| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7479 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 266, 267, 268, 269, 270, 271, 272 ... 300  Next
 Post subject: Re: What nail polish are you wearing?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:44 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Color Club Reign In Spain from my BFF's Birchbox. It's pretty nice! Formula is fairly good for a pastel neon. Reminds me a lot of BL Trout Pout (but brighter?). I was outside a little while ago when there was just a little bit of natural light left and it looked like it was glowing... so cool.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:45 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

rentaghost wrote:
My holographic varnish looks so dead in most light. I've noticed it's at it's best under the spotlights when I'm drying my hands in the public toilets - where no one but me can appreciate it!

Pull people into the bathroom with you!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:12 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Wet n Wild has a summer limited edition display of their Fergie line, and most of the nail polishes look like re-promotes, but there's one called Cabo Cruise that's new and it's gorgeous and I can't remember seeing another polish like it from any brand. It's an almost neon blue with hidden greenish teal shimmer. It's super pretty and everyone should buy it.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:29 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i did a full mani/pedi in BL all hail mcqueen for my trip to the grand canyon. i was pretty proud of myself for how well i color-coordinated with the scenery, ell oh ell.

meanwhile, i'm trying not to have a freakout over one of the new a england shades, what with the shipping debacles and all.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:33 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

It looks like Llarowe still sells a england in the US. I've ordered from Llarowe multiple times and have only had good experiences.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:58 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

ooooh, thanks!!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:20 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Butter London Dosh

you cannot see the gold in the photo but I do see it shining in the light ...

http://www.butterlondon.com/lacquers/3- ... il-lacquer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:19 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

From Scrangie: Starting tomorrow through the 17th, you can get 30% off your order at butterlondon.com with code FFSUMMER

Thought I'd share.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:27 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

i came her to give the code but jessi beat me! :D

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:34 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

rentaghost wrote:
My holographic varnish looks so dead in most light. I've noticed it's at it's best under the spotlights when I'm drying my hands in the public toilets - where no one but me can appreciate it!

I've noticed that too. Sunlight gives the best holo effect but if I put a clear coat of anything on top, it totally dies even in sunlight. Top coat and holo don't seem to work together.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:14 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Zoya is having a BOGO on past summer collections. I'm on a 'don't buy dumb shiitake' thing right now, but I thought i'd pass it along.

Is it just me or does polish kind of suck this year? I hit up the Zoya Earth Day sale, and i've gotten a few bottles of ORLY and that's it. It might be because I do have a pretty big collection and I haven't seen any super impressive glitters which are usually my kryptonite.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:06 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

It has been a blah polish year.

Chanel summer polishes are amazing metallics, but all the rest were fairly unexciting. Pretty, but probably not colors I'll still be carefully hoarding 10 years from now. I never even bought the spring colors.

There seems to be more emphasis on nail art these days instead of super special polishes.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:15 pm 

Textured polishes are the new thing, and I think most of them look awful.

It's just as well that nothing too exciting is coming out, there is no Ulta here and the Sally's is so small that they don't even put out collection displays.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:24 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

yep, i haven't had much problem resisting lately, i think largely because i'm not into the texture thing. i *do* like one of the new a england shades (sleeping palace) but not so much that i need it Right This Minute or anything.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:32 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

dudes my fingers and toes are pink with gold glitter

p.awesome imo

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:00 am 
Baking In The Flavor

lavawitch wrote:

Chanel summer polishes are amazing metallics, but all the rest were fairly unexciting. Pretty, but probably not colors I'll still be carefully hoarding 10 years from now. I never even bought the spring colors.

There seems to be more emphasis on nail art these days instead of super special polishes.

Yes! The very newest Chanel colors we have here are SO BORING! It might even be a new display of old boring colors shuffled around. The summer colors were cool though. I am wearing Azure right now, so pretty!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:56 am 
Bathes in Braggs

I've gotten two of the Zoya PixieDust colors, just because the online pics are so pretty, but I absolutely cannot wear them without top coat. The texture just squicks me out so much!

I was starting to think that I'd reached the peak of my polish collection, since nothing has really called to me lately. I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing that it's just lack of good colors! ;-)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:22 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

joshua wrote:
dudes my fingers and toes are pink with gold glitter

p.awesome imo

<3

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:16 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Ha! My first world problem of the week is that I DON'T have gold glitter to put over my pink nails. Obviously joshua, I'm a little jealous.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:25 am 
Discovered unobtainium

stellamarie wrote:
lavawitch wrote:

Yes! The very newest Chanel colors we have here are SO BORING! It might even be a new display of old boring colors shuffled around. The summer colors were cool though. I am wearing Azure right now, so pretty!

No, they are new old boring colors and not at all enticing for Summer. I wasn't even tempted to buy one of them when I went to Lard & Taylor during the 15% off cosmetics sale for my sunscreen. If you know me, that's pretty remarkable. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come with Peter Philips gone: super high prices and nothing worth buying.

I hate that OPI sand or whatever finish. I'm nt sure why but the whole idea of texture on nails makes me cringe a bit.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:19 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I don't mind the textured polishes for neutrals, I have a nude and a grey from Zoya, and a black from Orly, and I like them, but I think that finish looks awful with colorful polishes.

Also the Nails Inc Leather Effect polishes are super cool. They're textured, but only once they dry, they paint on smooth. I dunno how it works, magic? Anyway when they dry the texture really does look like leather. I bought the black one and it's good stuff.

Overall though I've been less interested in polishes this year, I got two or three Orlys from the spring and summer collections, and I think just one from China Glaze's spring collection, two from the latest RBL release, and no Zoyas except the two textured guys. I did buy some of the crazy new Hard Candy glitters, but the polish world overall I've been unimpressed. Reading this paragraph it probably doesn't sound like that, but I've gone from buying ten or more polishes a month to one or two a month, if even that many.

But I also have over 800 polishes, so it takes a lot for something to not be a dupe to a polish I already own.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:37 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Yeah... I'm also at a point where I don't feel compelled to buy anything unless I feel like it's distinctly different from anything else in my collection. Also, my rack is getting full and I don't think I want to buy another one...

(Watch me quote myself in about 6 months when I've bought another rack)

This all being said - I ordered Sunbaker, Champers, Pitter Patter and Posh Bird from the BL 30% off event.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:05 pm 
Impressive boner

On my fingers I have a princess party glitter bomb - Barry M sequins in pink with some silver glitter over the top.
My toes are electric blue glitter.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:36 pm 

Maybe we should have a nail polish challenge? Like we pick a color each week and we have to use one we already have? It seems like an excellent time to go on a no buy challenge.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:38 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

That sounds fun!

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 7479 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 266, 267, 268, 269, 270, 271, 272 ... 300  Next