + the compression, but it's a little too "big" feeling in the top-front. but it doesnt seem to affect the anti-bounce factor. unfortunately the bras with adjustable straps that ive tried and own/ed dont have the same level of support and compression as the enell. i wonder if i could shorten up the straps just a little bit.

yes! this is what i feel! except i do have bounce. it didnt bother me too much until I started the Insanity workout which has a ton of jumping. Now I'm trying to decide if I want to buy the freya now or wait and see if I lose any weight or I may get surgery in the next couple months in which case I wouldnt need a giant bra anymore. ugh. I need more money.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:28 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

http://www.herroom.com/Lily-Of-France-2 ... -Bra.shtml
This is my favorite sports bra. I wear a large size and even though it says medium impact I wear it during vigorus kick boxing classes with out any problems and no uniboob. Actually I wear this bra to work before my workout days and I don't look like I am wearing a sports bra which is a major plus.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:17 pm 

http://www.shockabsorber.co.uk/default.aspx
I had one of these when I was running lots. No uniboob, and it was fantastic. It was the first time I could run without having sore boobs after.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:46 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I love Lululemon sports bras. I'm probably not a very good judge of support though, because I have a minuscule chest. So if you have above an A cup, don't take my advice :).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:13 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

Just got a Ta Ta Tamer in the mail yesterday and have spent all day in it today. I just speed walked a couple of miles and did Pilates in it, but it is so comfy and no moving of jostling. Definitely going to get another one when my funds recover.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:04 pm 
Inflexitarian

Pop! wrote:
Just got a Ta Ta Tamer in the mail yesterday and have spent all day in it today. I just speed walked a couple of miles and did Pilates in it, but it is so comfy and no moving of jostling. Definitely going to get another one when my funds recover.

I love love love this bra so much. I have two and adore them. Perfect for yoga, running, everything. And they come in cute colours.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:03 am 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Pop! wrote:
I've had the same Patagonia sports bra for six years (it's my only one and I'm pretty active--gross, I know) and it's flippin' amazing. I'm a D cup and this bra keeps me completely in place and has stood up awesomely for all these years, despite multiple washings per week and lots of sweat.

Do they make any for DDs? I seriously cannot find a decent sports bra in my size. :(

- just mumbles

Twitter: TheSpinachGirl
Blog:Spinach Girl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:33 am 
Baking In The Flavor

Owlish wrote:
Pop! wrote:

Do they make any for DDs? I seriously cannot find a decent sports bra in my size. :(

It doesn't look like they do :(. I'd go with the Lululemon one. The TaTa Tamer goes to 36DD and 38DD. They also had another one that was designed for larger busts, but it might have sold out and it's not on the site right now, but keep an eye out for that one, too. My D's don't move at all in the TaTa Tamer, even with lots of jumping and moving around.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:39 am 
Cranky

I merged the sport bra threads for easier retrieval.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:15 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I just found this website: http://www.biggerbras.com

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:46 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I just ordered one from Old Navy- we'll see how it works. http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=37366&vid=8&pid=814660
Surprisingly, according to the size chart, I am not a plus size- I'm a 38 DD.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:40 pm 
Inflexitarian

spaceage wrote:
xanthia wrote:
Are you sure? Most woman have wrong fitted bras. I'm wearing now 30F/FF and earlier I was constantly told that I'm 34C, but I wasn't, it's just the policy of lingerie companies - they don't produce the whole range of sizes and just trying to give you whet they have, that's why I like Freya bras so much - they are available in all sizes.

Where/how did you get sized? I am really having issues with bras at the moment thanks to my ever expanding chest and am really fed up. I've literally tried on every bra in the mall that was a 40 DD or DDD and nothing works. I've been told I'm a 42 D by Victoria's, a 40 DDD by Dillards, a 40 DD by Macy's and a 38 DDD by Fredricks. Ugh.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:02 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

assilembob wrote:
spaceage wrote:
xanthia wrote:

Where/how did you get sized? I am really having issues with bras at the moment thanks to my ever expanding chest and am really fed up. I've literally tried on every bra in the mall that was a 40 DD or DDD and nothing works. I've been told I'm a 42 D by Victoria's, a 40 DDD by Dillards, a 40 DD by Macy's and a 38 DDD by Fredricks. Ugh.

i would suggest going to a specialty bra shop to be measured. VS told you you were a 42D because they dont make bras for big boobs. regardless, those are all around the same size; if your weight often varies they may all be right. i dont love ordering online since i find bra size varies so much between brands, and even between different styles within brands. knowing my size just gives me a general idea of what to try on, same as clothes and shoes. i did get my enell online and i wonder if i could have used a smaller size--even though im measured and i bought the appropriate size. and once more, GO TO CACIQUE! stop shopping at little booby stores. shop at stores that cater to you.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:00 pm 
Nailed to the V

rocklobster wrote:
i would suggest going to a specialty bra shop to be measured. VS told you you were a 42D because they dont make bras for big boobs. regardless, those are all around the same size; if your weight often varies they may all be right. i dont love ordering online since i find bra size varies so much between brands, and even between different styles within brands. knowing my size just gives me a general idea of what to try on, same as clothes and shoes. i did get my enell online and i wonder if i could have used a smaller size--even though im measured and i bought the appropriate size. and once more, GO TO CACIQUE! stop shopping at little booby stores. shop at stores that cater to you.

I second this. Going to a proper bra shop and being fitted is key. We have one called "Anns Bra Shop" here and they are amazing. They deal with problem chests (medically and just weird sized) and really take the time to make sure you feel amazing in your underthings. If you can't find a bra shop in your area, Nordstroms generally has pretty good fitters but I didn't have luck this past time so I went back to the bra shop.