| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sublet in the city!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:51 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hello loves!

This is my very first post! I'll admit, I've been lurking terribly in recipes for the holidays and a few other threads but popping my new board cherry here! Anyway, my fiance and I will be in New York with my family for about 10 days, and are looking for the last three (of course, Dec. 29th, 30th & 31st ha!) to sublet a place, just the two of us, since it seems to be cheaper than a hotel right now and much more awesome since the beau's never been! So I'm calling upon the PPKers in NYC to help a fellow vegan lady out! Know of any places that sublet with or without a fee? Other than craigslist, homeaway, vrbo... Know anyone who only wants people to stay there over the holidays that wouldn't cook non-vegan stuff?? Etc. etc :) It's super appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Sublet in the city!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:31 pm 
Member type 4

taune wrote:
HKnow of any places that sublet with or without a fee? Other than craigslist, homeaway, vrbo... Know anyone who only wants people to stay there over the holidays that wouldn't cook non-vegan stuff?? Etc. etc :) It's super appreciated.

That's pretty specific. Good luck. Especially during that timeframe... hmm. You'll probably just find someone who's subletting their place because they are getting the fork out of NYC for New Years (like most sane people), but finding a strictly vegan sublet isn't the easiest thing to do in one of the most hectic times to find a place to stay.

I could be totally wrong, though. Have fun.

Most people charge fees because the fee pays the previous subletting inhabitant's security deposit, which stems from a real security deposit that was, at one point, paid back to the original roommate who left in the first place. I don't know if any of that made sense. I'm sleepy.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:50 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hmm, maybe that came out wrong. I didn't mean a vegan specific sublet.. I don't have ridiculous expectations and would never think to ask that :) I was just saying that in case anyone has friends or acquaintances going out of town that are vegan, maybe they would prefer vegan sub-letters; which would give us a leg-up to strangers. That's all. Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:52 pm 
Tofu Pup

Oh & also, if ever looking for vacation rentals (long or short-term) homeaway.com is a great resource. I've found a lot of super great places in the last day or so that seem legitimate. Guess every "sane" person that is leaving Ny for New Year's is making it easier for me to find a place!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:35 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Man, NYE was the easiest time for me to fit visiting long distance BKLN guy into my schedule.

I'm nervous.

Should I strongly suggest we stay in that night?