| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Brunch (with booze)
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 12:36 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

I haven't been out to brunch in like two years (!), so I'm a bit out of the loop. Brunch is the one time I find myself mourning Counter, because while NYC is never short on vegan options, when you want a nice cocktail with your brunch it seems like there aren't so many places to go. But like I said, I'm outta the brunch loop. So where can I eat well and get a Bloody Mary?

Post subject: Re: Brunch (with booze)
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:05 pm 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

Cafe Blossom on Columbus looks like it has the brunch + booze combo you're after. Also, and it's not on the online menu, Cafe Blossom on Carmine had French Toast and cocktails on the menu at lunch today. Their southern fried seitan plate is ridiculously good too, if it had been a place that served meat I'd have been asking questions!

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 12:02 pm 
Tofu Pup

quantum leap has beer & wine (and amazing garlic fries we always get as an app to share) - not sure about liquor. same goes for sacred chow. der kommissar is a bar in park slope with vegan sausages and lots of sides - but no pancakey things.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 11:56 am 
Has Isa on speed dial

Pure Food and Wine actually makes a delightful brunch spot.

What may stop you is that they are all raw and pricey, however, their brunch prices are more affordable, and their selection goes over quite well for brunch, whether you get a massive salad, a hemp burger or a dessert crepe (very good).

Also, the atmosphere is one of the nicer vegan restaurants and you may have the option of eating in the garden space in the back. Going for a stroll in Irving Place/Gramercy Park/Union Square neighborhood is also a nice post brunch activity.

They have a couple nice organic beers or get a mimosa. You could ask for a glass of wine as well I bet. I can’t vouch for the Bloody Mary though. They have a cocktail list, but I’m not sure if you can order from in at brunch time but for sure you can order mimosas and beer during the day.

Another mention for just really good brunch food would be Peacefood Café (Upper West Side), but they don’t serve alcohol. However it’s in such a dense neighborhood with bars and such, that you could pop over to someplace else to get a drink without too much hassle. Then make your way to Central Park.