| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: BB Creams
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:03 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

The BB cream that Jojo got me is just like the Origins tinted moisturizer I got in a sample bag once, except that had color beads that broke and this is already colored, which makes it easier to get non-streakyness. But it has the sunblock and the same color and a very light coverage, and the sunblock means you have to keep it away from your eye area or else it might travel there and it stings a little.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:37 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

I might try this if it is vegan:
http://www.sephora.com/product/productD ... 8:36499870

They have a fair olive shade...It is hard to find fair-olive tones!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:14 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

missmuffcake wrote:

Oooh!

I totally feel you on the fair olive toned thing, everything fair ends up being too pinky for me.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:05 am 
Tofu Pup

Hey, not sure if anyone ever found anything, but I've been looking at the bb creams on this website: http://www.hautminerals.com/veganbbcreamsouffle.html
I had originally been searching etsy, but I'm learning that a lot of the "home-made" stuff is really dark (more like medium-toned; I'm really super pale), like y'all had mentioned.
Since it's so cheap, I'll probably try some of this stuff out soon and let you know what I think.

I've tried the Garnier bb, and while it looks nice, it has this weird chemical, artificial plant smell to it which is frankly kind of gross. Also, the list of ingredients is about seven miles long, including such winners as otinoxate (subject of some sunscreen controversy, here's the wikipedia article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octyl_methoxycinnamate) and propylene glycol, plus it has fragrance and alcohol in it.

Just saw that link today and thought y'all might be interested.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:32 pm 
Saggy Butt

lobsteriffic wrote:
missmuffcake wrote:

Oooh!

I totally feel you on the fair olive toned thing, everything fair ends up being too pinky for me.

TooFaced BB creams are all vegan.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:15 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

i got the new wet n wild cc cream a couple days ago. i got the fair shade, and it's actually pale enough for me. it gives pretty good coverage, although it's not super moisturizing like i expect a bb or cc cream to be. the price and shades available make it worth it for me, though. i think it was about $3 or $4.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:27 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

I have a Tarte one that's more a highlighter than a tinted thing, so it blends when I'm tan and when I'm pale! I really like it and it says "Cruelty Free and Vegan" right on the box :) http://tartecosmetics.com/tarte-item-Am ... ting-serum

I'm intrigued by the Two Faced one, but it seems heavy for my skin.

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.”
--Margaret Meade

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:47 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I want to try a BB cream but I don't know much about them. I have extremely dry skin, especially on my face. Sometimes it is more combination with my forehead being pretty normal, but my cheeks and nose are always dry and sometimes scaly. :( Do BB creams accentuate dryness like some foundations do?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:09 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

I'm trying out the too faced bb cream in 'snow glow' (the lightest shade) and I like it a lot so far (my skin's very pale, pink-based, and I tan rather than burning). It goes on easily - I hate having to blend - and covers my broken blood vessels without feeling like foundation. It's definitely easier to put on (less blending, smoother) than the urban decay and laura mercier tinted moisturizers I've tried and seems to look more natural on me too (no tinted powdery finish).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:06 pm 

Good to know! I'd guess I have about 2-3 months left in my UD foundation so i'm going to try out a fancy BB cream then, when summer hits I don't like wearing the foundation mask.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:48 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I finally bought the Gosh BB cream. It's AMAZING. i have never tried anything quite like it.. it makes my skin look almost glowing, like I just took a refreshing shower and drank a big glass of limonade in the sun on the porch. or like I just took a refreshing 7am swim in the ocean. Really, I just look so refreshed and CLEAN.

I use it with my moisturizer under, and I am definitely recommending this to people who want something to even their complexion, but who don't need a lot of coverage. You can see my freckles through.. Next month, when I have a little extra cash, I am getting the BB cover kit that just came out. I usually don't need to much coverage, but I've been getting a few spots around my period after I quit my BC.

I'll let you know how the cover kit is when I get it!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:20 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

What shade did you get Smoothie?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:08 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

i got the lightest shade - it's called 01 Sand.
I have super light skin with blue-ish undertones and freckles. it's a shade that can almost only be described as "super pale white girl from scandinavia"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:28 am 
Tofu Pup

Thanks for responding. It hasn't been sending me e-mails when I get responses. Maybe this site doesn't do that. I finally got my sample of expensive bb cream in Vanilla Bean from haut minerals. It's all natural and the first I found. I'll get back to you when I try it. I posted this link in the group Veggie Friends on facebook so people can get an idea of what types are out there. Thanks for the info! I'm gonna' check e-bay for some of these brands. Especially the Gosh!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:51 am 
Impressive boner

Baps - how did the Gosh one turn out?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:50 pm 

Mr. Herman (nice reference, by the way) you can click 'subscribe topic' at the top of the thread if you want to get replies from a thread emailed to you.

derma-e has a BB cream now, but they only have two shades so i'm not buying it without seeing a review that assures me that it's not super yellow. It's not cheap, and price for foundations (which is what I would use it for)/mascara isn't usually an issue for me because I think you get what you pay for when it comes to those two things, but i'm not going to plunk down $20+ for something that might be the wrong tone (and also there's a good chance it's too dark for me).

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:30 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

mrsbadmouth wrote:
derma-e has a BB cream now, but they only have two shades so i'm not buying it without seeing a review that assures me that it's not super yellow. It's not cheap, and price for foundations (which is what I would use it for)/mascara isn't usually an issue for me because I think you get what you pay for when it comes to those two things, but i'm not going to plunk down $20+ for something that might be the wrong tone (and also there's a good chance it's too dark for me).

oh yeah, I saw that Derma E one and I'm super tempted by it. Their products tend to be really good.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:41 am 
Ninja Master

8ball wrote:
Baps - how did the Gosh one turn out?

I can't find it! :(

All the GOSH counters I've found lately, none of them have it. I don't know if they've stopped selling it over here?

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:15 pm 

So this is awesome, Ulta is gearing up for a 'month of beauty' where they have a deal each day:

http://www.ulta.com/21days/

And one is for the tarte bb cream!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:01 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Poor USA is so behind in these. CC creams are just hitting here now, and they have better coverage if you don't want something so sheer. At least the US ones seem to be a bit sheer. I'm not really good at telling which are vegan or not so I'm really no help :(

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:48 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

so, umm... what do all these letters mean?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:57 pm 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

Juice Beauty has a something they call a CC cream, and it provides approximately no coverage at all. I looked exactly the same after putting it on as I did before.

I so want to love these! I've sampled a lot, and they are almost all too dark for me. Too Faced's 'snow glow' (I feel like that color name is mocking me) is pretty good, but it's still a smidge dark and it's sheer coverage as well. I've been using it with a little Everyday Minerals powder on top.

I've been waiting and waiting to see if Boscia releases a lighter shade of theirs and they just came out with... a BB cream bronzer.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:18 pm 

supercarrot wrote:
so, umm... what do all these letters mean?

I don't know what CC stands for, but BB = Beauty Balm. The american versions are basically tinted moisturizers with SPF.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:54 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Okay, so do we have any confirmed BB that is super super light colored? I am what I call see-through white.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:19 pm 

Reminder that today is the day to get the Too Faced BB cream from Ulta for $22 (normally $34)! Kelly, I got the lightest shade and just swatched it on the back of my hand and I can barely tell it's there so i'd say it's pretty light.

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next