| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7869 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224 ... 315  Next
 Post subject: Re: What nail polish are you wearing?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:40 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Thanks guys! My cuticles tend toward the dry side anyway so I'm constantly using creams and such to keep them from drying out too much. Hoping to find a remover that's not too harsh. Thanks again!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:42 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

lavawitch wrote:
...You can do a whole hand with just one cotton ball and no mess or fuss.

Yep, I use that single shredded cotton ball approach. It even works on glitter. I just have naturally dry skin to begin with and the cuticles esp. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:52 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

You can make your own for cheap!
http://loodieloodieloodie.blogspot.com/ ... etone.html

I keep wanting to try this, but I've only found vegetable glycerin for sale online, and I keep forgetting to order it.

I keep my remover in a bottle with a pump top, it makes it way easier to control how much I use. I use one like this bottle from Sally Beauty Supply, but mine was cheaper because it has a plastic top instead of metal. http://www.sallybeauty.com/liquid-dispe ... =Nail09-02

twitter/instagram @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:51 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

LW! Did you see this?

http://www.stylebubble.co.uk/style_bubble/2012/07/chanel-x-covent-garden-phone-camerama.html

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:25 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

So the China Glaze and ORLY fall collections are both out at Sally's and have been for a few weeks. Which means, in theory, summer shades should go on clearance soon! Our stores are sill drowning in marked down Hunger Games and Dark Shadow polishes, even after having a couple of 1/2 off clearance Sundays. Also I can tell I really don't want something when it's $1.60 for a bottle of polish and i'm like 'ehhhhh'.

Or it could be because my polish drawer is full. I need a Helmer or a knockoff that definitely has drawers tall enough to hold polishes.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:05 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

ooops

Both Sally's and Ulta were on the way home today from the press check.

I really gotta stop this.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:34 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Also I can tell I really don't want something when it's $1.60 for a bottle of polish and i'm like 'ehhhhh'.

I've had that happen a lot recently! I think I've reached a point where I have pretty much every shade of the basic colors that I want, and quite a few cool glitters, crackles, flakies, etc. Now it's got to be an exceptional shade, unusual effect, or something like that for me to even consider it.

Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/StrangeJourneyDesign

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:40 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

mrsbadmouth wrote:
So the China Glaze and ORLY fall collections are both out at Sally's and have been for a few weeks. Which means, in theory, summer shades should go on clearance soon! Our stores are sill drowning in marked down Hunger Games and Dark Shadow polishes, even after having a couple of 1/2 off clearance Sundays. Also I can tell I really don't want something when it's $1.60 for a bottle of polish and i'm like 'ehhhhh'.

Or it could be because my polish drawer is full. I need a Helmer or a knockoff that definitely has drawers tall enough to hold polishes.

Go for a real Helmer. I have Helmer, and I have the drawer unit from Michaels that bloggers call a "Melmer" and the Helmer is just a way sturdier piece of furniture, and it holds soooooo much more. I'm about to buy a second Helmer and I'll just use the Melmer for my other makeup which is a much smaller collection, and is less precious to me. Whatever you get make sure to line the bottom of the drawers with that rubber/foam drawer liner stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:17 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I'm wearing Claire's Birthday Party, and instead of putting it over this pink-gold CG I normally do, I put it over a white to make the hot pink really pop or something. BUT IT LOOKS TERRIBLE. Luckily I have to do the dishes when I get home, so after the gloves and hot water it'll come off really easy.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:57 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

i "hilariously" (aka dumbly) painted my nails the wrong color last night. awesome. i was planning to do a england tristam (to coordinate with my st george toes) and apparently accidentally grabbed lady of the lake instead. i did my nails in crappy lighting at 9.30pm (obvs) so i didn't notice until like 3 hours later when i was getting ready for bed. i kept thinking, this is much more purple than i remembered... and then DOY.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:52 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

going to a wedding tonight: BL Jaffa on my hands, BL MacBeth on my toes... awesome.

They both have such a great formula. I wish Trout Pout was as easy to apply. I think I need some thinning drops. Does anyone use a brand that's not Zoya?

Instagram: entropyandennui

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:04 pm 

Nicole wrote:
going to a wedding tonight: BL Jaffa on my hands, BL MacBeth on my toes... awesome.

They both have such a great formula. I wish Trout Pout was as easy to apply. I think I need some thinning drops. Does anyone use a brand that's not Zoya?

I need to use some of my other BL because I keep trying Teddy Girl, Alcopop, and Trout Pout, and they just aren't as nice to work with.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:43 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Sally Beauty Supply sells thinner under their Beauty Secrets store brand. If I recall it's pretty cheap.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:49 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Make sure you get 3-free thinner, otherwise you are ruining your polish!

I've used the Zoya in some of my ancient Chanel polishes to great results. Ive also used the Seche Vite in a few of the oldies that are not 3 free; my god, the stench. It fixed my old silver metallic from 1989, but the smell makes it sadly unwearable because the stench from the SV stays even once the polish is dry. It smells exactly like mothballs. It's even more obnoxious than the rose scent of Dior Waterlily.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:54 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

ndpittman wrote:
Nicole wrote:

I need to use some of my other BL because I keep trying Teddy Girl, Alcopop, and Trout Pout, and they just aren't as nice to work with.

I just bought BL's Wallis, Rosie Lee, and Fairy Lights yesterday. Have not tried them yet. Already have MacBeth and love it. Easy to apply. Some of these brands with the large brushes are so weird and clumpy (WnW Fergie). And I'm shaky. Have an nearly impossible time applying to my dominant hand. Takes me forever so fast drying not so good for me.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:01 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

ndpittman wrote:

I missed that earlier. Those cars are cute!

My aunt said she will send me something from there. She is going to be in London for the Olympics and already had a visit planned. She and I are somewhat kindred spirits in some ways!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:38 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

So, I did a search for Ulta brand nail polish and can't find any info n whether it's vegan and cruelty free. <sigh> Why can't this stuff be easy to find? They must be manufacturing through someone else since they're not on either of Peta's lists.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:51 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Ulta store brand is cruelty free, and if I remember right their cheaper line of polish looked vegan, but their more expensive line may contain either carmine or guanine. Your best bet is to check ingredients, I'm pretty sure the lists are on their website.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:22 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

jessilikewhoa wrote:
Ulta store brand is cruelty free, and if I remember right their cheaper line of polish looked vegan, but their more expensive line may contain either carmine or guanine. Your best bet is to check ingredients, I'm pretty sure the lists are on their website.

Just checked, guanine. I didn't even notice that they had two different lines. Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:18 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

mrsbadmouth wrote:

I'm jealous of your clearance sales! Nail polish barely gets marked down over here.

Alternating Zoya Robin and China Glaze First Mate, bonus cat fur:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:24 am 
Ninja Master

I painted my nails last night with my new illamasqua colour and did an alternative french (it's dark grey). I have done the most horrible job with it, I don't think I can stand to look at its ugly wonkiness until it chips. That shiitake is coming off tonight!

Food & beauty blog: http://alienontoast.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/alienontoast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoZl0Q3szfT7TXQOkVCYypA

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:16 pm 

I keep hemming and hawing about getting CND Shellac. The new salon that opened by my house is currently running an opening 20% special through the end of July, so it'd be a good time to try it. I don't know what my issue is.

fisticuffs: that looks lovely!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:30 pm 
Stepford Vegan

Any reviews on SpaRitual's 'truebond'? Nothing seems to keep my polish on for more than 12 hours...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:59 pm 

butter LONDON fall colors!!!!

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/butter-london-3-free-autumn-winter-2012-collection-nail-lacquer/3367922?origin=keywordsearch&fashionColor=GOBSMACKED&resultback=136

GOBSMACKED!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:00 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

ndpittman wrote:
butter LONDON fall colors!!!!

Yay! And also... meh?

Quote:
Shades featured in the Fall 2012 collection include:
- Dodgy Barnett: Another highly holographic lacquer in classic grey-silver.
- Gobsmacked: A heavy coating of charcoal grey glitter that has a slightly textured finish. This shade is unlike anything we've seen before – a legend in the making!
- Lovely Jubbly: A sultry glitter with a distinctly retro 70's feel. Magenta pink flecked with red and blue - heavy glitter coverage for Disco Divas.
- Shag: An orange-burgundy metallic lacquer that looks like fallen Autumn leaves. Sigh.
- Trustafarian: An edgy neutral look that is highly holographic, and sits between a pale sage green and gold.

Ok so...
Dodgy Barnett - we already have Diamond Geezer and Lillibet's Jubilee - how will this be different, or different enough?
Gobsmacked - I think this is the one I'm most interested in, but not totally drooling over it either.
Lovely Jubbly - Cute. Not my cuppa... but I know that's just me.
Shag - I need to see this in person. It could be fantastic but... (Might need it just for the name)
Trustafarian - Possibilities. I wish it was more gray.

At any rate, looking forward to swatches!

Instagram: entropyandennui

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7869 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224 ... 315  Next