| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: BB Creams
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:30 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I finally bought the Too Faced one in Snow Glow (which is now my new description of my see-thru white skin) and I really, really love it. It is light and just enough coverage for me and actually stayed on when I was out sweaty for hours yesterday. Its exactly what I wanted! i used to mix a foundation, sunblock moisturizer and highlighter in my hand at once to acheive this exact same thing and what a pain that was. I'm so happy that I love it because I have so much trouble finding a light enough shade for my skin, but holy shiitake $34. That will be painful next time when I don't have a giftcard!!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:03 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I have the Too Faced one in Vanilla Glow and it's just a little too dark for me... but the Snow Glow is described as having pink undertones, which won't fly. It is nice, though! I mix it with some lighter foundation and it works okay for summer. If you sign up for Too Faced's email newsletter thing you'll get notices when they're having sales - you can get it for 20-25% off pretty often. Still not cheap, but under $30 at least.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:00 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

My beloved Boscia has a 'lighter' version now! I'm going with the regular for summer, but my pasty winter skin is rejoicing.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:05 am 

That is exciting! I've swatched the regular one at Sephora but it was always too dark... I'll definitely be checking this lighter one out next time I'm there.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:13 am 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

Boscia- finally! I need to get a sample of that. I like Too Faced's a lot, actually, but I feel like though it matches pretty well when I put it on, it kind of darkens a smidge when it warms up on my skin. Or I'm hallucinating. In any case it's not perfect so I keep looking.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:34 am 
Spent a night at the Bates Motel

I'm still loving my Tarte bb cream I mentioned earlier in the thread. My tube is almost out and I will definitely be re-buying! I use the lightest shade and it is perfect for my pale as fork skin.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:27 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

amandabear wrote:
I have the Too Faced one in Vanilla Glow and it's just a little too dark for me... but the Snow Glow is described as having pink undertones, which won't fly. It is nice, though! I mix it with some lighter foundation and it works okay for summer. If you sign up for Too Faced's email newsletter thing you'll get notices when they're having sales - you can get it for 20-25% off pretty often. Still not cheap, but under $30 at least.

Either I'm the pinkest person to ever walk the planet (which I'm not, I'm near neutral with very slight pink undertones), or whoever said Snow Glow has pink undertones was wrong, because out of the tube into my hand I can see a definite olive cast, and I mix it with OCC tinted moisturizer in R0 to add in pink and tone down the olive tones.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:40 am 

jessilikewhoa wrote:
Either I'm the pinkest person to ever walk the planet (which I'm not, I'm near neutral with very slight pink undertones), or whoever said Snow Glow has pink undertones was wrong, because out of the tube into my hand I can see a definite olive cast, and I mix it with OCC tinted moisturizer in R0 to add in pink and tone down the olive tones.

Huh! I'll have to swatch it, then... I never even bothered because of the description. I'm fair but yellow/olive toned (the best foundation matches I've ever found are Everyday Minerals Olive Fair and Golden Fair, depending on the season, too bad I don't like mineral foundation), so that might work really well for me, actually. I really want to try the OCC tinted moisturizer, since they specifically have yellow-toned shades, but Sephora needs to start carrying it already because I'm not buying a whole bottle untested.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:43 am 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

^ Everyday Minerals golden fair is my best color! But mineral foundation makes me break out, of course. :/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:55 am 

It doesn't break me out, thankfully, but in the winter I find it emphasizes dryness and in the summer it fades really quickly. I still wear it sometimes because I already have it, but I just generally prefer a liquid foundation. Since we are the same color in EDM I will be on the lookout for any recs you might post about! Most things go way too pink or orange on me.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:36 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I wear liquid and mineral because I like my mask to have layers.

ELF makes a tinted moisturizer, and it's definitely yellow. It is one of things that they always have at Target. I also have the Physician's Formula tinted moisturizer (and both of those have SPF), and it appears neutral - not yellow or pink. It's not as cheap as ELF, but if you have a CVS card, they're always doing deals, like right now all PF stuff is 40%.

PF has a liquid BB cream and a BB powder, but I haven't been able to find out if they're vegan. There is actually very little info about the veganity of PF products online, I think maybe people don't bother because 80% of their stuff comes with an animal hair brush.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:53 pm 

I think the PF BB cream is vegan, but from swatches I've seen it's also really dark. Why these things only come in one color will forever puzzle me.

I've been meaning to try the ELF tinted moisturizer, and the studio foundation. They're cheap enough that I'll get them just to try them out once my current stuff runs out. I ordered a bunch of samples of stuff from White Rabbit Beauty a while ago, and one of the FACE Atelier foundations is good match and really nice stuff, but it's so damn expensive! I'm hoping that by the time I run out of foundation I'll be able to sample the OCC stuff somewhere.

Oh, I've also been using the Wet n Wild Coverall Cream - the lightest shade, 815 Fair, is a little too light for me (the undertones are neutral, maybe slightly pink), but I've been mixing it with the Too Faced beauty balm to make that workable. The next shade down, 816 Light, is unfortunately both too dark and too orange, but it's actually a reasonably nice foundation, especially for the price. If you're very fair the 815 shade would probably suit you well.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:08 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

The PF BB cream is crazy dark. Like the person I saw who swatched the lightest shade and called it a good match was a Latina blogger who had really warm medium bronzy skin.

I'm interested in the Wet n Wild Coverall cream because I've seen good reviews, but it has talc, so I already know it would break me out.

My current foundation routine is on good skin days a squirt of Too Faced Snow Glow with 4-5 drops of OCC Tint R0 and 1-2 drops of OCC Skin white color corrector (because I'm that freaky pale). On bad skin days where I need more coverage I add in a nice sized squeeze of Paula's Choice Best Face Forward foundation in Best Bisque, which has the bonus of having a name that makes me giggle because the PPK filters.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:14 pm 

Best Bisque! Perfect. I like Paula's Choice Barely There Sheer Matte Tint or whatever it's called - the lightest shade matches me well enough. I just finished a sample of it and am planning to buy a tube. It really is very light coverage, though. Not for bad skin days.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:49 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I've been meaning to try that, Phyrra raves about it frequently, but I have a full unopened tube of Best Face Forward so I don't need to order from Paula's Choice any time soon.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:16 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

I am using the one by Too Faced, it is okay, a bit to sheer for me...I am thinking of buying a foundation to mix with it.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:25 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

amandabear wrote:
the Wet n Wild Coverall Cream - the lightest shade, 815 Fair, is a little too light for me

This is what I was using! Mixed with Alba sea moss moisturizer.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:24 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I love the WnW coverall. The ELF foundation in the glass bottle is really nice. I am not buying the ELF tinted one anymore because it's so yellow and contains mineral oil. I guess it clogs your pores.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:20 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Another vote of confidence here for the W&W coverall. I also use the lightest shade, and am relieved to find something that is light but doesn't have yellow undertones. I have tried the e.l.f. tinted moisturizer and it really didn't work for me... WAY too yellow.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:17 am 

I just saw that Yes To is coming out with a "CC cream." It's up on the Ulta and Target websites. No idea if it's vegan or not, but I think some of their products are so I thought I'd mention it in case anyone is interested and wants to check!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:16 am 

Yes To was going to sell in China, but they changed their minds. In general, the only non-vegan ingredients they use are honey and beeswax but it never hurts to check new products more carefully.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:23 am 

Yeah, I remember that debacle. I've never ever used anything from them so I've never looked into it further, but I saw that this morning and it piqued my interest. There's no beeswax or honey, so it may be another BB cream-esque option for those who are looking.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:49 am 

I'll probably try it, I don't have a lot of Yes To stuff but Target runs promos on their stuff sometimes and it's one of the few CF companies that put out coupons.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:13 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Has anyone in this thread mentioned the Flower Beauty BB Cream? It doesn't have SPF or any skin care properties, but it's thicker than a tinted moisturizer, sort of in-between a tinted moisturizer and a foundation. It comes in I think 4 shades, and they're yellow based, but the lightest one worked well enough on my super pale pink leaning neutral skin. It's mattifying and lasted on me 4 or so hours without a primer before my nose started looking noticeably shiny. The only downside is it's only available at Walmart.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:22 pm 

I really want to try that one. You had me at "yellow-based."

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next