| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject: Re: Body Mod Jewelry Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:10 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Oh wow, such a pretty septum (ring)!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:39 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

Thanks, Mars! Although my septum itself is pretty hot... took first runner-up in the Miss Western Septum pageant.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:38 am 

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
Thanks, Mars! Although my septum itself is pretty hot... took first runner-up in the Miss Western Septum pageant.

That bronze should have been yours, man.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:59 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Speaking of beautiful septums, I spend a lot of time staring at photos of septum piercings and wondering how big people's sweet spots are, how far forward their piercing is, worrying that mine's all wrong and my rings will never hang prettily...

Man, just when you thought you'd run out of body parts to fret over. "Gosh, if I could just have a nostril-dividing cartilage like hers..."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:10 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

Rebekah wrote:
Speaking of beautiful septums, I spend a lot of time staring at photos of septum piercings and wondering how big people's sweet spots are, how far forward their piercing is, worrying that mine's all wrong and my rings will never hang prettily...

Man, just when you thought you'd run out of body parts to fret over. "Gosh, if I could just have a nostril-dividing cartilage like hers..."

Ha!

I could drive myself crazy worrying about that. My piercing was thankfully perfectly done by a total pro and is straight and healed beautifully. Unfortunately, my nose itself is a bit crooked, and I can easily spend 5 minutes fussing in the mirror because my jewelry doesn't seem to 'hang' right. Ultimately I have to say "feh!" and not worry about it, because the only person who is going to notice that much is me.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:30 am 

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
Ultimately I have to say "feh!" and not worry about it, because the only person who is going to notice that much is me.

True. My septum piercing's slightly crooked, but everything about me is crooked. I'm more worried that... how to explain this... my piercing is so far forward/away from my face that by the time I can put rings in, they won't stack nicely and will be dangling miles from my face. Do other people worry about that?

Until I can stretch my piercing, I'll be staring up stranger's noses and wondering. Does anyone have anecdotes to share?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:29 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

amonik wrote:
Looking at jewelry online is a great way to make your goal gauge grow bigger and bigger...

... and it made me get rid of the idea that plugs/tunnels weren't my style! I ordered a bunch of 4mm stuff yesterday. Looking forward to wearing them in February or thereabouts.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:07 pm 
Wears Pleather Undies

Etsy is awesome. However, I wandered into a Spencer's (!!!) the other day. I needed to buy a new pair of pants last minute for a wedding so I actually went to a mall. In 2014. So bizarre. After pants shopping I decided I wanted to look at plugs, so I headed to Spencer's. They had BOGO 50% Body Jewelry so I got a couple pairs of tunnels. The guy at the register was really nice and set me up with a punch card, too. Buy 6 pairs get one free! I'll probably never be back, but sweet!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:16 pm 
WELFARIST!

Ugh. I'm trying to see if this one captive ring will fit in my septum but I can't get the balls on my old one off. I guess that's good because I don't have to worry about it falling off like my past 100 did but damn!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:43 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Rebekah wrote:
Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
Ultimately I have to say "feh!" and not worry about it, because the only person who is going to notice that much is me.

True. My septum piercing's slightly crooked, but everything about me is crooked. I'm more worried that... how to explain this... my piercing is so far forward/away from my face that by the time I can put rings in, they won't stack nicely and will be dangling miles from my face. Do other people worry about that?

Until I can stretch my piercing, I'll be staring up stranger's noses and wondering. Does anyone have anecdotes to share?

Now I'm worried my piercing is too far from my face.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:37 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Meh, it's all personal preference. My nostrils slant up and I knew going in that I needed to ask for it to be pierced higher up, because even tiny jewelry looks huge because you can see more of it. I know some people like really large diameters in their septum, not me. I have yet to find any jewelry that I can actually get in my nose but I think is small enough to look good (which is why I just wear a retainer).

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:30 am 

Rebekah wrote:

I have three rings, and they're always doing one thing or another. They're never just like sitting all perfectly like the VonTrapp family or something. But they always look sexy as hell! Anyhow, you can always just do it, try it out, and if you do't like it, you can go back. I'll also note that it took like three months with these three rings in at the size I am (like ~4g?) for the hole to relax a little, and not be forcing the rings to hang so tight.

When I originally got my septum pierced, I really wanted something like this:
Just spoilered because it's a close-up of someone's nose.
Spoiler: show

But my nose is the wrong shape for that. :( My nostrils don't show anywhere close to my septum.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:21 pm 

blondiefk wrote:
Now I'm worried my piercing is too far from my face.

Noooo, I have become the enemy! I take it all back!

I keep having to say phrases from this thread aloud to myself and slowly try to picture what they mean: "My nostrils slant up," got it. Can't quite nostrils don't show anywhere close to my septum" yet. I've spent so many years studying my own nose anxiously, I forgot to check out anyone else's.

But I had no problem picturing "sitting all perfectly like the VonnTrapp family or something." So cute.

I think I'll be fine with rings clustering a bit instead of stacking, I just don't want to keep throwing money at jewelry that doesn't suit my nose and tastes.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:12 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Mr. Shankly wrote:
Ugh. I'm trying to see if this one captive ring will fit in my septum but I can't get the balls on my old one off. I guess that's good because I don't have to worry about it falling off like my past 100 did but damn!

Assuming the balls screw off, if you have some latex or nitrile gloves around they should help you get enough grip to get them undone.

The above has probably offended you. I have found it impossible to post to these forums without offending someone. I have preemptively said 25 hail seitans in the hope that I may appease the ppk gods and not be smote from these boards.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:22 pm 
WELFARIST!

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Meh, it's all personal preference. My nostrils slant up and I knew going in that I needed to ask for it to be pierced higher up, because even tiny jewelry looks huge because you can see more of it. I know some people like really large diameters in their septum, not me. I have yet to find any jewelry that I can actually get in my nose but I think is small enough to look good (which is why I just wear a retainer).

Twins!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:30 pm 
WELFARIST!

shortbus wrote:
Mr. Shankly wrote:

Assuming the balls screw off, if you have some latex or nitrile gloves around they should help you get enough grip to get them undone.

Nothing got it off except for the next day while I was talking to my boss, one of the balls fell onto my clipboard. Awesome!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:11 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Mr. Shankly wrote:
shortbus wrote:
Mr. Shankly wrote:

Nothing got it off except for the next day while I was talking to my boss, one of the balls fell onto my clipboard. Awesome!

Ah yes. I had a similar thing happen while in the middle of teaching a class.

The above has probably offended you. I have found it impossible to post to these forums without offending someone. I have preemptively said 25 hail seitans in the hope that I may appease the ppk gods and not be smote from these boards.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:13 am 

My BAF order arrived yesterday, and I stretched my 12g septum up to 10g with no problems. Piece o' cake. Insert victory jig here.

I should write BAF a love letter. Here, I've paid the equivalent of $20-30 for each generic, externally threaded curved barbell. I got a LOT of stuff from BAF for that price.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:10 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Nevermind.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12