| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 516 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
 Post subject: Re: Body Mod Jewelry Thread
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:25 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Silver is not recommended for healing. Steel, titanium or glass are good. I don't remember why silver is bad.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:40 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Good to know.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:52 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

They are going to insert standard captive rings (rings with the little balls) after they pierce your ears. Lobes heal really fast so it should only be about six weeks. Also keep in mind that most 'regular' earrings are stupidly small gauge, 20 or 22 and most piercings are done at 14 gauge. I think you can get 18 gauge for lobes, that's the standard size for nostril piercings.

Prices vary so widely I couldn't even tell you, but even though it's two piercings most places tend to give a discount for the two lobes since that is considered 'one' piercing by so many people.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:40 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Thanks. I didn't even think about gauge size.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:07 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I need some advice. I got my vertical labret a little over three months ago. The jewelry is long as usual with an oral piercing. It was healing well but lately I've been getting it caught on stuff and that's inflamed it. I really need shorter jewelry but I can't change it until it's healed better. What do I do?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:04 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Got some new plugs :)

Time to burn down the house and call it a loss. Because all the nope in the world - kfad
I'd rather eat ramen and drink tap water than live with other people - lavawitch

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:47 am 
And you never will.

NICE

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:16 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

blondiefk wrote:
I need some advice. I got my vertical labret a little over three months ago. The jewelry is long as usual with an oral piercing. It was healing well but lately I've been getting it caught on stuff and that's inflamed it. I really need shorter jewelry but I can't change it until it's healed better. What do I do?

When it's not being continually hit, is your piercing swelling? If not, you should be fine to switch to shorter jewelry. Just switch it once and leave it in for a while before you change to a different one.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:26 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Thanks, yes it had healed fine but then it got cold again and my scarf kept getting caught on it. I was going to get it changed in a store but the woman won't do it if it's even slightly inflamed. I can just go to a piercing supply place and do it myself though, I guess. That'll also be cheaper.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:23 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

My lobe stretching adventure is going really well! I'm at 10g now, and just ordered 8g tunnels. I'm so beyond excited that this is working!! I've only had a couple of days here and there of irritation - I took out the jewelry, cleansed the piercing and let it breathe for a few hours, and all was well again. I still want to get a daith done. I need to find out where one of my co-workers goes. I have no idea how to vet good vs. bad piercers.

Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/StrangeJourneyDesign

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:20 pm 

blondiefk wrote:
Thanks, yes it had healed fine but then it got cold again and my scarf kept getting caught on it. I was going to get it changed in a store but the woman won't do it if it's even slightly inflamed. I can just go to a piercing supply place and do it myself though, I guess. That'll also be cheaper.

If I remember correctly this is what I did with my lip piercing. As long as you only change it once you should be fine, and keep the healing bar just in case.

Also, I put spirals in my lobes recently and I love them but they catch on everything! My scarf kept getting caught in them and pulling on me. Sometimes piercings are annoying.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:15 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Yes! I wear spirals most of the time but my scarf catches on them too!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:18 pm 

I'm kind of nervous they're going to break because they're acrylic.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 2:15 pm 

I got a daith piercing one month ago, and had to get it removed today. My ear just didn't like it. No inflammation or anything, it was just pushing it out as it healed. I'm pretty bummed, because I really liked it. I want to try again - either a tragus in the same ear or a daith in the opposite ear. Anyone have experience with your piercings just being rejected like that? Any recommendations?

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 1:24 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

I don't have experience of my own piercings rejecting that fast but that did happen to clients of mine when I was a piercer. Sometimes people had been pierced elsewhere and it was clear that the piercing hadn't been done deep enough in which case they had the option to wait a few months and get it repierced behind the original piercing which means that the scar tissue could help hold it in place. If it's been pierced at the right depth I'd definitely just go for a different piercing. Daiths and anti traguses are notoriously difficult whereas traguses are very likely to stay put. The tragus has great blood supply too which really helps with the healing process.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 4:29 pm 

Good to know! The guy who took it out kinda gave me the impression that the one who did the piercing may not have done it well (he didn't say anything straight out, since it was a co-worker, but it was fairly clear). He said to give it a couple of months and it would be worth trying again. I really like that piercing in that ear, so I probably will do that. In the meantime, I think I might get a tragus in the opposite ear. And do better research on piercers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 516 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21