| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: BB Creams
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:12 pm 
Saggy Butt

I got the lightest shade of Too Faced at the sale yesterday, and it works on glow-in-the-dark me. It seems a bit on the sheer side, and has neutral undertones rather than pink or yellow.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:17 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Thanks guys! I missed the sale, but will probably get this soon.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:35 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Miss Jayme Kat wrote:
I got the lightest shade of Too Faced at the sale yesterday, and it works on glow-in-the-dark me. It seems a bit on the sheer side, and has neutral undertones rather than pink or yellow.

I watched some reviews of it, one girl was comparing three BB creams and said it was less sheer than the Revlon one (obviously this chick wasn't vegan) but more sheer than the third one.

I wore it as my foundation today with mineral powder and I thought it covered fine, but I have no major zits or scarring currently that need to be covered.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:11 am 
Saggy Butt

It's more sheer than the Smashbox one I bought it to replace (because the asparagus hats test now), but coverage is buildable. I have really red cheeks, so I have to do a couple of layers to hide that, but then it's great because it's easy to blend out at the jaw line. I really like it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:10 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Honestly, I want it to be kind of sheer because I want to wear it in the summer when I don't want to wear a mask of melting foundation, AND it has SPF. Also I know some people were complaining because it's too dewy or luminous and I really didn't find that to be an issue at all after the powder.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:58 pm 
Saggy Butt

I do, too. When I first said it was on the sheer side, I didn't mean that as a negative criticism, just a description. I like to be seen through my makeup. The more opaque foundations make me feel like I'm wearing a mask, or look like a scary Mary Kay lady gone wrong.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:16 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I bought the Derma E bb creme and I've tested it out. I like it- I got the light and I think it would work pretty well for a lot of skin tones. It's definitely not yellow which is good. I used it on top of sunscreen, even though it already does have spf 25, because it's really pretty thick and opaque and I didn't want to slather it on.

It has good coverage. It didn't cover this one broken blood vessel I have so I used some mineral makeup on top of that one area, but other than that just finished with some light powder and it looks pretty good. I'd say this something I would use for everyday, because it's convenient and gives a nice finish. Normally I use mineral foundation mixed with some water, and really this is quite similar to that, but less hassle. I would like to try applying this with a flat top brush to see if that improves the application.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:36 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

This looks vegan:

http://www.iherb.com/Andalou-Naturals-B ... 8-ml/46937

And affordable! I think I'll give it a shot.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:40 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Quarantined wrote:
I bought the Derma E bb creme and I've tested it out. I like it- I got the light and I think it would work pretty well for a lot of skin tones. It's definitely not yellow which is good. I used it on top of sunscreen, even though it already does have spf 25, because it's really pretty thick and opaque and I didn't want to slather it on.

It has good coverage. It didn't cover this one broken blood vessel I have so I used some mineral makeup on top of that one area, but other than that just finished with some light powder and it looks pretty good. I'd say this something I would use for everyday, because it's convenient and gives a nice finish. Normally I use mineral foundation mixed with some water, and really this is quite similar to that, but less hassle. I would like to try applying this with a flat top brush to see if that improves the application.

Did you find it locally or order online?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:45 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I had to order it- I haven't seen it in any stores so far. It's kind of pricey, but I bought it at Nature's Organic Market for about $28 including shipping, so not too bad.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:54 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

marmoset wrote:
This looks vegan:

http://www.iherb.com/Andalou-Naturals-B ... 8-ml/46937

And affordable! I think I'll give it a shot.

I was looking at that one too and am interested- be sure to report back after you've tried it.

I am also eying this Devita one:

http://www.devitaskincare.com/store/abs ... 0_266.html

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:17 am 

Okay, I couldn't resist ordering the Andalou Naturals one last night. It should arrive in a few days. I'll report back!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:05 pm 
Spent a night at the Bates Motel

I just picked up Tarte's BB Cream and tried it today. The texture was not what I was expecting- light and mousse-y. It bills itself as a "bb primer" though so that makes sense. My primary issues are redness and acne, so I still needed to follow up with some concealer in my bad spots, but overall it looked and felt very smooth and natural on my skin.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:34 pm 

I used the Andalou Naturals creme today for the first time. I used it over my daily Vitamin C lotion, and it was a bit oily going on. I thought it would stay shiny, but it did end up soaking in and feeling pretty natural. I might try it tomorrow on bare skin. It is a bit thicker than I had expected -- more like a foundation. It has very light coverage, but did even out my skin tone. I primarily want this for the sun protection and to even skin tone, so I'm hoping this ends up working out for me! I plan to use it all week and see if it causes any breakouts or clogged pores. Fingers crossed.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:06 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Did you get the Oil Control or the All-in-One, Marmoset?

ETA: N/M; I see that the Oil Control isn't tinted.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:35 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

marmoset wrote:
I used the Andalou Naturals creme today for the first time. I used it over my daily Vitamin C lotion, and it was a bit oily going on. I thought it would stay shiny, but it did end up soaking in and feeling pretty natural. I might try it tomorrow on bare skin. It is a bit thicker than I had expected -- more like a foundation. It has very light coverage, but did even out my skin tone. I primarily want this for the sun protection and to even skin tone, so I'm hoping this ends up working out for me! I plan to use it all week and see if it causes any breakouts or clogged pores. Fingers crossed.

Let us know how your experiment worked out! That one at least doesn't look incredibly expensive. Wonder if I could find it in Canada.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:21 am 
So Totally Yiffy

baps wrote:
I've done loads of research on them and bought some because I got a bit obsessed with them! hahaOnes I know are vegan (they're all UK brands):

No 7

Baps? Its this Boots No 7??

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:21 am 
Bathes in Braggs

Someone on the liquid foundation thread suggested I try Paula's Choice, so I ordered sample of both the liquid foundation and their version of a BB cream. Its called Barely There Tint SPF 30.

I decided to do a weekend experiment of forgoing the usual workday layer of moisturizer, primer, foundation, powder and just go with Barely There and some powder on my TZone. (I have combo skin but my nose gets super oily and the pores on my cheeks are medium-sized.) I'll be damned if my skin didn't look good, just enough coverage, and it was light and my skin was less shiny than if I was wearing the usual (I was expecting to be an oil slick inside 10 minutes). If I was having a horrible skin day I might go with foundation, but I liked this stuff otherwise.

Its $15 and right now the PAula's Choice website is showing specials of free shipping or 3 free samples with a $5 purchase. Oh, and the poster who recommended this brand did verify that the foundation and BB cream are vegan. I'm not sure about the rest of the products; I was going to send them an email today. I can report back if anyone is interested.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:38 am 
Bathes in Braggs

Apparently you can get the free shipping and the 3 free samples, and I found a 10% off promo code

EBDAY0204

Its good for the month of April.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:29 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I just ordered a few Paula's Choice samples, I will report back!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:47 pm 
stop: can't. won't. don't.

has anyone tried pacifica?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:33 am 
Ninja Master

Raila wrote:
baps wrote:
I've done loads of research on them and bought some because I got a bit obsessed with them! hahaOnes I know are vegan (they're all UK brands):

No 7

Baps? Its this Boots No 7??

Yep Boots No 7. The Boots No 17 (or I think it's just 17 now) is vegan too.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:39 am 
Bathes in Braggs

The below is the response Paula's Choice sent me. I'm a little deflated that more isn't vegan.

Dear Amy,

Thank you for contacting us with your questions regarding the ingredients used in our formulations. The majority of Paula's Choice products contain no animal ingredients; however, some do contain beeswax derived from beehives, lanolin or lanolin derivatives, tallow derivatives, and a few others listed below.

Paula’s Choice products that contain lanolin (which is extracted from sheep's wool) or a derivative of lanolin:

• Lip & Body Treatment Balm
• Moisturizing Lipscreen SPF 15
• Skin Balancing Pore Reducing Toner

Paula’s Choice products that contain lactoperoxidase: (derived from milk)

• RESIST Anti-Aging Clear Skin Hydrator

Paula’s Choice products that contain cholesterol: (derived from sheep’s wool)

• Moisture Boost Hydrating Treatment Cream
• HydraLight Moisture-Infusing Lotion
• Lip & Body Treatment Balm (contains an ester of cholesterol)
• Skin Balancing Toner
• RESIST Pure Radiance Skin Brightening Treatment

Paula’s Choice products that contain beeswax:

• Brow/Hair Tint
• Moisture Boost Hydrating Treatment Cream
• Lip & Body Treatment Balm
• Slip Into Silk Body Lotion

Paula’s Choice products that contain sodium chondroitin sulfate (derived from shark cartilage):

• Skin Recovery Moisturizer
• Skin Balancing Toner

Paula’s Choice products that contain PEG-100 stearate derived from animal fat:

• RESIST Ultimate Anti-Aging Hand Cream SPF 30

Paula’s Choice products that contain glyceryl stearate derived from animal fat:

• RESIST Ultimate Anti-Aging Hand Cream SPF 30
• RESIST Remarkable Skin Lightening Lotion
• Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask

Paula’s Choice products that contain ingredients derived from tallow (a type of animal fat):

• RESIST Remarkable Skin Lightening Lotion

With the exception of the Concealer Brush, Precision Liner Brush, and Blush Brush, all of Paula’s Choice Makeup Brushes are made from animal hair.

Do you test on animals?

Paula's Choice has never tested on animals at any stage of product development and never will. We also do not contract with any third parties to conduct animal testing on our behalf.

Paula’s Choice supports many charities focused on animal welfare such as the Humane Society, ASPCA and NAVS.

Paula’s Choice is a dog-friendly office, with most of our employees bringing their canine companions to work each day. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,

Hannah Nielsen | Partner Sales & Service Consultant | Paula's Choice | toll free: 800.831.4088
1030 SW 34th Street, Suite A, Renton, WA 98057-4810
paulaschoice.com | cosmeticscop.com | beautypedia.com

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:48 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I recently tried this stuff- Suntegrity 5 in 1 in Light, I ordered a sample tube from their website.

http://www.suntegrityskincare.com/produ ... spf-30-new

It's ok. I like the sun protection and used it a few days as my moisturizer/sunscreen alone. The coverage is not that great, though, and I think it's bit yellowish. Also, I think it has the tendency to run into my eyes which is a huge peeve of mine with any sunscreen type product. I don't think I'd purchase a full size.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:38 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

that REALLY makes me happy. I have been staring at the Boots stuff in Target forever trying to remember if they were Cf or not and could not remember. THANK YOU!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next