| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7658 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 273, 274, 275, 276, 277, 278, 279 ... 307  Next
 Post subject: Re: What nail polish are you wearing?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:01 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Is A England only available online in the UK? I'd rather see the colours in person but there's only info on non UK stockists on their website and it's really hard thing to do an online search for their name!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:13 pm 
Impressive boner

Nail Pop in Vintage with Barry M's Aqua Glitter, black acrylic paint and clear topcoat.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:46 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

8ball - love your blue leopard print mani!

rentaghost wrote:
Is A England only available online in the UK? I'd rather see the colours in person but there's only info on non UK stockists on their website and it's really hard thing to do an online search for their name!

Yup, I don't think they have any physical stores carrying it. If you google A England plus the polish name you'll find lots of photos online, that'll be your best bet if you can't see them in person :)

Bastille Day Nails - Ulta3 Lily White, Blue Marlin, and Sizzling Red plus permanent markets and hex glitter

Ulta3 Spring Break (purple), Mojito (green), Glamourpuss (silver), and Gossip (glitter) plus Cheeky stamping plate CH44

Ulta3 Blue Marlin, Burnt Orange, Lily White, and Over the Rainbow

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:59 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Kitteh you have the most amazing nails! 8ball I love the leopard!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:21 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Someone linked me kitty stamping plates on FB the other day and I think I should get them.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:58 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Thanks, lobster!

I put this in the brand thread but will share it here as well: I just got confirmation that Picture Polish do not test on animals and they do not contain any animal ingredients - yay!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:27 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

It's been too humid to do my nails, and it's making me crazy because I just got my Rescue Beauty Lounge pre-order polishes and they're so pretty I want to wear them!

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:45 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

jessilikewhoa wrote:
It's been too humid to do my nails, and it's making me crazy because I just got my Rescue Beauty Lounge pre-order polishes and they're so pretty I want to wear them!

I want to see 'em! I think they're next on my list to try :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:02 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Just so you know, the RBL label says may contain guanine. I contacted Ji who contacted their lab and checked on specific colors for me, and the lab lady said that none of the colors since she's been formulating them have had guanine, but she doesn't know about the older colors. So they might not be vegan, but it seems like all the new colors are. They're my favorite brand hands down, the formula is almost always perfect, quick drying, usually near opaque in one coat and totally opaque in two.

I ordered Scrangie 2.0 (and I'm glad I did because it sold out in 10 hours, and won't be back til late fall) Fashion Polish, Liberty, and An Accidental Interloper. I wanted Nails and Noms too, but I couldn't justify 5 polishes at $20 a piece at once.

I can't wait for the Fan Collection 2.0 in a few months to see what Ji comes up with next. I really haven't been buying polish at near the frequency I was before, but I always get something from RBL pre-orders.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:05 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

My nails are in terrible shape. I'm not even sure what to do for them. I realized it wasn't the shellac/gel polish that was the issue so much as the way it's removed. Now my nails are like white and peel-y towards the tips. Down far enough where I can't just cut it off. I've been keeping them bare and using lotion and oil. Anyone have any tips?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:11 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Go to Whole Foods and buy the No Miss nail strengthener/hardener thing. It's really good.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:28 am 
Ninja Master

ndpittman wrote:
My nails are in terrible shape. I'm not even sure what to do for them. I realized it wasn't the shellac/gel polish that was the issue so much as the way it's removed. Now my nails are like white and peel-y towards the tips. Down far enough where I can't just cut it off. I've been keeping them bare and using lotion and oil. Anyone have any tips?

Cuticle oil twice a day will help. Also use a buffer and just very very gently buff off the peely bits. Don't go crazy just take off the peelage. Also, a nail strengthener or even just clear polish will help, just something to give a bit of extra strength.

How did they remove them? Shellac application and removal shouldn't cause any damage to your nails if it's done by a properly trained tech (especially if you use solar oil twice a day when it's on) - it's one of their major selling points and one of the reasons I'm thinking of swapping to it.

I do love Gelicure but the removal can be tough and sometimes I don't have time to take as much care during removal on myself as I would with a client. So my nails are a bit crepe without it.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:12 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

This was technically OPI Gel color. They put a bit of cotton soaked in acetone on the nail, then wrap it in tin foil for maybe five minutes? Then kind of push it off with the cuticle pusher thing. Sometimes they would file on top of the nail which makes my skin crawl. I think it's a combination of the filing, scraping, and acetone. Plus I wasn't as good with oil as I should have been. I did a light buff last night before oil and cream. I really need to cut them a bit though, and I think that's going to be the biggest help.

I will check out the No Miss if I get over to the other Whole Foods. (The one closest to me doesn't really have cosmetics, though they'll sometimes have something special in an end cap.)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:02 pm 
Ninja Master

Yeah there shouldn't be any scraping and definitely no filing of the nail plate, that'll be why they're damaged. Keep them short for a bit and just keep putting on the cuticle oil. They'll recover! :0)

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:53 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

i got a holo! it's china glaze galactic gray and it was on the clearance shelf for $4.99

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:30 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I got Dress Me Up and Def Defying today!

Dress Me Up: (spoiler because it's a giant image)
Spoiler: show

Def Defying:

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:57 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I finally put on that color changing Ruby Wing polish on, and it looks terrible on me. It's of the tone that makes my fingers look red. I'm going to wait until tomorrow to take it off so I can see it change, but I smudged my thumb while cleaning up around my cuticles and didn't even care.

Also I went to an Ulta today that had Zoya pixie dust, so I got Beatrix which is tangerine orange with gold shimmerzzzzzz. I was going to put that on but I was trying to stick with the challenge.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:03 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Yellow mostly only looks good on people with very dark skin (is there any color that doesn't look great other than grey?), so just embrace the bad and have fun.

What do you think of the pixie dust polishes? I'm unconvinced by the textures, but that could be because any unusual texture on my nails drives me bonkers.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:05 pm 

I haven't tried it yet, but they're the only textured ones i've seen swatches of that didn't immediately make me want to throw up.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:06 pm 

Also this Ruby Wing is my own fault, I know yellow is a finicky color so with my other yellows I purposely searched for cool toned ones to decrease the chances of awful. I was blinded by the big, beautiful display.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:07 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I've got a black matte rubber polish and even that skeeves me a bit and it is perfectly smooth. Also: its a bisque to apply because any mistake is magnified by a factor of 158080246. It really does look like car tires though.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:16 pm 

Insult to injury: painted a tiny piece of fuzz/hair into my thumb nail. It's dark and this polish is almost pastel. God dammit.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:29 am 
Lubes With Earth Balance

I have two of the Pixie Dust polishes. While I love the colors and the amount of shimmer, I absolutely cannot wear them without top coat. I tried, and didn't make it more than one hour. The texture is just WAY too much for me, and even brushing against the textured nail with my other hand made my skin crawl. I can't even imagine feeling that all day, against everything that my nails come in contact with. <shudder>

But they are lovely with top coat! Defeats the purpose, I guess, but in the end it's pretty polish.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:30 am 
Discovered unobtainium

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Insult to injury: painted a tiny piece of fuzz/hair into my thumb nail. It's dark and this polish is almost pastel. God dammit.

I did that with the glitter, so I was stuck with it (hah!) all week. I've had feathers stuck too.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:41 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Kitteh: amazing as usual! 8ball, love your nails too!

Lobsterrific, I have Dress me up too and love it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7658 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 273, 274, 275, 276, 277, 278, 279 ... 307  Next