| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Body Mod Jewelry Thread
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:51 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Rebekah wrote:
mrsbadmouth wrote:
I hugged Harley two days after I stretched and her head bumped my nose and I was in 'lay flat on my back and breathe' agony for a full day. It was way worse than getting it pierced.

-breaks into a cold sweat-

I had my septum pierced last month at 12g, with the aim of stretching up someday... "Someday" may have just gotten pushed further into the future.

If it helps any, every time I've stretched my septum it's hurt less than getting pierced. It does feel sore for a while but not like MBM describes. So could just be luck of the draw.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:39 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

It hurt because it was still fairly fresh and then met my dog's skull - the stretch itself was only briefly uncomfortable.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:02 pm 
WELFARIST!

supercarrot wrote:
would teardrop shape be out of the question?

Nope! I don't think I've ever seen teardrops for septums- all of the teardrops I've seen have been thick. Any recommendations? I just need a few basics. I might want a gem on one but that's about it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:51 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Mars and Mrs. Badmouth, I'm completely comforted. Thank you.

Septum healing nicely. My eagerness for pretty septum jewelry is matched only by my reluctance to inflict pain on myself by stretching... I asked my piercer about it, and he suggested I do it myself. I like his DIY attitude, though I may still get a pro to do it for me.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:09 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

I just ordered 1.6mm/14g and 2mm/12g rings for my ears! I'm not aiming to wear plugs or tunnels, but I like how thicker rings look. I've been wearing regular earrings since I got my ears pierced four years ago, but lately I'm a little tired of them (and have been without most of the time). Last week I put in the 1.2mm rings I got pierced with. I had been meaning to just lube my lobes and push the next size ring in, but after reading this thread I'm wondering if I need the taper thingies?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:44 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

if they're seamless rings or otherwise not nice and rounded like the tips of captive ball rings, i would absolutely not take the chance. owie!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:04 pm 

Yeah, if they have threads of any kind it's not going to feel good even if it's a small stretch.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:32 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

When I was at this sizing, I definitely had no problems just tossing in an upsize. It's different for everyone! You could just give it a wee try and if it feels too difficult then you know you might need tapers.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:02 am 

They're captive ball rings. I'm going to try it, like Mars said.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:22 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I had no trouble sizing up to 14's and 12's without tapers back in the day. This was like 12 years ago and I was a silly youngster, but I didn't use any lubricant or anything and I don't remember it being painful. I guess everyone's skin elasticity is going to be a little different though.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:04 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

amonik wrote:
I just ordered 1.6mm/14g and 2mm/12g rings for my ears! I'm not aiming to wear plugs or tunnels, but I like how thicker rings look. I've been wearing regular earrings since I got my ears pierced four years ago, but lately I'm a little tired of them (and have been without most of the time). Last week I put in the 1.2mm rings I got pierced with. I had been meaning to just lube my lobes and push the next size ring in, but after reading this thread I'm wondering if I need the taper thingies?

Remember also that it is recommended to wait at least six weeks between stretches. This allows time to heal and damage caused by the previous stretch and should make it easier to get the next larger size in.

The above has probably offended you. I have found it impossible to post to these forums without offending someone. I have preemptively said 25 hail seitans in the hope that I may appease the ppk gods and not be smote from these boards.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:21 pm 

creep wrote:
I had no trouble sizing up to 14's and 12's without tapers back in the day. This was like 12 years ago and I was a silly youngster, but I didn't use any lubricant or anything and I don't remember it being painful. I guess everyone's skin elasticity is going to be a little different though.

SC and I are talking about threaded jewelry, like horseshoes where you screw on the balls. The threads will tear your ear i you're trying to stretch with them.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:55 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

yeah, and seamless rings are cut flat, so it could very easily grab on to the flesh and tear it right on through.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:00 am 

I'm definitely going to take it slow! Since it stung a bit to put the 1.2mm rings in, I'm going to wait another couple of weeks before I attempt 1.6. I got my rings today, love how they look! I have titanium rings in now, but I like steel better, so shiny!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:15 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I went from a 14g to a 10g (with 12g in between) very easily. I'm guessing it's because my lobes were stretched out already from years of dangling earrings.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:02 am 

Looking at jewelry online is a great way to make your goal gauge grow bigger and bigger...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:29 am 
Not NOT A Furry

amonik wrote:
Looking at jewelry online is a great way to make your goal gauge grow bigger and bigger...

Agreed! And I didn't realize what a big investment body jewelry could be. I may be buying stretchers, ring openers and closers, jewelry...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:40 am 
Impressive boner

amonik wrote:

Yup! I have a small collection of snowglobe plugs in various sizes and colours that don't fit me ... yet!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:30 am 
Lime and a Coconut

I got my gold septum piece last night! It's so pretty and delicate. The only drawback is that it's not staying perfectly centered right now as it's a 16g and I think the last jewelry I had in there was 14g or 12g, so it's still a little stretched out. Plus my nose is a little crooked so there's that too. But I love it and I'm going to keep it in!

(not my piece but a pic of the style from the seller's etsy)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:32 am 
Lime and a Coconut

blondiefk wrote:
I went from a 14g to a 10g (with 12g in between) very easily. I'm guessing it's because my lobes were stretched out already from years of dangling earrings.

Yep, this. I haven't worn earrings in a long while, and I think at my largest I was still only a 10g or an 8g, but even when I was at 14g or 12g I favored larger rings and helixes, and I think the weight just stretched them out anyway, and it was really no trouble at all to stretch them one size up.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:32 am 
Lime and a Coconut

blondiefk wrote:

Yep, this. I haven't worn earrings in a long while, and I think at my largest I was still only a 10g or an 8g, but even when I was at 14g or 12g I favored larger rings and helixes, and I think the weight just stretched them out anyway, and it was really no trouble at all to stretch them one size up.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:37 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Erika, that septum ring is fantastic! May I ask where you ordered it?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:05 am 

I really like stone jewellery, but I've heard a lot about how problematic the stone industry is, and the health costs to its workers. Does anyone know how to find ethically produced stone stuff?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:48 am 
Lime and a Coconut

Rebekah wrote:
Erika, that septum ring is fantastic! May I ask where you ordered it?

You certainly may! https://www.etsy.com/shop/aprilsblissed She's based in Bend, OR, and makes the prettiest stuff.

All of her rings can be ordered for left/right nostril or septum, and you can customize both the gauge and the internal diameter. Aces!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:01 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Thank you, Erika. The Hammered Lotus septum ring is especially nice...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next