| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Best Place to Sell Car, Tv?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:44 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

I have been lugging all my property around in my car for about 4 or 5 months now, and finally decided that my car is just not worth the extra change I have to fork over every month to have it for those 2 odd occasions I take it around. I also have a flat-screen LCD tv that I need to get rid of, because it's literally untouched from about 6 months back and needs to find itself a good place to go without getting totally forked over by cashing it in at a pawn shop. What's the best way to go about this, NYers? Do you know of a place that gives honest trade-in value for items? My car is pretty old and honestly a little beat up but it is still in running condition with no major issues to date, and is a good model + make so for the mileage, plus it still has alot more life in it so I'm not sure if just trashing it would be the best option. Did I mention I'm in debt? I have a little bit of money I owe to the dentist after my insurance lapsed and he decided he would charge me for care when I was 19 and carrying a full school schedule and a part time job. I need the money for that + a trip that I'll be going on in March and maybe, if luck provides, a little bit to finally get a winter coat! Agh, but most importantly, I need to start bringing in money before my pay begins to work its magic on my debt.

Post subject: Re: Best Place to Sell Car, Tv?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:42 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Craigslist? http://newyork.craigslist.org/

Post subject: Re: Best Place to Sell Car, Tv?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:31 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

I've only ever sold cars to people I know, so maybe ask around to see if any of your friends' friends are looking for a car? I think people like the security of actually knowing the person selling them a used car.

I'd definitely do craigslist for the tv.