| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Blossom/Blossom Cafe/Blossom du Jour
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:11 pm 
Ate all the pumpkin seeds

A Blossom du Jour just opened at Cooper Union and the boy and I wandered down there today. It's located inside a gym, which is really weird/annoying. Anyhow, I got the chicken cesaer BLT and the boy got the buffalo chicken wrap. Our overall reaction was Meh to Blech. my BLT was completely mediocre. It reminded me of the chicken bacon ranch at Terri's, except that Terri's version is way, way better. The boy's buffalo wrap sucked. When he ordered it, the woman behind the counter said they were premade, so he grabbed it from the fridge. It was cold, so he asked her to heat it up. She put it in the toaster oven for a while, but it was still ice cold in the center and just icky. Seriously, who serves buffalo chicken cold? Oh, and our bill for two "fast food" sandwiches was $20.

I'm disappointed and won't be going back. Terri's is MUCH better if you're looking for a good quick sandwich.

Post subject: Re: Blossom/Blossom Cafe/Blossom du Jour
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 5:25 pm 
Semen Strong

Oh that sucks! Cold chicken wrap sounds gross. That area probably has more vegan vegan food options than any other, so thanks for the heads up not to waste time or money there.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 5:32 pm 

It's true that there are much better options in the area. The boy kept griping about how for the same price we could've gone to Curly's and had their buffalo chicken sandwich instead. Next time we will.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 12:43 pm 
Semen Strong

Curly's Thanksgiving sandwich is insane!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 9:13 pm 
Tofu Pup

I love the BLT Caesar, I've been having it at least twice a week at their Chelsea location. I haven't had Terri's sandwiches because I heard they use that May Wah (or however you spell it) stuff and I'd never put that in my body -- talk about processed! Blossom uses Gardien, which is quality stuff. Went down to Cooper Square, and yeah, it's in a gym but there are a bunch of counter seats and then 4 tables off to the side. It was explained to me that they are trying to convert as many people as they can to veganism so they had the idea to plant the vegan seed inside gyms where people who are supposedly into their health spend a great deal of time. From what I was told by the manager today they've taken tons of gym members off of whey protein and they're getting great feedback about having vegan food options available. I definitely give Blossom props for their forward thinking strategy. Every time I walk into BDJ in Chelsea I think of what guts and innovative thinking it took to put happy farm animals on a screen that's practically bigger than their counter, and then pair that with incredible food.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 9:22 pm 

kfisher?

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 12:20 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

because crepe knows gardein isn't processed.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 7:47 am 
Tofu Pup

It's all processed, but May Wah is pure garbage. My roommate used to work at Red Bamboo for years and that's all they serve and she said she wouldn't eat that to save her life. A piece of it costs something like 20 cents, and then they sell it in a sandwich to you for $8. "Wheat protein", which is the top ingredient can be anything, and it probably is. Scary! I get what you're saying about a cold buff wrap -- totally odd, but then why'd you order it? lol! I'm a fan of BDJ's Midtown Melt myself.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:26 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Two people joined the PPK just to comment on this thread?

Fascinating.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 10:48 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

doncherryfan wrote:

Fascinating.

May Wah must have done something terrible to them.

I'm going to put my cats in a baby bjorn and be like, "LOOK WE CAN STILL HANG OUT LOOK WE'RE HAVING A PLAYDATE." - bathsheba

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 10:59 pm 
Chard Martyr

really surprising, but jared and penelope both posted from the same IP address.

If you're a restaurant and you want to defend your product, please just sign up and let us know who you are and defend away. It's pretty sketchy and just bad business to pretend to be a regular consumer and it's especially bad business to bad mouth other vegan restaurants.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 11:42 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

ijustdiedinside wrote:
really surprising, but jared and penelope both posted from the same IP address.

If you're a restaurant and you want to defend your product, please just sign up and let us know who you are and defend away. It's pretty sketchy and just bad business to pretend to be a regular consumer and it's especially bad business to bad mouth other vegan restaurants.

not gonna lie: it's made me a little concerned about patronizing Blossom restaurants in the future.

I'm going to put my cats in a baby bjorn and be like, "LOOK WE CAN STILL HANG OUT LOOK WE'RE HAVING A PLAYDATE." - bathsheba

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:07 am 

Kfisher, I knew it. I do appreciate that they took the time to say it was my boyfriend's fault that the buffalo chicken wrap was subpar because he dared order it. We won't be going back to BDJ, obviously, but after this thread we'll also be passing on Blossom and Blossom Cafe as well. There's a lot of good vegan restaurants in this city, so they'll be easy to avoid.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:38 pm 
FAYGO

Wow. This is really disappointing. I really love Blossom and Cafe Blossom (and V-Note finally improved), but the dishonesty happening in this thread has made me seriously reconsider frequenting Blossom-owned restaurants (which sucks since I still have a Cocoa V Groupon).
Jared wrote:
IWent down to Cooper Square, and yeah, it's in a gym but there are a bunch of counter seats and then 4 tables off to the side. It was explained to me that they are trying to convert as many people as they can to veganism so they had the idea to plant the vegan seed inside gyms where people who are supposedly into their health spend a great deal of time.

Kind of like how Terri is built into a New York Health and Raquet Club, right?

ETA: Apparently BDJ's gym is also a NYHRC.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:42 pm 
Married to the wolfman

EmperorTomatoKetchup wrote:
doncherryfan wrote:

Fascinating.

May Wah must have done something terrible to them.

May Wah killed their fathers.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]