| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 12 hours to eat my way through NYC
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:05 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Snice has a decent breakfast burrito, if I recall correctly. Cinnamon Snail is worth some effort.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:01 pm 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

rachell37 wrote:
I've looked at the Cinnamon Snail, and I'm definitely considering it, but since I don't have a smart phone and won't be able to check the location before I leave Duchess County in the morning, I'd like a back-up that has a fixed location.

The Cinnamon Snail is generally static week to week, it just changes where it is each day of the week. I know on Tuesdays it's always in the Financial District. I'd guess if you look on their facebook page or something it should list some previous schedules, and I believe every Sunday they post a confirmation of the coming week's locations.

I've never actually had their breakfast foods but I would without hesitation make them a guaranteed stop on a trip of mine.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:25 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

their pancakes are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:46 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

NYC recap: Saturday we had breakfast at Murray's Bagels (staying near Times Square, The Bagel Store seemed a bit too far away just for cream cheese bagels) - they have some nice vegan options (like tofu egg salad). For a snack, we went to Babycakes - it was great (Samoa donuts!), but I had honestly been hoping for some delicious, deep-fried unhealthy stuff. For dinner we then had to satisfy my junk food cravings at Foodswings (LOVELOVELOVE my hips are thanking the place for being so far away) where all 3 of us had different burgers and we shared a side of chipotle cheese fries. My company declared them as "the best veggie burgers they ever had" and I fully agree. Highly recommended.
Sunday we then did drive to Brooklyn to Champs, where we had some very nicely spiced Chai Latte, Red Velvet chocolate chip pancakes, french toast and I couldn't resist having a side of cheesecake brownie (with the french toast) for breakfast. Overall absolutely delicious and what I had hoped to find there. I bought a slice of Oreo cake to go. It was HUGE (more like my definition of 2 slices) and truly good. For dinner, I had made a reservation at Candle Cafe West because I absolutely wanted to have some vegan gourmet food while in NYC. We had spaghetti with wheatballs, grilled kale salad with some tofu and I took the special "pumpkin crusted seitan". I would have loved to try their desserts, but I just found them to really be a bit _too expensive and we wanted to hurry back to our hotel (as it was Sunday evening and they were shutting down the public transport for Sandy)
Overall, my two omnis did not once complain about the vegan food, they enjoyed everything we had on those two days. :)

...yeah, and then I just managed to escape the chaos and get back on my bus to Montreal that evening.