Jivamuktea Café, located in the prestigious Jivamukti Yoga Center, is seeking a General Manager.
The Cafe General Manager is a full time, hands-on position for a fully vegan, 65-seat cafe with responsibility for all restaurant-related functions, systems, and processes. Your active involvement will be in achieving outstanding guest service, increasing revenue, and providing sound cost controls. You will manage staff as their leader, coach, and mentor. Also, you will be a public face for the café, interacting with customers daily.
• Manage daily operations of café, both front-of-house and back-of-house
• Perform human resources related functions, including hiring, scheduling, directing, and developing leaders among your staff.
• Ensuring daily that proper health and safety standards are in place, exceeding NYC Dept of Health requirements.
• Manage profits through increased revenue and additional revenue streams.
• Control loss by managing product waste, workflow inefficiencies, ordering accuracy, and proper maintenance of the infrastructure.
• Analyze financial reports on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
• 1 year prior Kitchen Manager or Restaurant Manager experience preferred
• Established history of sound financial management
• Basic business math and accounting skills and strong analytical/decision-making skills
• In-depth knowledge of POS systems
• Basic personal computer literacy (Outlook, Microsoft Office, Excel)
• Ability to work a full-time flexible schedule; i.e. rotating shifts mornings, nights, & weekends.
Please include resume in body of your email, no attachments accepted. info at jivamuktiyoga dot com