| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Body Mod Jewelry Thread
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:28 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

They put out a calendar every year that comes with a code for a day out of each month. Normally i'm down with sharing codes, but the codes are a reward for buying the calendar. Sometimes they share them on facebook, sometimes they don't. I think the calendar is $5, and if you buy it in December it's 20% off so it's really only $4 and the photos are all modification related, obviously.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:09 pm 
Has Isa on speed dial

I'm annoyed with myself for missing the sale. I have a friend who lives in Arizona so her timezone is programmed into my phone, and I just assumed Bodyartforms was in the same timezone as her. Nope, they're Texan, and two hours ahead. Silly me.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:12 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Going up to 3/4" soon! Just ordered some shtuff online.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:09 pm 

I just stretch my septum up to 10g. It wasn't easy, but it wasn't impossible but WHOA BOY does it hurt now. It burns and feels like someone punched me in the nose at the same time.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:36 pm 

But you did it! Good job MBM!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:00 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

For those of you with stretched ears - what do you do with your old plugs that are too small? I have a bunch of 0g plugs that are really nice and I'd like to give them to someone who could use them. Does anyone here want them? Most of them are wood though, which might be gross but I promise they are clean.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:15 am 

osito wrote:
For those of you with stretched ears - what do you do with your old plugs that are too small? I have a bunch of 0g plugs that are really nice and I'd like to give them to someone who could use them. Does anyone here want them? Most of them are wood though, which might be gross but I promise they are clean.

Save them in a baggie forever and stare at them wistfully?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:18 am 
Hail Seitan!

Maybe I'm gross / reckless but I would totally wear someone else's plugs. (I would probably clean them again after getting them though. Even though I don't really know how thoroughly one can clean a porous material like wood?)

I'm only at a 2g though, and I like that size so I don't have plans to go up.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:56 am 

Wood is okay to sell/give away because it can be autoclaved, acrylic can't. Most people don't take their used jewelry to be autoclaved though, and that's the only way to get porous materials (wood, stone) safe. I've bought/sold my metal and glass jewelry before, there was a livejournal community for it. One nasty person did send me a pair of Kaos tunnels without cleaning them, though. People like that were put on blast.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:07 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Mars wrote:

Save them in a baggie forever and stare at them wistfully?

Hahaha that is what I've been doing with them for the past 2 years. I think I will try freecycle or craigslist.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:25 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Wood is okay to sell/give away because it can be autoclaved, acrylic can't. Most people don't take their used jewelry to be autoclaved though, and that's the only way to get porous materials (wood, stone) safe. I've bought/sold my metal and glass jewelry before, there was a livejournal community for it. One nasty person did send me a pair of Kaos tunnels without cleaning them, though. People like that were put on blast.

Porous materials, including wood, cannot be properly sterilized in an autoclave. And putting wood through an autoclave can damage it.

The above has probably offended you. I have found it impossible to post to these forums without offending someone. I have preemptively said 25 hail seitans in the hope that I may appease the ppk gods and not be smote from these boards.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:56 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

it's been a couple years since I've worn jewelry in my septum, but I finally got myself something new from this shop on Etsy!

It's going to have an amethyst stone. I'm excited!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:32 pm 

Pretty! It looks like silver though, so remember you can't wear it day in and day out.

shortbus wrote:
mrsbadmouth wrote:

Porous materials, including wood, cannot be properly sterilized in an autoclave. And putting wood through an autoclave can damage it.

I stand corrected.

http://www.bodyartforms.com/materials.asp

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:39 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

the only info I can find online is that silver is harmful to new or healing piercings and can leave a permanent stain in the skin. Otherwise it seems like the only risk is oxidization of the metal, which seems more like a cosmetic than a health issue. I'm not concerned about the new/healing part because I've had the hole for 16 years. Am I wrong? I totally defer to you on this, mbm, as you know a lot more about piercings than I do.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:57 pm 

Pure silver is too soft to be used for jewelry, so it's the other metals used - like nickel - because they can be irritating.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:06 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Pure silver is too soft to be used for jewelry, so it's the other metals used - like nickel - because they can be irritating.

Thanks for the clarification! I will have to get some more jewelry OH DARN

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:54 pm 
WELFARIST!

Septum jewelry is really difficult for me to find. The biggest issue for me is that my septum is pierced higher than anyone else's I've seen so I need to wear larger jewelry, and I hate large jewelry, especially rings.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:41 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

Mr. Shankly wrote:
Septum jewelry is really difficult for me to find. The biggest issue for me is that my septum is pierced higher than anyone else's I've seen so I need to wear larger jewelry, and I hate large jewelry, especially rings.

The seller I bought from on Etsy makes each piece custom according to gauge and inner diameter! Check out her shop!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:30 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

would teardrop shape be out of the question?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:48 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
it's been a couple years since I've worn jewelry in my septum, but I finally got myself something new from this shop on Etsy!

It's going to have an amethyst stone. I'm excited!

Those are neat... makes me want to start wearing my septum again. I have to stretch it back up to a 12g every time I stop wearing it though, and it's annoying and makes me sneeze.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:19 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

creep wrote:

Those are neat... makes me want to start wearing my septum again. I have to stretch it back up to a 12g every time I stop wearing it though, and it's annoying and makes me sneeze.

Mine was up to 10 or 8 at some point, but the one I ordered is a 14g since I haven't worn jewelry consistently in quite a while.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:37 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I have to put in an 18 or 16, then a 14, then a 12. I guess I could leave it at 14 if I wanted to buy something new, but all of my septum jewelry are 12 gauges.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:12 pm 

My septum's a 6 :) awh yeah!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:54 pm 

I got mine to a 12 but then had to downsize, because the retainer I was using had really short legs, so it came out really easily and it was a pain to get back in. Like I would blow my nose and it would push right out of one side. One time it came out while I was sleep and it took me half the day to notice, so when I put it back in it was like re-stretching. So after a few more times of it coming out, I just switched back to my 14g glass retainer. The next time I order jewelry I might our a 12g in the same style, but stretching was pretty painful. I hugged Harley two days after I stretched and her head bumped my nose and I was in 'lay flat on my back and breathe' agony for a full day. It was way worse than getting it pierced.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:33 am 
Saggy Butt

mrsbadmouth wrote:
I hugged Harley two days after I stretched and her head bumped my nose and I was in 'lay flat on my back and breathe' agony for a full day. It was way worse than getting it pierced.

-breaks into a cold sweat-

I had my septum pierced last month at 12g, with the aim of stretching up someday... "Someday" may have just gotten pushed further into the future.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next