| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ikea Elizabeth Vegan Food
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:42 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

PSA: Ikea has seriously upped its vegan offerings this year!! I've been twice in the past few weeks and tried their new vegan split pea soup w/ kale (insanely good) and the new lentil kale soup w/ squash (very good). It's amazing you can get a big bowl of delicious vegan soup and a decent salad for under $5. They also have new vegan quinoa-vegetable balls in the style of their swedish meatballs that are really tasty! You can get it on a platter with veggies or in a wrap with hummus and harissa. My partner got the wrap and I tried some, it was tasty!! Finally, they added a hummus veggie wrap. One day I got the soup and veggie wrap, another day i got the soup and salad. You can't beat it, especially with a little kid who can go over to the ball pit and play, it's worth it even if all you need is a basket like I did!

In sad news, I couldn't find the vegan caviar either time I was there. I hope they get it back in!

Post subject: Re: Ikea Elizabeth Vegan Food
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:58 pm 
Tofu Pup

I agree! I am looking for a recipe that will be like the Split Pea and Kale soup at Ikea. Any ideas? I am also hoping to find a way to recreate the Quinoa Veggie Balls. Thanks in advance!

Post subject: Re: Ikea Elizabeth Vegan Food
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:50 pm 
***LIES!!!***

You can buy the veggie balls frozen in the store, should be available at any IKEA. I wish they sold the gravy they serve them with, that stuff is super yum. Also, you can get the veggie balls as part of a kids meal with veg or fries.