| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: V-Note
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:39 pm 
FAYGO

I went for dinner with four people on Sunday and I'm sad to say I don't think any of us were all that impressed. I don't think we got a really representative sample of the menu, though, so I wonder what other people thought.

Our general impression was that everything needed salt. Two people requested the soy bacon cheeseburger from the lunch menu and they seemed happy, but I (and another person) had the ravioli with cashew cream and it wasn't anything special. The filling was good but the sauce was definitely lacking. The portion was generous, though.

I love Blossom, so I really expected more from them. Especially since I'm usually really easy to please when it comes to food (I can only think of one negative review I've left around here, and even that had a little something positive in it).

I'll definitely give them at least one more chance since we didn't get any dessert and I really want to try that fondue. Also, I forgot to use my Groupon.

Have you been? What'd you get? How did you like it?

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re: V-Note
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:57 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I went with a friend for dinner a couple weeks ago, and we weren't that impressed either. We got the seitan schnitzel starter, which was somewhat bland. My friend agreed with you about the ravioli with cashew cream (even though apparently the same dish was good at Blossom—I haven't had it). I got the feijoadinha with smoky tempeh, which was pretty good, but not something I'd be psyched about ordering again. Then we had ice cream for dessert, and it was weirdly flavored and had a chemical aftertaste. I'm still curious what kind it was. I figure since they're new, they could work things out over time (they did ask us for feedback on the starter), but I still felt a pang of regret when we passed Candle Cafe on the way home.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:02 pm 
FAYGO

SandyBadlands wrote:
I got the feijoadinha with smoky tempeh, which was pretty good, but not something I'd be psyched about ordering again.

That's what Urban Housewife got. I think she said something about getting bored as she ate it because it was a lot of the same thing.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:20 am 
Member type 4

American Apparel groupon today. 50% off. Neat.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:02 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

I live close to V-Note and have been there a few times for dinner. My favorite things were the seitan scallopini, which was exactly what you would expect, and the black eyed pea cake was tasty- dense and creamy like mashed potatoes on the inside and crunchy on the outside with a good chipotle sauce. As previously mentioned the seitan schnitzel was bland, I wouldn't get it again. The lentil rings were not what I expected but still good, a better name would be lentil cigars. The medallions au poivre was a nice meal but the peppercorn sauce was so strong I was coughing. I don't know, maybe I'm just baby. The feijodinha was flavorful but as you're eating it the different veggies and tempeh don't stand out, it all tastes like the sauce. The fondue was great and they give you enough chocolate to dip everything. I got strawberries, bananas, cookies, cantaloupe, and pineapple for my fondue. Cantaloupe was a little weird in chocolate but I guess people like it.

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]